DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...before we started they went over the rules, they said women and seniors hit from the forward tees, so on that hole, I moved up after encouragement from the team to take advantage of my age, and hit one 290. The forward tee was 50-60 yards in front of the white tees...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woah....very suspect.... Neee to put an asterisk next to this win.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Be careful out there this morning on the roads. Lots of flooding, and it will continue throughout the morning.

1b5723ebb90ae75335916030ec59180d.jpg

Almost got hit by Tones Romes yesterday.

Jun 7th and 8th. Looks like I'll be in the area. Anyone wanna play the afternoon of the 7th or morning of the 8th?

Hello... anyone?

I will be in Alabama that weekend....

Played Tierre Verde Saturday. Beautiful course and was in perfect condition, but way over priced in my opinion. I would much rather play Rockwood for half the price.

Anyone up for a round on Friday?

Anyone planning on playing Sunday a.m.?

... no response on that last one. I'll try again. Anyone playing Saturday or Sunday this weekend?

It's that time of year if I don't play at 6 am I don't play period. Just too dang hot.

It's that time of year if I don't play at 6 am I don't play period. Just too dang hot.
Late in the day is actually really nice right now. Like 6ish.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Late in the day is actually really nice right now. Like 6ish.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I usually try to start here around 4. The city course wont give a Jr rate until 1 anyway. I'm not stupid enough to start at 1 so I wait until 4 so at least the back nine will be cooling off.

that cold front was nice this week.
Very. My boy and I started at 0715 on Tuesday and it was ~60°. Topped out at maybe 80° near the end of the round.

Last edited:
Getting real tired of the way the greens are being maintained at Westridge, guys! Every week they are punching some of the greens and not putting enough sand on them for them to roll smoothly. Instead, it is like you are putting on a waffle iron. Those that aren't just punched have been verticut, sanded lightly and either a green liquid or granular fertilizer has been spread on them. Either the greens are diseased or someone doesn't know what they are doing. The two temporary greens they have, 1 and 8, though slow, roll better than any of the regular greens! In almost 30 years of playing golf in the DFW area, on all manor of public, municipal, privately owned daily fee, private courses and having belonged to a couple of country clubs, playing on everything from Bent, to pure Bermuda to these newer strains of Bermuda like Tifeagle, etc. I have never seen greens maintained like these guys are doing!

Getting real tired of the way the greens are being maintained at Westridge, guys! Every week they are punching some of the greens and not putting enough sand on them for them to roll smoothly. Instead, it is like you are putting on a waffle iron. Those that aren't just punched have been verticut, sanded lightly and either a green liquid or granular fertilizer has been spread on them. Either the greens are diseased or someone doesn't know what they are doing. The two temporary greens they have, 1 and 8, though slow, roll better than any of the regular greens! In almost 30 years of playing golf in the DFW area, on all manor of public, municipal, privately owned daily fee, private courses and having belonged to a couple of country clubs, playing on everything from Bent, to pure Bermuda to these newer strains of Bermuda like Tifeagle, etc. I have never seen greens maintained like these guys are doing!
That would definitely get old quickly.

Whitestone GC in Benbrook is in amazing shape!

For the last 2-3 years I would always avoid this course because the conditions were terrible, but they have definitely dumped some money into and the place and it rivals some of the higher end public courses right now.

There are about 3-4 bunkers on the back 9 that need work, but I'm willing to overlook them based on the rest of the course AND the clubhouse willingly admitting they need work and are focusing on them now.

Price is $35ish during the week and about $50 on the weekend, so in line with other public courses....but I give the nod to Whitestone for layout and conditions right now.

One note of caution, particularly for hole 10...if your ball goes in the weeds, don't go look for it. Saw 3 of the biggest snakes I've seen in Texas just off the fairway on this hole!

Whitestone GC in Benbrook is in amazing shape!

For the last 2-3 years I would always avoid this course because the conditions were terrible, but they have definitely dumped some money into and the place and it rivals some of the higher end public courses right now.

There are about 3-4 bunkers on the back 9 that need work, but I'm willing to overlook them based on the rest of the course AND the clubhouse willingly admitting they need work and are focusing on them now.

Price is $35ish during the week and about $50 on the weekend, so in line with other public courses....but I give the nod to Whitestone for layout and conditions right now.

One note of caution, particularly for hole 10...if your ball goes in the weeds, don't go look for it. Saw 3 of the biggest snakes I've seen in Texas just off the fairway on this hole!

I played a few years ago and the conditions were so bad I swore the course off. Multiple friends told me it was looking great so I played earlier this year and it was in the best shape I've seen. There problem has always been not watering the freaking course and I guess all the rain we had earlier this year is what the course needed. Bunkers suck but that doesn't really bother me. Most affordable courses around here have trash bunkers and it's just so expensive to tear em up and do it right. Fun little layout for a good price, but I would still prefer to drive just a bit further west and hit up Canyon West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back