UST Mamiya Elements Gold Shaft

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
http://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/brands/elements/elements-gold-wood/
[h=3]ELEMENTS GOLD IS DESIGNED WITH PREMIUM MATERIALS FOR AGGRESSIVE GOLFERS LOOKING FOR ULTRA-LOW SPIN.[/h][h=5]BLENDED MODULUS CARBON FIBER[/h]Elements Gold is a blend of high and intermediate modulus carbon fiber to give golfers the stability needed in the hands and provide a firmer tip section for tour launch conditions.
[h=5]IMPROVED STIFFNESS PROFILE[/h]We are able to increase stiffness without sacrificing feel for aggressive swingers. In addition to using super high modulus material, we added more carbon fiber in key areas for additional stability and improved shot dispersion.
[h=5]ION PLATING (IP) CREATES A STUNNING AND PREMIUM FINISH VS. TRADITIONAL PAINT[/h]The raw shaft is put into a vacuum chamber where metal ions are emitted and bond to the shaft.
The process takes extra time and is more expensive than traditional methods.
This extra step is all done in-house, so we are able to ensure tighter control for the best quality.
DescriptionFlexWeightTorqueLaunchButt ODTip ODTip ParallelLength
Elements Gold 6F3R67g
5.0°Mid-low0.600"0.335"3.0"46"
Elements Gold 6F4S 67g4.8° Mid-low0.600"0.335"3.0"46"
Elements Gold 6F5X 67g3.8°Low0.600"0.335"3.0"46"
Elements Gold 7F3R76g4.1°Low0.600"0.335"3.0"46"
Elements Gold 7F4S76g4.1°Low0.600"0.335"3.0"46"
Elements Gold 7F5X76g3.3°Low0.600"0.335"3.0"46"
Elements Gold 8F4S86g3.8° Low0.600"0.335"3.0"46"
Elements Gold 8F5X87g3.0° Low0.600"0.335"3.0"46"
elements-gold-wood_1600x550.jpg

Who uses one?

What do you like most about it?

As an aggressive swinger, I'm very intrigued by it!

Iirc this is the first shaft Danny had me hit last year with the m2 driver. Very smooth and stable and I was hitting some high piercing baby fades with it. Then Danny had me hit the helium and had very similar ball flight characteristics to the eye and from what Danny was seeing on trackman the numbers were better all around with improved dispersion.

For the gold it was a better feel than the hzrdus yellow and worked well with my slightly aggressive transition. I could have easily played this shaft. Having warned up with the attas 6star before hitting this the golf felt a little softer and had a higher peak height

I would like to give it a try. I used to steer far away from anything that stated mid-low of low launch but the last 2 shafts I have used exiensively both featured those launch characteristics so I am now much more open minded.

UST Mamiya Elements Gold Shaft

I’ve been gaming this in the F6+ followed by the F7+.

It’s definitely a very stable shaft that offers little in the form of side to side movement. Only time it goes off center is during a dead push or pull.

Definitely a lower trajectory by design but can elevate easily with adding loft. I’m not a feel player so can’t touch that aspect.

FWIW, when trying to find a similar shaft for the F8, I went with HZRDUS black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s definitely a very stable shaft that offers little in the form of side to side movement. Only time it goes off center is during a dead push or pull.

Definitely a lower trajectory by design but can elevate easily with adding loft. I’m not a feel player so can’t touch that aspect.

Going completely opposite direction in feel on those two shafts. Hzrdus Black was designer with no care for feel and was all based on performance forcthe tour guys who then needed some help with the new head designs so came the hzrdus red. The golf shaft is built to provide the low spin quality and stiffness while not sacrificing feel. In my experience they feel and perform completely different too. Black felt like swinging a telephone pole and was definitely giving low launch and low spin. Good was lower on the spin side and while Danny didn’t give me numbers the ball flight was in the mid launch and again spin was in the low end but with a higher peak height.

Love this shaft. Danny fit me for it with the M2 head. Very smooth and let's me get after it without turning over too much. I currently game an AD DI and it's equally as smooth.

I pulled out the Gold the other day at the range and was hitting some bombs (for me). It's higher launch than I remembered so for those worried it'll be too low launch, don't write the Gold off completely. Well worth a look.

Who uses one?

What do you like most about it?

As an aggressive swinger, I'm very intrigued by it!

I’m using it in my Wilson C300 Driver. I’m most certainly a very aggressive swinger and I was seeing some very low spin numbers on the Quad during the ShaftUp Finale. Like under 2k. It’s legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m using it in my Wilson C300 Driver. I’m most certainly a very aggressive swinger and I was seeing some very low spin numbers on the Quad during the ShaftUp Finale. Like under 2k. It’s legit.

Are you both still gaming, do you still like it? Pros/Cons?

Are you both still gaming, do you still like it? Pros/Cons?

I gave my C300 head to another THPer for him to try. I’m going to put a Callaway tip on my Elements Gold shaft and see how it works vs the Elements Chrome.

Putting this in an Epic tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it out to the course this weekend as long as the weather cooperates.

Love it in my 5 wood!

Putting this in an Epic tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it out to the course this weekend as long as the weather cooperates.

Did you get a chance to try it out?

Played 18 with the shaft today and I learned 2 things:

1: This shaft is awesome
2: I will never try an X stiff shaft again

Really struggled with the X stiff shaft last weekend while experimenting. Swapped the Elements Gold in during the week and brought it to the course today and the results were immediate. WAY more consistent. The misses stayed in play and were not common. The ball had a nice penetrating flight. I love the look of the shaft and the performance was exactly what I was hoping for. Very happy to have this in the club and I can't wait till the course dries out some. With the lower launch my ball should get a good bit of extra roll out.

Nabbed an 8 pull for 60.00 and it'll be going heavenwood. Goodbye HZRDUS.

Anyone compare the Gold to the Platinum?

Nabbed an 8 pull for 60.00 and it'll be going heavenwood. Goodbye HZRDUS.

Nice! Have you tried the Gold before?

Looked at the 8, bought the 7, whoooooppppsssssssssss....

That said, I've been slow playing installing it into the HW to replace the HZRDUS, but, tonight I think its time.

7F5 has been in the Rogue HW for 5 rounds now. So good. So long. So badass looking.

I gave my C300 head to another THPer for him to try. I’m going to put a Callaway tip on my Elements Gold shaft and see how it works vs the Elements Chrome.

This finally happened and here are some initial thoughts after some tinkering on the range.

On days I’ve got a good swing, I like the Chrome more. On days with a poor swing the Gold seems to work better. None has been tested on the course but simply the range at this point.

Feel wise, I can feel the load better in my Chrome. Ball contact wise, I think I’m digging the Gold better.

Overall this far, I’m sticking with the Chrome during play but I need to give the Gold a whirl on the course soon.

Pondering nabbing one of these for the Rogue 3w SZ...hmm....got Gold on the mind.

Put this back in the driver yesterday and was hitting absolute bombs. Tried the V2 but I get so much more consistency out of the elements.

Another week gone by and I'm so happy to have this combo back. It will be in my driver for a long time.

I'm still gaming this in my Cobra F7 3W and it's just been a game changer. I had an ugly topped ball off the tee with my driver that barely rolled past the next tees. I pulled out my 3W and went after it and it the straightest 260yd shot I've ever had. I couldn't believe the distant and yes it was out of a flier lie but it was just so good. Wow. It landed 25yds off the green and I had a wedge in. Soooooo stable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back