Mizuno ST190 and ST190G Drivers

Today, I had the opportunity to hit my ST190 fairways 6 times (2 with the 5 wood and 4 with the 3). Each shot was off the turf with fairly tight lies. Hit 1 fade with the 5; otherwise all the shots were straight with a nice, gradual climb. Height was nice without ballooning. I was a bit surprised by the length of each shot. So far, they appear to be about 7-10 yards longer than my old Cobra F7 3 wood, and my Cally Big Bertha 5. Still a small sample size, but I am quite pleased so far.

Last edited:
Bombing my ST-190 (not ST190G). It feels like the Cobra LTD head. Lower spin than the ST180 and more roll out. Big sweet spot! and a lot of shot consistency, shots off low heal & high toe are good . Its Long! Here is a pic of 3 drives into stiff wind; two identical draw flights were 1/2 inch toe shots...yet felt nutted. The shorter ball was a lower heal shot.

20190324_160050_zpsfg9kzusv.jpg

Last edited:
Bombing my ST-190. It feels like the Cobra LTD head. Lower spin than the ST180 and more roll out. Big sweet spot and a lot of shot consistency, shots off low heal & high toe are good . Its Long!

This is exactly what I’ve been seeing from mine. Ironically my misses are low heel when I get lazy and high toe when I go at it too hard. Neither of those strikes have been super penalizing. Lots of roll out. I’ve hit some of my longest drives to date with an ST190G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know this is the driver thread....but the fairway is about to get the full THP review treatment!

Incoming to Oklahoma! Whoo!

I know this is the driver thread....but the fairway is about to get the full THP review treatment!

Incoming to Oklahoma! Whoo!

Can't wait to see what your review has to say. I love my ST190 fairways. It's the first for me in years that I've been confident with my fairway woods.

Can't wait to see what your review has to say. I love my ST190 fairways. It's the first for me in years that I've been confident with my fairway woods.

Excitement is real in casa de la Jman. I’m ready to rip.

Excitement is real in casa de la Jman. I’m ready to rip.

Only 3W I've hit that I can say, I enjoy to have in the bag. Can't wait for your review.

Only 3W I've hit that I can say, I enjoy to have in the bag. Can't wait for your review.

I’m pretty excited to hit it. The face depth is something I’m kinda drawn to at the moment.

Will be fun to hit next the the M5 and the TEE CBX which to this point have been the longest fairway woods on the market for me.

Mizunos continued metalwoods push is fun to watch unfold!

Photo booth photos later, for now though a little preview action...

b8282ba2781ee8a70d3d5fc9a357fc19.jpg

5e1ccbd5303c25336e228f539dede802.jpg

4cf44c40b884dce114b8953f435ffe1a.jpg

2d639a73a9760c4216a0012250e25577.jpg

I have to say, this is a stunner in hand.

I have to say, this is a stunner in hand.

Are you just testing the 3 wood only?

And yes they look really good in hand

Yes currently he is. You can watch one of the most detailed reviews anywhere on the drivers in our episode of Range Days.

Yep, the 3w as of right now!

It should be a fun one.

New thread coming for the fairway tonight, it deserves it. Beautiful clubhead.

Deep too.

Mizuno ST190 Cannon! (195.9g head), with Graphite Design Tour AD I-Z 8X @ 45.5 D4...KaBoom Baby! :shock: this good combo has dispersion, weight & power! The ball traj is upper med to high, flat and penetrating into wind... like its not there. I am driving new zip codes on every hole! Dispersion is awesome you just rip it.

Last edited:
I hit the ST190 last night vs the Ping G410, and the ST190 was longer than the Ping but the shaft was about an inch longer so I'm thinking that could be why, but it felt more explosive than the Ping for me. This Mizuno is definitely a dark horse!

I hit the ST190 last night vs the Ping G410, and the ST190 was longer than the Ping but the shaft was about an inch longer so I'm thinking that could be why, but it felt more explosive than the Ping for me. This Mizuno is definitely a dark horse!

