Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

Think I'm going to do some type of red white and blue paint fill on my tour raw set. Should look sweet with the KBS tour white shafts.

I apologize in advance for stealing your paint fill when I get my wedge :drinks:
Were all here to spread ideas!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

4e1e150e73255a2d07c8f4b41c2063be.jpg

The CB looks great with the Apex, with the black insert, like they were made for each other...that's a great looking setup...

So I'm contemplating getting the Rotex 2.0 right now as they can be had for $100 customized (meaning length, lie, shaft flex) from Cleveland's website right now. Is the Rotex 3.0 worth waiting for and the extra money over the Rotex 2.0?

So I'm contemplating getting the Rotex 2.0 right now as they can be had for $100 customized (meaning length, lie, shaft flex) from Cleveland's website right now. Is the Rotex 3.0 worth waiting for and the extra money over the Rotex 2.0?

I had the 2.0's and the 3's are that much better. Worth the extra money for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really really really different wedges.
Different weight due to hosel. Different sole design completely. Different feel, sound, etc.
This was differently not an evolution of a design, but a complete rebuild.

I have both. Personally I am liking the 3's better. But the 2.0 was a fantastic wedge. The sole and the weighting of the new ones seem to fit me slightly better. The black finish on these is definitely more durable too, if that's any concern.

Different weight due to hosel. Different sole design completely. Different feel, sound, etc.

This. This. This.

Prime example of a revolution and not an evolution, and they absolutely nailed it. The 2.0's are great wedges, these are just so so different, in a good way.

Question for you JB you mentioned a few posts back that you're considering going 50/56/60. Have you had time playing with that 50-56 gap and How has it worked for you.?

I hit the 2.0 good clubs do not get me wrong. But the tech and feel and playability behind this one is worth the extra money I think. You will not regret it

I'm taking mine out on their maiden voyage today. I can't lie...I'm a bit excited about seeing how they work out!

I'm taking mine out on their maiden voyage today. I can't lie...I'm a bit excited about seeing how they work out!

Amazing is what it will be!!!!!!

The New Phone Book's Here! The New Phone Book's Here!

My wedges finally arrived today. Hopefully I can get them on the range tonight.

Bonus points for anyone who actually got my movie reference.

Classic Steve Martin.

Took a 45 minute drive up to the PGA superstore. spent some time with these. And I'm glad I did. Was Going to order the completely wrong set of wedges.

Took a 45 minute drive up to the PGA superstore. spent some time with these. And I'm glad I did. Was Going to order the completely wrong set of wedges.

What did you decide on, X?

Awesome news!

I knew you were going to love these. That sole is perfect for your game and where we play.

Are these showing up in stores now? I really should get an order in, since it seems they're being delivered...

Are these showing up in stores now? I really should get an order in, since it seems they're being delivered...

They are beginning to, during the THP Event, Eli stated that they would be starting to hit stores this week.

They are beginning to, during the THP Event, Eli stated that they would be starting to hit stores this week.

Awesome. Ill be on the lookout.

I knew you were going to love these. That sole is perfect for your game and where we play.

Heck yeah it was. The feel though!!! The best way I can describe it is nice and dense. I picked up an SM6 immediately afterward and it was like night and day difference. Not saying the SM6 didnt feel good as they were "soft" but the RTX-3 just felt solid!

I went in thinking to go CB all the way through but was pleasantly surprised at the MB's. For some reason was making much better contact with the MB's! I think I need to figure out now is the grind. I'm thinking going MGas it'll probably be more versatile if I do decide to square up the face or open up the face. Where as, the FG I probably have to play straight up and would probably have a little bit difficult time opening up that high bounce. maybe not, but not sure

56-CB-FG

4e41a8b8707fd91b82552ca19f876577.jpg

56-MB-FG

d187d7e8ce4f1fb18c8cb11d68c431ea.jpg

They had just put them out on the floor I believe yesterday so no one really has hit them yet because I don't think too many people know they're there yet. So I was able to really tell where I was making an impact on the face as I was the first to try the wedges in store.

Thats a solid description and one I can get down with. They do feel very dense with a muted sound at impact that gives you that "solid" thought.

Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

What did you decide on, X?

I'm definitely gonna go MB but just need to figure out now which grind option to go with. leaning towards MG but the FG was good too.

Also I played around with the 54 and 56° to see which way I wanted to go on that and was maxing out at about 114 yards or so with what I feel comfortable on the 54 and Was about 108 yards with a 56°

One thing that I need to note was the dispersion on them was just silly!!! They were like one on top of the other, on top of the other. Tight!!

I agree with the "dense" description as well. Just a very nice solid feel to them.

Back