OnCore ELIXR Golf Ball

So, I'm on a golf ball journey once again to see what sticks in my bag for 2018, I have loaded up on my beloved 330-S, adore the V1x, and am currently trying out Snell MTB again. With that, these and Vice popped into my head the other day, considering taking a flier on 3dz to try out. Anyone still playing these?

Not currently as I ran out, but the gf said she’s getting me 3dz for Christmas, I loved the golf ball when I used it up in buffalo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got these in hand yesterday, going to be pretty cold today, but the plan is to still get them out for a bit.

Packaging is top freaking shelf, that seriously took me aback. But, the logo (though they DID thin up the text a bit since I tested the metal core ball for THP) still is a bit large to me, honestly, I think the squared in number is what makes it so wonky.

Well, color me surprised.

Great feel, GREAT spin off the wedges, no notable distance difference, but really felt like with my irons abd wedges they had some really surprising accuracy, misses didn't seem to stray as much right or left.

Excited to get 18 in with them tomorrow.

So, I actually REALLY like what I'm seeing out of this golf ball.

So, I actually REALLY like what I'm seeing out of this golf ball.
Have you noticed any discernable performance benefit from the perimeter weighting?

Have you noticed any discernable performance benefit from the perimeter weighting?

I need to get them on the monitor next to some other brands, but visually I feel like I can see a difference in iron-play more than anywhere else. Shaping ability is still there, but the ball wants to stay on line more than I noticed personally with my V1x or 330S.

I need to get them on the monitor next to some other brands, but visually I feel like I can see a difference in iron-play more than anywhere else. Shaping ability is still there, but the ball wants to stay on line more than I noticed personally with my V1x or 330S.

Interesting that you are seeing them hold the line better. Having played the 3 balls you listed here I didn't see anything visually noticeable between them. For me the 330s was shorter...just a bad fit for my swing. What noticed was slightly better performance getting thru the wind over 1x and 330s and pretty much the same as the v1. Outside of the wind performance the elixir for me was right on par with the v1 in all aspects. The one thing I enjoyed was the sound/feel of the elixir and it kinda reminded me of the 330rx and rxs...which have been two of my favorite models.

Interesting that you are seeing them hold the line better. Having played the 3 balls you listed here I didn't see anything visually noticeable between them. For me the 330s was shorter...just a bad fit for my swing. What noticed was slightly better performance getting thru the wind over 1x and 330s and pretty much the same as the v1. Outside of the wind performance the elixir for me was right on par with the v1 in all aspects. The one thing I enjoyed was the sound/feel of the elixir and it kinda reminded me of the 330rx and rxs...which have been two of my favorite models.

Not surprised on the wind performance as these launch lower than both the V1x and the 330S, they do also spin less into greens though. Agree on the sound/feel, very much like a lower compression ball, but with the higher compression performance I need.

Not surprised on the wind performance as these launch lower than both the V1x and the 330S, they do also spin less into greens though. Agree on the sound/feel, very much like a lower compression ball, but with the higher compression performance I need.

Agree on the lower launch...I don’t have any LM numbers to compare but from what I see in ball flight and peak height the lower launch is there. Initially I had only had the chance to play a sleeve thanks to mooseja giving them to me when we played earlier in the year. My swing was a little wonky when I finally put them in play but what I saw had me wanting to give them more of a go. Thankfully I have a wegmans (wny local grocery chain that has been expanding) carries them and had them for $24.99/dz if you have their members card. That was a no brainer. Put them in play for several rounds on courses I was familiar with and they were in spots I hadn’t seen with the 1x which had been my gamer for a bit as I work thru several dz of them and the v1.

I am curious to see what numbers you get on the gc2 against the other brands

Agree on the lower launch...I don’t have any LM numbers to compare but from what I see in ball flight and peak height the lower launch is there. Initially I had only had the chance to play a sleeve thanks to mooseja giving them to me when we played earlier in the year. My swing was a little wonky when I finally put them in play but what I saw had me wanting to give them more of a go. Thankfully I have a wegmans (wny local grocery chain that has been expanding) carries them and had them for $24.99/dz if you have their members card. That was a no brainer. Put them in play for several rounds on courses I was familiar with and they were in spots I hadn’t seen with the 1x which had been my gamer for a bit as I work thru several dz of them and the v1.

I am curious to see what numbers you get on the gc2 against the other brands

Yessir, I'm hoping that the weather cooperates over the break and I can get out and get some data on an open course!

Played this one for 54 holes today, all 54 holes. Some tough treading for it at times, but I'm super impressed with it off the irons and wedges. Not as much action as I like, but just really accurate.

4e815f6e4ffe7fb68edb601f9d763776.jpg

I gamed an Elixr today (thanks greg19) and was quite pleased with the performance from tee to green. It is a very, very good ball, but I found the graphics to be a bit much. Performance wise though I had no complaints and it was quite durable as well! I don't know if I'd game them full time, but I'll see how I feel after some more time with them.

