Subtle Patriot Travel Cover

Nice write up, JB. I love the hat storage. Is it strictly for caps, or while it hold a brimmed hat also?

Nice write up, JB. I love the hat storage. Is it strictly for caps, or while it hold a brimmed hat also?

Plenty of room for most.

Bump per request.

Interesting looking bag for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love a lot of things about this travel bag but knowing how airports handle bags I just can not use anything except a full hard case

I love a lot of things about this travel bag but knowing how airports handle bags I just can not use anything except a full hard case

You’ve only got Wilson clubs in there not like anything valuable :alien: :alien: :angel: :angel:

Meh, I’ve been all over the country with my clubs in a non hard case and never had a single issue other than them showing up late a couple times.

Meh, I’ve been all over the country with my clubs in a non hard case and never had a single issue other than them showing up late a couple times.

Perhaps I should give a soft sided case a try

Packed and ready to go

c2f2c27a406977e15c5f9682751e5fae.jpg

That hat case section is pretty brilliant.

They’re an innovative and clever company imo, just like with the stand bag having the magnetic rangefinder pocket

Wow that built-in hat pocket might be the greatest invention since the wheel!

Wow that thing looks sturdy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just loaded this one up again for my trip to Chicago this week. Everything fits perfectly, the hat separator works incredibly well and it feels really substantial.

I really liked the looks of this bag when I saw it a few weeks ago.

JB;n8875398 said:
Just loaded this one up again for my trip to Chicago this week. Everything fits perfectly, the hat separator works incredibly well and it feels really substantial.

I'd love to give this thing a chance but I just can't justify the cost for only using it maybe once a year. The hat protector is almost enough for me tho.

PS. I really like the UK JB Holmes bag stool. I just hope it doesn't slow your work down. I need one for my UK ManCave.

Last edited:
KY Golfer;n8875409 said:
I'd love to give this thing a chance but I just can't justify the cost for only using it maybe once a year. The hat protector is almost enough for me tho.

PS. I really like UK JB Holmes bag stool. I just hope it doesn't slow your work down. I need one for my UK ManCave.

I view all travel covers like this when it comes to an expense. By something that takes good care of your equipment and will last a decade or by something that will work fine, but you might be replacing every few years.
I went through this with the Club Glider. I absolutely loved the legs. One of the best things that came out of travel bag innovation in recent years. But three of them in a row got tears in them, so much so that last time I was in Chicago with them, I had to call Budget Golf and have it replaced while at Olympia Fields, because the tear was so bad.

I tried this one and its been rock solid so far. Things like the zippers appear to be made better, the stitching by the zippers is definitely made better and the hat compartment is icing on the cake.

SlightDraw;n8549616 said:
The hat compartment is solid. I usually bring 5-6 hats with me on trips and feel like it would work well here.

Its very cool. I carry a hat case in my carry-on, so this would definitely make more room there.

Just don't think I can ever kick out my club glider.

JB, or others who have this cover, what size golf bag are you carrying? Will it hold an Ogio RTC with some room left for other items? Or would the bag itself make it a tight fit?

Parrot;n8888195 said:
JB, or others who have this cover, what size golf bag are you carrying? Will it hold an Ogio RTC with some room left for other items? Or would the bag itself make it a tight fit?

Definitely. No issue at all, plus you have the hat and shoe compartment separately. It’s quite spacious.

JB;n8888217 said:
Definitely. No issue at all, plus you have the hat and shoe compartment separately. It’s quite spacious.

Thank you. I really like the Glider but the 6 wheel feature, and the hat and shoe compartments, of this cover make it really hard to beat. It’s less expensive, it has the discount at Budget and Idont need to buy a cap case or stick them in my carry on and hope they survive with little wrinkling or crush.

Parrot;n8888232 said:
Thank you. I really like the Glider but the 6 wheel feature, and the hat and shoe compartments, of this cover make it really hard to beat. It’s less expensive, it has the discount at Budget and Idont need to buy a cap case or stick them in my carry on and hope they survive with little wrinkling or crush.

I am using this over my glider right now. After 3 Sun Mountain club gliders ripping on me in a row, this one has been rock solid for 3 trips so far.

Just cleaned this one out after seeing another thread reminded me that I need to do it. Hats perfect. Shoes perfect. Rolls away into the corner and well padded. Love this thing.

A question - is this considered a hardcase or a softcase? It appears to be a softcase but rivaling hardcase impact protection?

A question - is this considered a hardcase or a softcase? It appears to be a softcase but rivaling hardcase impact protection?

Its a soft case. Which helps me with rental car space.
THe protection is fantastic though.

This will definitely be the next travel cover I buy - from Budget Golf with the discount

Back