War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Every time PXG pops up in a thread, the hate is strong.

So, I ask this... Why?

Why the hate? Because it's expensive? Because some see it as gaudy? Why the hate toward PXG and not toward XXIO? Miura? KZG? Other exotic brands?

Every time PXG pops up in a thread, the hate is strong.

So, I ask this... Why?

Why the hate? Because it's expensive? Because some see it as gaudy? Why the hate toward PXG and not toward XXIO? Miura? KZG? Other exotic brands?

Really good question. I don't get it, I thought options were good for consumers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really good question. I don't get it, I thought options were good for consumers.

I find it interesting in the Golf world that the hate is strong toward PXG. Glad people dont feel the same way toward the premium Specialized S-Works bikes I sell...

I find it interesting in the Golf world that the hate is strong toward PXG. Glad people dont feel the same way toward the premium Specialized S-Works bikes I sell...

Just an overpriced Huffy right?

I kid of course. Those seem cool, except I don't know how to ride a bike.

I don't hate them. The 80k weekend was off putting though.

There are multiple problems with PXG as far as I am concerned.

- The marketing and reporting on the brand suggest the owner is in it entirely for himself.
- The pricing suggests 'high end' but nothing in the technology validates it.
- The clubs are not available to be demoed or experienced (hell good luck even finding an online reseller)

If it's so good, prove it. If it's not, get real. I've got no problems with companies having limited release equipment that stretches the dollar big time, but there has to be a gap in there. Build something for the every day golfer as well, at a price you can actually justify. Otherwise the conversation will always move to the arrogance factor.

- The marketing and reporting on the brand suggest the owner is in it entirely for himself.
- The clubs are not available to be demoed or experienced (hell good luck even finding an online reseller)

If it's so good, prove it. If it's not, get real. I've got no problems with companies having limited release equipment that stretches the dollar big time, but there has to be a gap in there. Build something for the every day golfer as well, at a price you can actually justify. Otherwise the conversation will always move to the arrogance factor.
Does Kang count?

So you feel the same way towards XXIO? Other then Item 1 on your list they hit number 2 and 3.

I haven't hit the PXG's but I love the look and what they have put together.

I think the hate is possibly strong because it's not a brand that everyone has access too...but then again it's not aimed at everyone out there either.

I hope they continue to have success. In business, it's all about finding your niche and it seems they are doing a great job of that.

I love PXG. I like Bob Parsons. That dude went from running a business out of his garage to donating more to charity every year than I'll make in a lifetime. He did what I like to see veterans do: get back to work, and give back to society.

I think a lot of the hate is attached to him and his other business dealings, including GoDaddy, as well as the big game hunting controversies. That a guy who is worth what he's worth charges what he charges for golf equipment probably doesn't help matters, either.

I really don't have PXG. If people want to pay that much for a set of clubs have at it.

So you feel the same way towards XXIO? Other then Item 1 on your list they hit number 2 and 3.

XXIO is a part of the SRI umbrella. A part of the quote you responded to said "Build something for the every day golfer as well, at a price you can actually justify" which they have done with both Cleveland and Srixon.... and frankly, XXIO isn't afraid to have their equipment reviewed so it's hard to go apples to apples.

I really don't have PXG. If people want to pay that much for a set of clubs have at it.

A guy at my club has a set of the irons, he hits them better than his previous set.

I love PXG. I like Bob Parsons. That dude went from running a business out of his garage to donating more to charity every year than I'll make in a lifetime. He did what I like to see veterans do: get back to work, and give back to society.

So it's fine to fleece golfers, as long as he's being charitable elsewhere? (Glad to hear he's doing that though, I know nothing about him outside of some of these crazy articles/interviews I've read)

So it's fine to fleece golfers, as long as he's being charitable elsewhere? (Glad to hear he's doing that though, I know nothing about him outside of some of these crazy articles/interviews I've read)

Who is he fleecing? His target market has more then enough disposable income to justify the purchase. His braggadocio is part of his pitch to that market.

I have no issue with them. I really like how they look I've seen them in a few places and would love to hit them. The driver looks like a bomber.

I don't understand the "fleecing". He set a price that he felt was justified and apparently, those that bought them felt justified in paying. That's not fleecing, it's commerce.
Now, if I can't justify the cost (and I can't) then I should keep my credit card locked up or I might make a bad decision.

Who is he fleecing? His target market has more then enough disposable income to justify the purchase. His braggadocio is part of his pitch to that market.

Your word, not mine.

And if his goal is to only sell to overly wealthy golfers, then my thoughts are simply bolstered. No time for that nonsense especially when the clubs don't justify the price.

I am neither against them nor for them. I would not play them myself because I could not justify the price tag for myself, but if I was given a set to try not keep, I'd give them a swing and see if I like them.

Your word, not mine.

And if his goal is to only sell to overly wealthy golfers, then my thoughts are simply bolstered. No time for that nonsense especially when the clubs don't justify the price.

Bernie Sanders himself would be proud of you :)

What are you going to do if someone makes you buy them?

I don't understand the "fleecing". He set a price that he felt was justified and apparently, those that bought them felt justified in paying. That's not fleecing, it's commerce.
Now, if I can't justify the cost (and I can't) then I should keep my credit card locked up or I might make a bad decision.

We as consumers are not obligated to accept pricing "because he wanted to make them that price" and frankly I enjoy the idea of challenging it to be justified through tech or material.

Why do you think equipment is so balanced across the market right now (with the exception of crazy JDM nonsense)? The "fleecing" is to the ignorant people who don't know any better and assume at that price they have to be worth it big time.

Last time I checked, a transaction involves willing participation on the part of both the purveyor and consumer of a good or service. Caveat emptor.

I have two S-Works in the garage. I can articulate what was better than a regular bike - of the same vintage - about either. They were maybe double what a "regular" race bike was...NOT 12 TIMES what a regular bike is.... Nice set of irons for 1K...PXG? 12 K was what they wanted for the experience of getting a set of their clubs. No thanks, but if that works for you? Enjoy! :D

I don't hate them. The 80k weekend was off putting though.

BINGO :D

Back