Snell MTB-X Golf Balls

The authors of the study believe in humans for club testing and robots for ball testing. I’m with them that you have to use robots for balls.

I differ in that you should use robots for clubs too. Only, you use the robot at various speeds and impact various parts of the club face to get data that is likely to be more pertinent to the average golfer.

Did you hack my email?

Lol. I pretty much wrote the same thing to my buddy today after discussing the ball test. Would love to see robot testing on each driver head at 80, 90, 100 and 110 swing speeds. In addition at each speed I want to see on data on 9 points on the club face.
High heel
Middle heel
Low heel
Center high
Center
Center low
High toe
Middle toe
Low toe
And for good measure camel toe
?

If you didn’t get them ordered earlier today, you missed the boat. They are now on back order. I bet it takes a month before they are back in stock.

It’s a shame. I love what Snell is doing and the value is on par with the the magic 4 piece Kirkland balls from a couple years ago. But the supply chain needs to stay stocked, especially since you have to wait two days to receive them as opposed to buying in store.

So is everyone going to buy a dozen now that the MGS article came out??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I know a few guys that have bought 5 dozen since

A general musing here, but I'm flabbergasted at the poor dispersion some balls showed off of a swing robot. I have no idea what to make of it, but I will forever blame my golf ball for any and all misses.

Honestly this, plus the differences in white / yellow that showed up with the Srixons have me questioning their methodology.

(not enough to actually get into a tizzy over it though)

I got 2 dozen a couple weeks ago and they will hopefully last quite a few rounds

I got 2 dozen a couple weeks ago and they will hopefully last quite a few rounds
You guys need to tell me if the MGS article is correct or not.

Honestly this, plus the differences in white / yellow that showed up with the Srixons have me questioning their methodology.

(not enough to actually get into a tizzy over it though)

Why would you lean toward methodology over manufacturing tolerances?

Is one of those guys you? I just boxed up that sleeve.
Lol no sir too many more big boxes come through here my wife is going to burn it all

Lol no sir too many more big boxes come through here my wife is going to burn it all

I had to decide what number sleeve to send you, 4 or 1. I figured you liked 4 twice as much as 1.

I got a second RTX4 wedge today, wife asked me if I bought another club. I told her that it was part of the THP giveaway I run. Now she wants to go on Maury Povich.

I can send you a sleeve of each if you want to try them.

Just saw this. Had to adjust my notifications on Tapatalk.

Appreciate the offer! But I already got a dozen of mtb x and one of my buddy gave me a sleeve of srixon.

Now just need this Ohio weather to stop being unpredictable so I can try them out!

Just saw this. Had to adjust my notifications on Tapatalk.

Appreciate the offer! But I already got a dozen of mtb x and one of my buddy gave me a sleeve of srixon.

Now just need this Ohio weather to stop being unpredictable so I can try them out!

Awesome! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. I am liking the MTB-X more after the second round I played with them. Going to try to give it another go Friday.

Must be, they are out of stock now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. I am liking the MTB-X more after the second round I played with them. Going to try to give it another go Friday.
What do you like the most about them?

What do you like the most about them?

1. Value. It’s more ball than what the price represents, by a large margin.

2. Low spin off the tee. This is the most important feature I look for in a ball.

3. Distance. The ball travels far when well struck with the driver and long iron.

My dislike is that it feels firm, and I don’t feel like I can control it around the green as well as I can a TP5X, but that may change with time and experience.

1. Value. It’s more ball than what the price represents, by a large margin.

2. Low spin off the tee. This is the most important feature I look for in a ball.

3. Distance. The ball travels far when well struck with the driver and long iron.

My dislike is that it feels firm, and I don’t feel like I can control it around the green as well as I can a TP5X, but that may change with time and experience.

I dig #1 so hard. Snell provides a lot of value for sure.

Must be, they are out of stock now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Their site says they are taking back orders which are expected to ship 5/15.

Why would you lean toward methodology over manufacturing tolerances?

I think the manufacturing tolerances absolutely show up in the shot area / dispersion data. But I just don't see how the differences between white and yellow can introduce a 4x change.

I can't imagine a company known for making a quality ball (Srixon) would tolerate that big of a difference by changing the color of a ball.

(and I've heard from a reliable source that they were puzzled about that too)

I had to decide what number sleeve to send you, 4 or 1. I figured you liked 4 twice as much as 1.

I got a second RTX4 wedge today, wife asked me if I bought another club. I told her that it was part of the THP giveaway I run. Now she wants to go on Maury Povich.

Tell her it was a trade for that F7!!!! I still owe you!

Tell her it was a trade for that F7!!!! I still owe you!

Ha. Who says she knows about the F7? It’s a full time job to shuffle these clubs, I swear.

I think the manufacturing tolerances absolutely show up in the shot area / dispersion data. But I just don't see how the differences between white and yellow can introduce a 4x change.

I can't imagine a company known for making a quality ball (Srixon) would tolerate that big of a difference by changing the color of a ball.

(and I've heard from a reliable source that they were puzzled about that too)

It could have been a single “defective” ball that caused the issue. But, if they tested on different days I’d think weather could play a role.

That article def makes me want to buy MTB-X and ProV1x now. I was a soft ball guy before yesterday.

If that yellow=orange paint isnt done right, those balls dont fly far. Titleist has a team of paint engineers just for paint applications. I've been a Snell guy from day one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Went to pick up a dozen online and they are on backorder.

Back