TaylorMade 19 FlexTech Golf Bag Review

Pretty excited to jump back in here with the standard 5-way top FlexTech.

Much more my pace, much more my style.

Waterproofing was tested this weekend haha

512990abf289847a9f58e2ab23a23530.jpg

I can't wait to hear the guys thoughts on these after this past weekend. I used mine on my ClicGear for the first time on Friday and had no real issues with it.

I can't wait to hear the guys thoughts on these after this past weekend. I used mine on my ClicGear for the first time on Friday and had no real issues with it.

Man, this weekend gave these bags a big test, maybe equivalent to months of normal use in just a three day window. My initial review will be coming in hot and I will be updating as I get used to the features, durability, and overall satisfaction in putting this bag into play. So far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering throwing mine on the Clic today for a walk, might help the ole soreness.

Just a quick comparison of the 5 way top of the TM FlexTech to the 5 way top of the Ping Hoofer, which I had been using previously.

On the TM FlexTech, the larger single well is at the top of the bag, where I would normally place my woods and putter. On the Hoofer, the larger well is at the bottom of the bag, where I would normally place 4 wedges/higher lofted clubs.

The question is - where is the larger well better served - at the top or bottom of the bag...

It certainly comes down to personal preference. For me, I think it makes more sense with the FlexTech to have the larger well at the top of the bag. Having a mallet putter with a thicker grip, along with the real estate that the headcovers take up, I think it lends to easier access getting putter and woods out from the larger well, rather than having those clubs split into 2 smaller wells where the divider takes away some of the space. I could deal with it either way, but it just seems like having that larger well at the top makes it a little easier.

flextech 5 way top_LI.jpg

ping hoofer 5 way top_LI.jpg

Just a quick comparison of the 5 way top of the TM FlexTech to the 5 way top of the Ping Hoofer, which I had been using previously.

On the TM FlexTech, the larger single well is at the top of the bag, where I would normally place my woods and putter. On the Hoofer, the larger well is at the bottom of the bag, where I would normally place 4 wedges/higher lofted clubs.

The question is - where is the larger well better served - at the top or bottom of the bag...

It certainly comes down to personal preference. For me, I think it makes more sense with the FlexTech to have the larger well at the top of the bag. Having a mallet putter with a thicker grip, along with the real estate that the headcovers take up, I think it lends to easier access getting putter and woods out from the larger well, rather than having those clubs split into 2 smaller wells where the divider takes away some of the space. I could deal with it either way, but it just seems like having that larger well at the top makes it a little easier.

View attachment 39797

View attachment 39798

I agree completely. This is the first bag I have had with that large of a well at the top and so far I like it much more.

View attachment 39797

View attachment 39798

I couldn't agree more. I have used a mallet putter for a long-time now and the top needs more room. Even if you have a Scotty, The headcover can take up almost half of the top divider.

So, since getting home I have been able to mess around with the FlexTech that I received for the #InjectedSpeed event. For those who didn't keep up with the event, I got the standard model which coming from a PING Hoofer Mascot bag (my HS team I coach) in Orange and Black (Well done Jory and JB!) which is my schools colors and frankly just looks badass. Here is the stock image of the bag, I'll get some in-hands outdoors this weekend as well though:

taylormade-flextech-bag.jpg

Now, I had previously worked with the FlexTech Lifestyle Crossover stand bag for this thread early on and admittedly tailed off there in feedback, main reason being, I'm just not a 14-way guy, and I carry so much with practices and such that I want lighter with a simple divider setup, the Crossover just doesn't fit my needs.

So, at #InjectedSpeed it was fun to talk to Casey of TM who is their soft-goods guy about their bags, and when he asked me what bag I was using before the event he smiled when I told him, why? The Hoofer has been the gold standard of carry bags for years, and for a reason. With that, the FlexTech has been, by their admission in the past and currently, modeled in some ways after the Hoofer, because if something is the best out there, why wouldn't you look at what they're doing to try and create something new?

For the FlexTech, it is interesting going back to a 5-way divider because the Mascot version of the Hoofer (which pretty much every college and HS uses) is only a 4-Way divider, so my feedback/thoughts differ a bit from BriMac's above since I'm already used to an open divider in the top of the bag. That remaining makes life easy for driver, fairway, putter, and one hybrid to situate there for me. The remaining setup is easy, typical setup really. I've not had any issues tangling so far, which is pleasant, and the clubs seat into the bag well. We will see when I get about 50 more rounds on the bag this summer how it holds up though.

I'm going to hit this thread often so I don't want just one novella, but, I do want to discuss two things I love.

