Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

Wedge performed very well today. Very accurate and easy to hit.

So I took the wedge I won to my local shop to see if they could trade it out for a loft that works better for me. Owner wasn't there so they said they'd get back to me and when they did, offered me $50 in store credit for it. Sad thing is I was going to buy 2 more to get a whole set from them. Guess who will never spend another dime there?

That sucks. I did something similar to turn the 60* I won into a 58*. I had to pay a 10% stocking fee or something. $15 (or whatever it was) for a free to me anyway wedge was a no brainer.

I was fitted to the Cleveland - RTX3 54CB/58CB 2 dot wedges today. I'm keeping my current RTX2.0 60 degree for now. Had to spend on something else epic.:bulgy-eyes: I chipped in a 30 yrd shot. it was amazing how much spin I put on a half swing. One hop, popped up and slowly rolled in.

Nice golfever. Glad you like them.

I love these wedges. Can't wait to see if Cleveland can improve on these moving forward, cause right now that seems hard to do.

2723b84c11e22c1f928619243a81ad6b.jpg

Man those look mean paint stripped like that.

I just ordered a Satin 60 degree V-MG at the local pro shop. Will probably be here in a couple weeks.

I love these wedges. Can't wait to see if Cleveland can improve on these moving forward, cause right now that seems hard to do.

2723b84c11e22c1f928619243a81ad6b.jpg
Those are the raw I'm assuming? They look almost copper in pics I've seen and haven't seen them in person.

Those are the raw I'm assuming? They look almost copper in pics I've seen and haven't seen them in person.

Yes, they are the raw. They do have a bit of a copperish color to them.

I can't wait to have my new 52* bent to 49* and have my all white KBS tour shaft installed. Talk a bout a deadly combo. I'm also going to completely rust this club along with some stamping.

Love my new wedges, so accurate I feel like I am cheating

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's awesome and fun. Glad you are enjoying them.

That's awesome. I've been window shopping for wedges as my 54* will need to be replaced this year, and the CBs are high on my list.

Ponder on these still continue. I am thinking I want to go with 60 and 56 with the 3 dot since I play in mostly soft conditions. After looking at these the other day, I actually like the looks of the CB at address over the MB, which was a bit of a surprise.

That sucks. I did something similar to turn the 60* I won into a 58*. I had to pay a 10% stocking fee or something. $15 (or whatever it was) for a free to me anyway wedge was a no brainer.

Dick's didn't even make me pay a restock fee when I traded my 52* and 56* I won for a 54* and a 60*. Lucked out I guess...

I can't wait to have my new 52* bent to 49* and have my all white KBS tour shaft installed. Talk a bout a deadly combo. I'm also going to completely rust this club along with some stamping.

I'm diggin my 56 as well, any reason why you are bending the 52 to 49? Don't they have a 50 or a 48 option for a closer bend?

I'm diggin my 56 as well, any reason why you are bending the 52 to 49? Don't they have a 50 or a 48 option for a closer bend?

I'm going to see if I can get an even trade at Edwin watts. But I got such a good deal that I could not pass it up. If I can't trade then I bend to fill the gap in the bottom of the bag.

That's awesome. I've been window shopping for wedges as my 54* will need to be replaced this year, and the CBs are high on my list.
I went for the MB version, I was suprised how forgiving they are.

First day with them in play. I was not able to fully test them as I was practicing at a pitch and putt which was frozen over. The areas I found which had thawed out ,the wedge did not dig. Provided a good height,felt like it has loads of spin. I was able to control the distances very well. Looking forward to gaming this wedge this season,can see my short game improve from this

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Here's what my 52* & 56* V-MG Raw wedges look like after 12 rounds. Love it. Obviously using the 52* more often. Due to receive from Big Brown a 58* Raw today to fill out the wedge set. Before purchasing I hit the 3 different sole designs a number of times, settled on the V-MG style sole. I love them and really enjoy the results on the greens. I can now feel where on the face I hit the ball without looking, never sensed that before............or maybe it's just me thinking I feel where the hit was. :confused2:

1%2019%2017%20Wedges_zpsdmqlzjro.jpg

Last edited:
Some good pictures in here lately. How are people getting that much rust on them already? I have over 20 rounds with mine and no sign of rust just normal wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some good pictures in here lately. How are people getting that much rust on them already? I have over 20 rounds with mine and no sign of rust just normal wear.

Do you have the raw?

Do you have the raw?

Yeah. The copper colored finish is wearing off a good amount but it's just silver underneath.

Yeah. The copper colored finish is wearing off a good amount but it's just silver underneath.

Dip them in salt water.

Back