2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

You mean like the giant stickied thread in the tech section that says how to.

Oh, that’s what that’s for? Lol

I’ll reread it:)

Sorry didn’t mean to pee on the parade, carry on good folks! ?

would very much suggest Tapatalk for images. Super easy

That’s what I recalled, old phone wasn’t compatible. New phone probably is so I’ll have to check it out. Thanks!

Well Ive gotta say today was a great day to be a part of this event!

I think we should probably start a thread on this travel bag and get some good info on it in the coming days / weeks. I’m sure I’ll be using it in flight sooner rather than later.

Also might be nice to thank Bridgestone on special media if anyone is so inclined! They seem to love the interaction if they are tagged in the post with a link to this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Eel I e gotta day today was a great day to be a part of this event!

I think we should probably start a thread on this travel bag and get some good info on it in the coming days / weeks. I’m sure I’ll be using it in flight sooner rather than later.

Also might be nice to thank Bridgestone on special media if anyone is so inclined! They seem to love the interaction if they are tagged in the post with a link to this thread!

Great idea and awesome way to let the sponsor know how appreciative! Honest reviews are always encouraged.

Getting Tapatalk, didn't think I'd be hooked to THP so quickly. But now it's how I start, end and occasionally (used loosely in this instance) distract myself from Excel spreadsheets all day haha

Whelp.....THP never ceases to amaze me. I needed a new one badly and this one is siccccccckkkkkkkk! So thrilled!!!!

Since forum name changes are a thing these days...Could be time for a forum name change to @PorKchop

I capitalized the P and K for you!

What you think @jb

I did the Twitter thing yesterday. I know Adam saw so that’s a good start

I did the Twitter thing yesterday. I know Adam saw so that’s a good start

He seems like a fun dude!

He seems like a fun dude!

Adam is also a stick so it will be fun to watch him put on a stripe show at Firestone.

Great idea, except I don’t tweet or other:( This is pretty much the extent of my social media. Been toying with Instagram since THP does a lot on there. If I did get Instagram, is that something I could post a thank you to them on?

But.... I may just go old school and write an actual letter to them. No one does that anymore.

At any rate it was a tremendous gesture from THP and Bridgestone!

Great idea, except I don’t tweet or other:( This is pretty much the extent of my social media. Been toying with Instagram since THP does a lot on there. If I did get Instagram, is that something I could post a thank you to them on?

But.... I may just go old school and write an actual letter to them. No one does that anymore.

At any rate it was a tremendous gesture from THP and Bridgestone!

I think Instagram would be great!!! I think the point is that Bridgestone expects a lot of interaction within THP regarding anything they happen to give us. Bags, balls clubs etc. we should be reviewing everything we come in contact with to reciprocate the amazingness that they’ve put together for us. There’s certainly no requirement, but part of the duty of being a THPer (AC member) at these events is making sure that the sponsor sees value in bringing the event or something like it back to THP and it’s members in the future. I thinks that’s the least we can do to thank them. So whether it be on THP, social or whatever....anything that shines the light on Bridgestone and also THP will go a long way out in the public golfing world to show how much a sponsor cares about its buying public.

I’m not preaching here just giving you some insight as to why if I were working at any of these companies there has to be some sort or return on investment to keep doing them and having them be a useful tool to get real feedback from everyday golfers....like us. Honesty is the best policy in reviewing or discussing an item but a true sincerity of appreciation for what these sponsors do in this community is at the very least expected from our peers and fellow AC members.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Instagram would be great!!! I think the point is that Bridgestone expects a lot of interaction within THP regarding anything they happen to give us. Bags, balls clubs etc. we should be reviewing everything we come in contact with to reciprocate the amazingness that they’ve put together for us. There’s certainly no requirement, but part of the duty of being a THPer (AC member) at these events is making sure that the sponsor sees value in bringing the event or something like it back to THP and it’s members in the future. I thinks that’s the least we can do to thank them. So whether it be on THP, social or whatever....anything that shines the light on Bridgestone and also THP will go a long way out in the public golfing world to show how much a sponsor cares about its buying public.

I’m not preaching here just giving you some insight as to why if I were working at any of these companies there has to be some sort or return on investment to keep doing them and having them be a useful tool to get real feedback from everyday golfers....like us. Honesty is the best policy in reviewing or discussing an item but a true sincerity of appreciation for what these sponsors do in this community is at the very least expected from our peers and fellow AC members.

Hey, this “Infamous Smiter” (lol!) appreciates any insight. I fully plan to hold up the review end of the deal, always have. If being on Instagram helps with that, I’ll do it. I’m too wordy for “140 characters or less” so I’ll look into Instagram in the next day or two.