That is interesting on the shaft length. At standard specs, the PING G410 has the longer shaft by a 1/4".

These are still on my hit list. Particularly after working with the 3w.

I'm curious.

It was in Golftown in Langley and I was in there looking for a new bag, and I thought since I was in there why not hit a couple of drivers I haven't tested, so the guy handed me the Ping and the Mizzy. I didn't think anything of it until I hit the Mizuno as it felt like it was more than an inch longer than the Ping. I wonder if he put a 3 wood shaft into it? I wasn't paying too much attention to it.

Another round with my ST190 HL today. All in all, a very good driving day. Of the 12 holes on which I used it, I hit 11 fairways. The one miss was a screaming hook, that honestly came out of nowhere. I've got about 8 rounds in now with this Mizuno, and as best I can remember, that's the 1st hook I've hit with it. Otherwise, all my drives were relatively straight, and good distance for me. Definitely one of the best drivers I've owned.

I see this thread has apparently died, but I ended up at a demo day yesterday just to hit some drivers. Looking to upgrade from my Titleist 913D. I hit the Cobra King F9 Speedback, Callaway Epic Flash, and the Mizuno ST190 with the Mitsubishi Tensei shaft. The Mizuno looked and felt the best, easily. I was predisposed to falling in love with the Epic, but the ST190 topped the other two. The flight, sound, and feel were all great. It is definitely the frontrunner, although by the time I got to the Epic I was a little worn out, so I'll probably give that one another go. The Cobra felt pretty good as well, was long, but the crown was a little busy for my liking.

I see this thread has apparently died, but I ended up at a demo day yesterday just to hit some drivers. Looking to upgrade from my Titleist 913D. I hit the Cobra King F9 Speedback, Callaway Epic Flash, and the Mizuno ST190 with the Mitsubishi Tensei shaft. The Mizuno looked and felt the best, easily. I was predisposed to falling in love with the Epic, but the ST190 topped the other two. The flight, sound, and feel were all great. It is definitely the frontrunner, although by the time I got to the Epic I was a little worn out, so I'll probably give that one another go. The Cobra felt pretty good as well, was long, but the crown was a little busy for my liking.

Went ahead and moved your post to an active Mizuno Driver thread.

ST190%20AD-IZ8x_zpspucewnjy.png

ST190 Tour AD-IZ 8x slight toe shot, smash at 1.5 on others. Tour B XS. Tracman MoonGolf

Last edited:
Standby. Let me screen shot the options I have thru my fitting software

fb2adb356720009a0e5aa211e33113a6.jpg
8ccc2be6e29fef288cc9a1a3a2848bc5.jpg
0c73d0d2a37776bbb28dcbb5eedfe686.jpg
d4138d5bc8b088d2a16465bb93a72e2b.jpg
7d66842ae720786cb29000b3e8d43f2c.jpg
8e4c8478abd7afea73d0c518570a4cb5.jpg
439b26ea239673eab1914f9ee6478363.jpg

There are some more I just don’t have them on the fitting app. I can tell you them tomorrow at work
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for this. I attended a demo day last Saturday, Mizuno, Ping, Callaway, and Cobra were all there. The Mizuno rep had me hit his personal driver, the ST190HL with Tensei CK Blue Series 60 R, a shaft he highly recommended. My average chs with driver is around 104, and I smoked this thing. Looks beautiful from the top, the ball flight was perfect, and the feel was incredible. I've never considered a Mizuno driver....til now. I asked the rep how much for the driver, and since this was at a private club he said he couldn't quote prices, it was up to the head pro. I responded, "No, how much for YOUR driver?", he just laughed and said "not for sale". Can I get some clarification regarding models? Is there a separate HL model, or are all the ST190's considered HL? Well done Mizuno, this club should grow in popularity as the word spreads.

Back