If you need a 4th let me know, I like early golf

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah for sure... tee time is booked for 730 am just a matter of calling LBV course and seeing if you can join up.
Yeah for sure... tee time is booked for 730 am just a matter of calling LBV course and seeing if you can join up. I just checked the tee sheet for that day, there are 2 spots available as of now.

Yeah for sure... tee time is booked for 730 am just a matter of calling LBV course and seeing if you can join up. I just checked the tee sheet for that day, there are 2 spots available as of now.

I just booked myself for 7:30 am at LBV also.

So I am on the same page the 21st is a Wed. I have been out all day in Orlando setting up a convention right near there and as always got confused as the dates have been changing around.

Planning a trip to Orlando for November 4th to 10th with the family. I’m going to sneak out atleast one morning for a round. My hotel has a partnership with Grand Cypress so I’m thinking that will be the spot unless I can get on Bay Hill somehow. What is the best 18 to play at Cypress?

So I am on the same page the 21st is a Wed. I have been out all day in Orlando setting up a convention right near there and as always got confused as the dates have been changing around.

Okay great !! See you there then for a THP orphan round of golf!!

Welp, just looked at this course on google maps. Lots of water. Looks like I'll be playing cheaper balls. My Wisconsin swing won't be in great form.

Welp, just looked at this course on google maps. Lots of water. Looks like I'll be playing cheaper balls. My Wisconsin swing won't be in great form.
Hey Im in Canada I hear ya ... my swing will need to thawout as well I got a box of ProV1 for xmas...easy come easy go...it will be fun at the very least.

Orlando

Orlando

We start the long drive south tomorrow night. Anyone else want to golf March 18-23 in orlando area.

We start the long drive south tomorrow night. Anyone else want to golf March 18-23 in orlando area.

i'm still not sure if i can make it happen. i want to in a bad way.

I am still a maybe, might have to go out of the country next week. I will know more by late Tuesday

Sounds good, let me know.

my son said he wanted to play tomorrow. he’s only 7 so i wouldn’t subject you to that. sorry it didn’t work out. have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great day with ezellmer at LBV
9cb1677569e252f68046a181b20b81b1.jpg

golf

golf

Indeed it was a good and fast paced round. Swing didn't feel too awful for having been in hibernation since November. Early returns on the F8+ are positive also.

Hey guys, we have an open spot tomorrow at Las Colinas in Mission Inn if anyone is interested. Tee times are 12:28 and 12:36.

Golf with THPers is always fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning a trip to Kissimmee for the end of April/beginning of May. I've been looking through Orlando threads and have come up with this list. If you had to pick a combination of two off the list, what would they be? I'm thinking $150 bucks total, give or take. That could be two rounds at $75 or one at about $55 and one at about $105 (Waldorf maybe). If you think I left off a course that should certainly be on the list, let me know.

* Waldorf Astoria
* Grand Cypress
* Celebration
* Falcon's Fire
* Hawk's Landing

my opinions in bold

* Waldorf Astoria overrated and overpriced
* Grand Cypress tons of fun, definitely worth a trip
* Celebration fun and usually in good shape. a little overpriced
* Falcon's Fire fun and can be had for a good value
* Hawk's Landing avoid

some others to consider:
* harmony golf preserve. really fun if it's in good shape. problem is they'll lie to you about conditioning so there's no way to know until you get there.
* royal st cloud. it was in terrible shape when i went and i wrote it off. but a couple other thp'ers went there and loved it so might have recovered.
* eagle creek. when it's in good shape it's a ton of fun. but the hurricane hit this course (and its cash reserves) hard, so not sure what it's like now.
* tranquilo golf club. beautiful, challenging, and usually in stellar shape. but expensive.

my opinions in bold

* Hawk's Landing avoid

some others to consider:
* harmony golf preserve. really fun if it's in good shape. problem is they'll lie to you about conditioning so there's no way to know until you get there.
* royal st cloud. it was in terrible shape when i went and i wrote it off. but a couple other thp'ers went there and loved it so might have recovered.
* eagle creek. when it's in good shape it's a ton of fun. but the hurricane hit this course (and its cash reserves) hard, so not sure what it's like now.
* tranquilo golf club. beautiful, challenging, and usually in stellar shape. but expensive.

Thanks CA! It seems as though Tranquilo is top notch but might be private now. Maybe from your picks I would go with Grand Cypress and Celebration. Although I read somewhere that Grand Cypress New has greens with double holes which I'm not a huge fan of. Will you be around that week?

Last edited:
Thanks CA! It seems as though Tranquilo is top notch but might be private now. Maybe from your picks I would go with Grand Cypress and Celebration. Although I read somewhere that Grand Cypress New has greens with double holes which I'm not a huge fan of. Will you be around that week?

i'll be damned, that's news to me about tranquilo. that must be pretty new. i played there last year. over the summer they'll run rates in the $30s, which is stupid cheap for a course that is so beautiful.

i believe grand cypress has 1, maybe 2 holes that share greens. the greens are HUGE, so it's really not an issue.

i'll be here end of april / early may. would love to get in a round with you. gotta keep prep'ing for the morgan cup!

my opinions in bold

* Hawk's Landing avoid

some others to consider:
Hawks Landing.
Im planing a round there at the end of May. Whay should I Avoid that place?
I am also booked into Grand Cypress for a round.

Hawks Landing.
Im planing a round there at the end of May. Whay should I Avoid that place?
I am also booked into Grand Cypress for a round.

i was very disappointed. the practice facility was an after thought. the staff were rude. the conditions were very poor. and yet it was still pretty expensive given its location. much more interesting courses for better value.

i was very disappointed. the practice facility was an after thought. the staff were rude. the conditions were very poor. and yet it was still pretty expensive given its location. much more interesting courses for better value.
I will keep this in mind thanks!

Back