It’ll take me outside of my comfort zone to be on social media, like Instagram, but an old(ish) dog can learn new(ish) tricks.

I’ll figure it out. I have a 15 year old that I refer to as my tech expert. Basically when my phone stops working right I hand it to him and tell him to fix it, lol. I’m sure he can help when needed.

Hey, this “Infamous Smiter” (lol!) appreciates any insight. I fully plan to hold up the review end of the deal, always have. If being on Instagram helps with that, I’ll do it. I’m too wordy for “140 characters or less” so I’ll look into Instagram in the next day or two.

It’ll take me outside of my comfort zone to be on social media, like Instagram, but an old(ish) dog can learn new(ish) tricks.

I’ll figure it out. I have a 15 year old that I refer to as my tech expert. Basically when my phone stops working right I hand it to him and tell him to fix it, lol. I’m sure he can help when needed.

Again, there’s no requirement for that. But, THP is a family and we should try to emulate those who’ve come before us so that the ones who come after get a chance at the same opportunities. Let me know if ya need any help!

Repped THP and Bridgestone on Twitter and Instagram.

Since forum name changes are a thing these days...Could be time for a forum name change to @PorKchop

I capitalized the P and K for you!

What you think @jb

I like that. PorK has so many good ones. PorK Rind ohhhh. Or we could just call you tenderloin...All though that sounds more creepy as I read this post than typing it. :act-up:

I like that. PorK has so many good ones. PorK Rind ohhhh. Or we could just call you tenderloin...All though that sounds more creepy as I read this post than typing it. :act-up:

I think 2GlovedTenderloin has a nice ring to it.

Definitely. Good team name too.

Well that took a turn I wasn’t expecting!

2GlovedTenderloin has a nice ring to it!

What you think @PKorf?

Well that took a turn I wasn’t expecting!

2GlovedTenderloin has a nice ring to it!

What you think @PKorf?

Tenderloin on its own is pretty damn weird. Lol.

I think if 2GlovedTenderloin could fit on a license plate......

PKorf is dead on with this take. Companies are always evaluating the value in what they lay out for customer appreciation. You guys are already doing a great job, and Smiter, don't beat yourself up too badly on the social media thing, we're not all quite there yet. I read most of the aforementioned outlets, but don't actively participate that much. I only wish my industry had a "THP" to use as a forum, but portland and masonry cement just ain't that sexy. You guys are gonna have a blast (already are), and I look forward to following along.

PKorf is dead on with this take. Companies are always evaluating the value in what they lay out for customer appreciation. You guys are already doing a great job, and Smiter, don't beat yourself up too badly on the social media thing, we're not all quite there yet. I read most of the aforementioned outlets, but don't actively participate that much. I only wish my industry had a "THP" to use as a forum, but portland and masonry cement just ain't that sexy. You guys are gonna have a blast (already are), and I look forward to following along.

For sure. I’m not beating myself up, and if joining the social media world helps out the forum, count me in!

I’m sure someone would appreciate a personal letter, but from a marketing standpoint I guess that doesn’t do any good. Attaching good things to the company that reps Tiger, that would probably reach a few more folks than a personal letter:)

Time to start my journey into the Instagram-sphere.

For sure. I’m not beating myself up, and if joining the social media world helps out the forum, count me in!

I’m sure someone would appreciate a personal letter, but from a marketing standpoint I guess that doesn’t do any good. Attaching good things to the company that reps Tiger, that would probably reach a few more folks than a personal letter:)

Time to start my journey into the Instagram-sphere.

I'm not a huge user of social media, I have accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, whatever) but I don't like to use them much because what I do in my personal time doesn't always match what I want my professional (I'm using this very loosely) profile to look like just in case I ever need to work for someone else or my current customers might be offended in some way. Probably not a "real" concern but you never know. I signed up for Twitter years ago to follow the Masters while I was working a show and today I "Tweeted"? for the first time. For something like this I am more than happy to recognize those responsible for the awesome experience we're all about to have.

All of that to say, it wasn't super difficult and I'm sure you won't have much trouble figuring it out.

All of that to say, it wasn't super difficult and I'm sure you won't have much trouble figuring it out.

Oh it’ll be real easy. I’m going to hand my phone to my 15 year old and tell him “set me up”. :)

I’m also trying to remember to “go advanced” and attach my signature to every post. I’m about 90% on that.

Bridgestone is super engaging on twitter. I was also not a big user (had an account but didn't do much with it) but learned to post stuff. They will take off with it and be very engaging. Those Bridgestone folks are good people!

Back