1) Cart Strap Pass-Through - The fact that its implemented with NO disruption of weight or storage in this TRUE (IMO) carry bag but is there for those that want it is cool as hell. Stability in the cart when you ride is key.

2) TM's Base Design - The shape works, the deployment system of the legs is solid, and it also helps the bag situate into a cart WHEN you choose to ride really well. Combo the base with the pass-through, and now you're cooking.

I'll get into the storage and such some more soon!

00053c1b55eb95a130a439d71d45db84.jpg

Plus my Stacked Skulls covers look pretty killer in this one...

Pretty excited to jump back in here with the standard 5-way top FlexTech.

Much more my pace, much more my style.

Waterproofing was tested this weekend haha

512990abf289847a9f58e2ab23a23530.jpg

I love this picture so much. Gives great feedback on how the material handles water.

I love this picture so much. Gives great feedback on how the material handles water.

I have an eye for these types of photos. Hehe

I am not a “put my name on my bag” type of guy. However, for the hell of it I submitted the request to take advantage of TaylorMade’s free offer for the name panel. Let’s see how it comes out.

I am not a “put my name on my bag” type of guy. However, for the hell of it I submitted the request to take advantage of TaylorMade’s free offer for the name panel. Let’s see how it comes out.

The fact that you can replace it with the original makes throwing something on there a no-brainer

Hope you went with "I'm almost finished getting ready dear!"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hope you went with "I'm almost finished getting ready dear!"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hah - I was moving quite slow that morning. The fire pit will do that to you.

04d7bf5444c27e6adf152d8627289e04.jpg

At the course getting a little range time and it’s a great time to give a quick review of the TaylorMade Flextech Lifestyle bag.

First quick shoutouts:
@OITW for the Haig Point bag tag - she has found a home.

@BriMac for the Bethpage golf towel. Looks right at home on the bag. Big thanks!

@Donny475 for the Injected Speed custom tag. Man that thing is just cool.

Here is the card for the Lifestyle bag.

5a785756ac74b27fa462653d7ad8c1fa.jpg

And here is the attachment that describes the free engraving, which is sent separate and you just zip off the original cover and replace it. Cool idea and fun.

ed917655d74bc9728e44eab3f36c01e3.jpg

I have the 5-way top and am really liking this so far. The club tangle is minimal and I can fit up to 5 clubs in the top compartment, including my putter with a Flat Cat grip. The dividers only divide horizontally, so club grips can leak across from side to side but the size of the compartments has made this a minimal issue so far. Overall, really satisfied with the club management and layout.

2c78224f52c393fc776c8964eb9b9dfc.jpg

90c7ad79b32637b493e4a3b3bde549fe.jpg

The cart bag strap pass-through feature is genius and one of my favorite features as I ride quite a bit.

The material on mine is called a tweed and is like a tight digital Camo pattern of blue and charcoal. Looks really simple but classy. The Lifestyle bags have some fun color and pattern options without being over-the-top. Also this bag was severely tested for rain resistance in the squalls we played in last weekend and it was a champ at keeping everything dry.

The full length compartment is easily accessed and contains a couple of inner pockets with mesh for holding rain- hoods etc and has a zipper for accessing the lower interior of the bag.

c80887e347a562d2b522977a9cba2ac4.jpg

There are 2 small, pockets on the right side - one for valuables that is lined and another that is all-purpose that is fairly deep. They have a nice large loop for the zippers - just a nice little touch.

381684612e7fd8f7eddbc24ca2823814.jpg

The main compartments are super easy to access and very generous for size. I’m keeping my range finder in the top and balls in the bottom, which got quite depleted this past weekend.

a6f540d9e5f6d951329e926c16bdeba5.jpg

The left side has three pockets - the top one is an open access cooler pocket for carrying a drink and is quite large, but it doesn’t seem to be as padded or lined as some and I don’t know how cold it will keep a drink. The others pockets are mid-sized and sufficient for holding tees and adapter tools, etc.

0b9f007fd3e2e89e4a7073ccc143ab7a.jpg

The legs are aluminum and not carbon and that may be a knock as one of the legs on mine got dented by the baggage handlers.

The stand works easily and is very sturdy and the straps are comfortable though I have yet to dial them in as I usually just carry on one shoulder when moving the bag around.

Overall, I am really enjoying this bag and think it is top tier quality wise.

I will add more as I get more time with the bag and please ask questions.