This is a really damn good ball. I'm seriously pretty shocked by it. It was to the point today with myself and my #1 bag we are thinking about going with them this season. Two of the 6a schools in OK are making the move to the ELIXR this year, so it makes I even more intriguing.

This is a really damn good ball. I'm seriously pretty shocked by it. It was to the point today with myself and my #1 bag we are thinking about going with them this season. Two of the 6a schools in OK are making the move to the ELIXR this year, so it makes I even more intriguing.

This intrigues me but the lower launch and less spin have me confused

That is very cool. I hope they take care of you and your team. I'm 5 minutes from the home office if you ever need me to stop in on your behalf :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This intrigues me but the lower launch and less spin have me confused
I can tell you, I'm not seeing lower launch from my 1x or 330s, also, the spin is just as lethal as those for me into greens, but, off the tee it's lower spinning (just about 100rpm) for me on my Foresight GC2.

OnCore ELIXR Golf Ball

It should be a bit lower spin than those as it’s compression is in the 80s and they are not using some of the newer mantle tech to use firm but still lower spinning. Instead using a perimeter weighted model. The goal they say is with weight shifting outside, it sheds backspin. While we have not seen that compared to others in its class, it’s a story and some enjoy them.

I would have honestly expected more spin loss than 100 vs higher spinning golf balls, and believe that softer swingers will see a bigger gap there.

It should be a bit lower spin than those as it’s compression is in the 80s and they are not using some of the newer mantle tech to use firm but still lower spinning. Instead using a perimeter weighted model. The goal they say is with weight shifting outside, it sheds backspin. While we have not seen that compared to others in its class, it’s a story and some enjoy them.

I would have honestly expected more spin loss than 100 vs higher spinning golf balls, and believe that softer swingers will see a bigger gap there.
They very well might, wouldn't surprise me, that said myself (110) and my #1 (104) saw the same range of difference, and the shots into greens were hit with full 50*'s for whatever that's worth.

I'm seriously pleasantly surprised by this golf ball. It's damn good.

I'll have to get some of my slower swinging kiddos out there on the clubs LM at some point and see if there is a notable difference.

I can tell you, I'm not seeing lower launch from my 1x or 330s, also, the spin is just as lethal as those for me into greens, but, off the tee it's lower spinning (just about 100rpm) for me on my Foresight GC2.

No LM here to verify but visually I would agree with you. I may see a slightly lower peak height but some of that could be the swings I had those days but even so it’s not a big difference. I grabbed a dozen for $24.99 at the local grocery store wegmans which is also another wny brand

I'll have to get some of my slower swinging kiddos out there on the clubs LM at some point and see if there is a notable difference.
Just send them to me. I'm old & swing slow. :D

Did you happen to hear anything from your friends? I would be curious to hear. I am not the best or most consistent golfer out there but I do have a mid-90's swing speed so wanted to share my experience.

I bought a sleeve off their site (fitting recommended Elixr) and played 9 holes with them. I don't play the Pro V1's so hard to compare against them but against my standard gamer(s), Vice Pro Soft and Srixon QST this has about as much if not more spin. Most of my full wedge shots were stopping within a foot or two of where they landed. The only ball I have ever played where I have actually got to spin back on the greens has been the Chromesoft Truvis, This didnt spin quite as much but held the greens very well.

Loved it off the driver. I did not notice less launch compared to my gamers but I will say that the shots overall just seemed to hold the line better. Now, I dont try to shape the ball and just try to hit them straight anyway. Plus I have got my swing groove back over the last few weeks so maybe that was something to do with it but it is hard to argue with the performance I got with it over the 9 holes I played.

Like a few others have said though, I am not sure why I would pay more for this ball when I can get similar performance from the Vice Pro Soft, Cut Grey/Blue, Snell MTB's, etc. at a cheaper cost. Even the Srixon QST seems to almost always have a promotion which makes it a cheaper option than the Oncore Elixir.

Overall, I think it is a very good ball with the caveat that there maybe cheaper options available which offer similar performance.

Many months ago, I "bought" a sleeve of the ELIXR (just paid shipping) from OnCore, just to give them a try. The balls were great, and I was very surprised how much I liked them. Maybe more surprising was the durability of the urethane cover. I played those three balls (off and on) for several months, until I finally lost the last one a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, I was excited to see that you can find them on Amazon for $29.99/doz (MRSP is $40), w/ Prime shipping and no tax. That is a smoking deal for a great ball. I don't need any balls right now, but I have a dozen on their way to my house anyway. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Oncore-ELIXR...8&qid=1526058195&sr=8-3&keywords=oncore+elixr

Man, OnCore is REALLY going after High School programs here in OK, offering some very good and competitive prices. And, a lot of the big programs here have made the switch.

Man, OnCore is REALLY going after High School programs here in OK, offering some very good and competitive prices. And, a lot of the big programs here have made the switch.

Go with it. Really, really good ball that should perform just fine

Back