DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get there. Went once but it was raining so decided not to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rockwood was nice the one time I played it. I'd be interested in playing it again if I can make the dates work for a trip down that way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tour 18 is hit and miss, you can play it one month and it’s fine then the next month you would not want to go back.

How so? Greens? Tees? Fairways? All around?

Rockwood was nice the one time I played it. I'd be interested in playing it again if I can make the dates work for a trip down that way.

I’m sure I can talk @nate to come out.

I’m sure I can talk @nate to come out.
Might be able to make it down for a Sunday or Monday round on Memorial Day or Independence Day. Three day weekends are much easier to make it down there. Saturday mornings are difficult since I work evenings and don't get off until 2300.

How so? Greens? Tees? Fairways? All around?

Their greens have problems more than any other course I play around here. And it’s been that way for years. Pretty said as I like the course but rarely play it because of that.

Their greens have problems more than any other course I play around here. And it’s been that way for years. Pretty said as I like the course but rarely play it because of that.

Sounds like maybe they need to hire a new greens keeper.

I played I think a year and a half ago and the greens were rolled mud. Zero grass. Yesterday they were better but still horrible for what they charge. Most greens were completely covered with weeds and some had huge patches of no grass.

Yep, it's a shame too. I live a few miles away and rarely play it because it's usually in bad shape. I usually only go out there when someone is in from out of town or new to the area. People like to play it for the novelty factor, especially Amen Corner. But the course conditions range from poor to mediocree.

Leonards Golf Links in Fort Worth will have their Spring Demo this Saturday. Looks like most of the major club makers will be out there with clubs to demo. Saturday the 20th 10 to 2.

Headed up to Dallas in a month or so for a conference. What are some good courses either public or ClubCorp somewhat close to downtown. Just joined so seemed like a lot to go through 1100+ pages.

Live in Waco so familiar with DFW just not so much the golf. Just getting back into trying to golf more consistently after a decade of school. Ordered some new irons and plan to make more of an effort to play some new courses when I get out of town.

Headed up to Dallas in a month or so for a conference. What are some good courses either public or ClubCorp somewhat close to downtown. Just joined so seemed like a lot to go through 1100+ pages.

Live in Waco so familiar with DFW just not so much the golf. Just getting back into trying to golf more consistently after a decade of school. Ordered some new irons and plan to make more of an effort to play some new courses when I get out of town.

Las Colinas is a nice course. Hosted a LPGA event for some years before it moved last year. The 18th hole is booger.

Do you do the clubcorp travel program? Any specific area or anything inner loop?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you want to stay downtown, I would recommend Brook Hollow (ClubCorp) or Stevens Park (public).

Got out and played Sky Creek Ranch today. Played ok in the wind. Course is in good shape.

We belong to Westridge and definitely want to get out to Sky Creek Ranch one of these days! Good to hear the course is good shape!

havent played at bear creek (east) in prob 15 years. was able to play yesterday before the rain. course was in good shape.

Play in a tournament at the Tribute yesterday, won the long drive hole

You picked a great day to play! How was the course? Place seems to drain well, but there are some spota that are always swampy....

Phil hitting long drives, some things never change! Lol

Phil hitting long drives, some things never change! Lol

lol...before we started they went over the rules, they said women and seniors hit from the forward tees, so on that hole, I moved up after encouragement from the team to take advantage of my age, and hit one 290. The forward tee was 50-60 yards in front of the white tees...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back