Funny story, but I was chipping at the practice green today and there was one other guy there chipping. He was using TM TP5 golf balls, which got us talking. Turns out he used to be the TM rep in New England and knows all the TM guys from this past weekend and had even spoken with Jory on the way down and knew all about the event they were hosting for THP. Ha, Small world!

About to clean up the ole clubs, will snap some pics to throw up in here!

As promised....

93a966bcb0536b2ead140f9f2745c5cd.jpg

5f7ee16064f9009b0792abdf9d9836dc.jpg

75f7426062b23974146ca9d38a4f5402.jpg

206ac31b753a66675e56ace881b38f6f.jpg

48f772cf35c34c632023d0d1921306f2.jpg

919fdce0e80930feee70173877ccf8b9.jpg

a4c538b08d4cafc4dec949c8838f94ce.jpg

2b2bec09d22447b1f5471ede4ff96225.jpg

d6ebb46e457cd43898be16c4221a6249.jpg

5510918a6c27d66416f9013057c47921.jpg

adcc6752030201999ced37ed73b6d85b.jpg

Forgot to add, these look pretty killer in it when loaded up:

9030df178835b758b211ab9cacd03508.jpg

fbea2284ce3f3cf8c081992f4bf3a13e.jpg

My review:
I would like to add my review of the new Taylormade FlexTech bags. We received one at the Taylormade Injected Speed event held at RTJ Grand National in Opelika, Alabama and I truly do not believe there could have been a better place and time to try out these bags. I myself, was given the FlexTech Crossover since my current bag was a Cart bag. I could not have been more pleased, and that doesn’t really have much to do with my cart bag being over 10 years old. First off I was skeptical that this would have enough room for all my gear. Boy was I wrong…..this has 10 pockets! 2 full length zippers and a smaller valuables pocket on one side. @ generous zippered pouches on the other, Interior pockets for keys or GPS , ball pocket and then there is still a cooler pouch behind that! It even has an insulated bottle pocket….

There is a 14 way top that has a slot for each club. Full length dividers so your grips are not entangled in the bottom so you have to play tug-o-war to get your club out, this way they just slide out. With this being a crossover bag, hybrid if you will between a carry bag and a cart bag, it even has a pass-through spot for the cart strap so you still have access to all the side pockets while it is on a cart. Take it off the cart and the smooth release stand system as soon as you set it down.

Now for the test, I used my bag on Friday for 18 holes, through a couple of rain delays. After we got back to the hotel and getting ready for dinner meant laying out the rain gear drying the grips and towels and all the things playing in the rain entails. We know, cause if it’s just a drizzle with no lightning, might as well keep playing, right? Well, I was not expecting to get this extra edition until dinner that night, surprise…I mean, I knew we were getting a driver, (more on that in another thread), and some balls, but a BAG? Well, that evening I went back to the room and swapped all my stuff over to the new bag and even with the clubs, rain gear new balls and such, this was SOOO much lighter than my old bag. I guess 10 years ago they made them in layers of burlap and leather to keep the rain out. Saturday dawns gorgeous and sunshine and at the range early. The sunshine did not last. % rain delays through the 36 holes and I have to say. Water beads up on this thing like a freshly waxed car, you know the good stuff they try to sell you at the Kroger’s gas while you are filling up and checking your messages on your phone….Yeah, the good protectant. So we played in rain, stopped under the trees, and even drove back to the clubhouse in sideways “frog stranglers” . The zippers and flaps are so well constructed on these new bags, The unopened sleeves of balls and my extra scorecards were not wet.

How well did I love this bag? I donated my old one to First tee. If you like personalization, it comes with a zip off panel in the front and you can log on to Taylormade and they will send you a new panel emblazoned with your name, just zip it on and hit the local tour, BAM Personalized!
Here are some pics of mine, and I know, you’re thinking; how the heck did this guy get those US Open head covers….#Tayloermade # InjectedSpeed #winnerwinnerchickendinner and that Limited Edition Masters Putter Cover....thank you MH

Attachments

• 1eec80a6af88d3383b20a8943adf11a0.jpg
    1eec80a6af88d3383b20a8943adf11a0.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8193.JPG
    IMG_8193.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8190.JPG
    IMG_8190.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8194.JPG
    IMG_8194.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8192.JPG
    IMG_8192.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8191.JPG
    IMG_8191.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 9
Those US Open Headcovers and the PGA Headcovers are straight

I had a guy at my Thursday evening scramble ask me how i had those already. Tried to buy them and my Masters putter cover. I politely said no thank you....I do have a nice set of slightly used Texas head covers if you need them....

The PGA covers look SO good in the bag, cooler for me is the JR PGA league motif inside as a youth coach!

Back