Calling all Carolinians

I went to Stono Ferry today for a little lunch time practice and man it's in great shape, the putting green was just beautiful and speedy. The range grass was short and the ground firm, it was spectacular. Any of you guys itching to get out there in the next couple weeks?
I have to check my schedule but I might be in for a round soon

I might be available during the week to play Lonnie poole with you guys

Anyone interested in playing this Sunday in the Wilmington area?

I wish I could get up there Sunday dude, I have some other stuff going on but lets definitely hook up in the next few weeks up there. Maybe we can meet in Myrtle or ocean isle.

I wish I could get up there Sunday dude, I have some other stuff going on but lets definitely hook up in the next few weeks up there. Maybe we can meet in Myrtle or ocean isle.

No worries. I should be able to do that. Myrtle is an easy drive.

Have any of you guys played Carolina National or Masonboro CC?

My brother in law and I played it last August, we are high 80's, low 90's golfers, but we enjoyed it. Very nice course.

If you are looking for a challenge, Masonboro is probably the most difficult course in the area (at least for my game). There OOB left and right just off the fairway on every hole with tons of water on a tight layout. I've had some fun rounds there and some rounds where I was super frustrated. Course knowledge there is key in terms of knowing how far you need to hit it off the tee to avoid hitting through the fairway or into trouble you can't see off the tee. The course is always in good shape and usually not too busy.

Carolina National is a solid track with some nice views. It's easier than Masonboro with more generous landing areas and wider fairways for the most part. It's in south Brunswick county so I haven't played it but a few times.

If you are looking for a challenge, Masonboro is probably the most difficult course in the area (at least for my game). There OOB left and right just off the fairway on every hole with tons of water on a tight layout. I've had some fun rounds there and some rounds where I was super frustrated. Course knowledge there is key in terms of knowing how far you need to hit it off the tee to avoid hitting through the fairway or into trouble you can't see off the tee. The course is always in good shape and usually not too busy.

Carolina National is a solid track with some nice views. It's easier than Masonboro with more generous landing areas and wider fairways for the most part. It's in south Brunswick county so I haven't played it but a few times.
Masonboro is hard hard one of the hardest courses I have ever played

Where is the masonboro course at?

In Wilmington, almost down to Carolina
Beach.

One of the hardest I've played too. I need to do a review on it.

We should try to play it in the next couple weeks, lol it may be just what I need.

In Wilmington, almost down to Carolina
Beach.

One of the hardest I've played too. I need to do a review on it.

We should try to play it in the next couple weeks, lol it may be just what I need.

This would be a fun twosome to hook up with! Why don't you young bucks come on down a bit to Georgia :bomb:

This would be a fun twosome to hook up with! Why don't you young bucks come on down a bit to Georgia :bomb:

That would be fun Bill, I need to see how far I am from you guys and make a Georgia trip, if we can get Spicoli in on it, it would be a blast, I hear that guy is Tiger good.

I will be the booze and a therapist.

Only if you promise no trips to the woodshed.

I am asking because I may be moving to that area and those two courses have positions open. I haven't seen either facility because I usually play at Castle Bay when in that area.

I am asking because I may be moving to that area and those two courses have positions open. I haven't seen either facility because I usually play at Castle Bay when in that area.

What sort of information or comparisons are you looking for?

Carolina National is a fun course, Freddie Couples design it has a nice range and tons of character.

Looks like 1:40pm is the earliest time for Sunday.

ouch that's a bit later than I would have liked that course is always packed . I think I am going to pass on this weekend have some things around the house I really should do.

Back