2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

I'm still playing my GD gear from the Rogue line. 2 years now. Let that sink in..........;)

i want to be you when i grow up. that's absolutely my goal as well. the fitting aspect makes me confident that it will happen.

I'm still playing my GD gear from the Rogue line. 2 years now. Let that sink in..........;)

If that isn’t a glowing endorsement to get fit then I don’t know what is!

If that isn’t a glowing endorsement to get fit then I don’t know what is!
I went to recoils of course but grooved the irons, wedges and woods so well that I was almost scared to do anything. Will be watching this lineup this year as I think I'm almost ready to upgrade to hopefully some new tech!

for my teammates, how has getting the invite affected your ho’ing? do you still lust after clubs? or are you pretty content? i overhauled almost my whole bag right before getting in. but i think if i wasn’t in i probably still would have bought some more stuff. being in had definitely made me really content to wait, knowing the awesomeness that awaits us.
I was certainly due for a new set of irons and had planned on purchasing some over the summer but after getting in I’ve held off.

With that said, the only thing that seemingly changed is now i want to go buy a set of callaway irons! :p

I’m also playing the original Apex hybrids and my GBB 4 wood from my Grandaddy fitting in 2015. I love all of those clubs. And hit the 4w so well I just don’t want to switch. Driver, irons, wedges and putter have all seen upgrades though.

I played my CF16's and everything else from my 2016 GD bag until this year. I gave my irons to my son and I had a month or two where I played a different set of irons before I said "screw it" and played "his" irons for a while. I bought a set of CF19 Apex Pros, I have MD4 wedges instead of the MD Forged and I have an Epic Flash SZ vs an Epic SZ. I'm playing the same 3W, I'm playing a different loft of an original Apex UT like I got at the GD and I'm playing a Toulon Garage putter (I think I have 4 now). I even played my GD bag until a few weeks ago when I tore a zipper and a cart attendant bent one of the legs on it. To say I've loved my gear is an understatement...

for my teammates, how has getting the invite affected your ho’ing? do you still lust after clubs? or are you pretty content? i overhauled almost my whole bag right before getting in. but i think if i wasn’t in i probably still would have bought some more stuff. being in had definitely made me really content to wait, knowing the awesomeness that awaits us.

I would say it scaled it way back this year. Other than driver, I don't necessarily replace clubs all that frequently. But I was planning to seriously spend some time with the Apex Pro and combo set this spring to see if an upgrade was in order and I probably would have replaced a wedge or two too, and maybe my 3-wood. I got my invite right about the time the weather was finally getting good enough to get out consistently though, and once I got it, I figured I might as well wait. For me, it wasn't as much about saving the money as it was having the professional fitters telling me what I need. Trying to guess and figure it out by myself seemed like a waste once I knew I'd be going to ECPC.

I played my CF16's and everything else from my 2016 GD bag until this year. I gave my irons to my son and I had a month or two where I played a different set of irons before I said "screw it" and played "his" irons for a while. I bought a set of CF19 Apex Pros, I have MD4 wedges instead of the MD Forged and I have an Epic Flash SZ vs an Epic SZ. I'm playing the same 3W, I'm playing a different loft of an original Apex UT like I got at the GD and I'm playing a Toulon Garage putter (I think I have 4 now). I even played my GD bag until a few weeks ago when I tore a zipper and a cart attendant bent one of the legs on it. To say I've loved my gear is an understatement...
I am still rocking the 2016 Apex irons. Very nice clubs. I don't know that I would have upgraded to the 2019 version or not. I probably would have been on the hunt for a good deal on the X Forged. But, much like @bigskyirish stated, it just doesn't pay knowing that I will have a fitting. And I think I could still be just happy with the Epic SZ. 2016 was a great year for equipment.

Just sayin' new equipment being launched gets my blood flowing. New equipment being launched that I will have at my disposal in December is a whole other level.

Quick note to participants. The hashtag for the event, just like all years is #TheGrandaddy
When using Twitter or Instagram, please use that one instead of #Grandaddy

Thanks.

Quick note to participants. The hashtag for the event, just like all years is #TheGrandaddy

Thanks.
Noted, thank you.

Thanks.
The greatest hashtag in all of Twitter.

39 days, 14 hours until travel day!

What's up my Grandaddy brothers? How are we feeling heading into the home stretch? Any goals that you set out? Did you achieve them? Coming down to almost a month until go time, is there anything on your list that needs to be checked off yet?

What's up my Grandaddy brothers? How are we feeling heading into the home stretch? Any goals that you set out? Did you achieve them? Coming down to almost a month until go time, is there anything on your list that needs to be checked off yet?
Maintained my HC so far. Swing is feeling good and consistent. Just need to pack some bags!!! LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Stay on top of working out and stretching to remain flexible and try to hit the range 1-2x a week during November.

ive already made a list of stuff to pack.So just playing the waiting game now!

Keep the photos coming, Jourdan! What a beautiful day and course!

For a larger audience, he may want to consider using the THP Live Round thread.

I'd say that right now, I'm doing really well on working out, pretty well on the golf aspect of things, and not all that well on eating better. Golf is about to take a turn for me because of the weather and work though. I'm going to have a busy next few weeks and it looks like the weather is mostly going to suck. I'm going to do my best to at least get in a simulator here and there so I can keep swinging though.

Man, I'm getting so excited. It's going to be tough to actually get work done for the next month.

health, work and life got in the way of me working out and playing golf. it's been a month since i've worked out and 3 weeks since i've made a full swing. i'm hoping to get back to both this week.

honestly, i still have work to do. i don't think my game is going to be where i wanted it. that's disappointing, but whatever, it won't take away from the experience. i've had so much fun getting to know the team, and i'm excited to bring content to this community.

we are so close, it's shocking. i can still feel the excitement from when i read that magical private message. and i can still feel the excitement every time i found out who the next team member would be. now, as we are so close, i can feel the excitement and anticipation for what is to come.

Back