Thorbjorn Olesen arrested

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Reaction score
Handicap
I would hope. The article states he's 29, but from the sounds of it, he was acting like a spoiled 9 year old. Ain't nobody got time for that...

pretty disappointing read. I don't know much about him, but I would think a suspension is on the horizon.

Drunk in 1st class? Even Ian Poulter couldn't help

i wonder if he took something like ambien, had a few too many drinks, then went into this state. that doesn’t just sound like someone who is drunk; it sounds like another drug was in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Suspension should definitely be a given. Obviously a terrible look for Thunder Bear.

i wonder if he took something like ambien, had a few too many drinks, then went into this state. that doesn’t just sound like someone who is drunk; it sounds like another drug was in play.

That could definitely be the case as well.

Sounds like some treatment, an apology and a plea deal are in his future.

Never go full Thunder Bear. Never.

I'm just picturing the Wolf of Wall Street flight scene.

Anyway, he's not a member of the PGA Tour, so I'd be curious what they do. I would think the European Tour would have to take the lead on this one.

9751ae685c58f52bc074a5c33cd0fd89.jpg

Saw quite a bit of him on Saturday. What a clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I was reading the story, medication and alcohol immediately came to mind and ambien was my first thought. There are plenty of stories of people being on ambien and dong strange things while under its influence. I imagine alcohol would exacerbate the effect.

When he broke onto the PGA and had some good finishes in some majors I thought he might have a little something going forward. Unfortunately hasn't made that next step and apparently made one too many on the plane.

As I was reading the story, medication and alcohol immediately came to mind and ambien was my first thought. There are plenty of stories of people being on ambien and dong strange things while under its influence. I imagine alcohol would exacerbate the effect.
It's a compounding effect, 1+2 is not 2, 1+1 = 4, especially with 2 central nervous system depressants.. Ambien alone can make someone lucid and act bizarrely.

I like where it said "poulter went to sleep and wasn't around this at all.. completely plausible deniability

Could all lead to be similar to tigers dui/medication dilemma

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Doing the name wrong......or hes been to some of our local family reunions lol

especially because it happened on what i think was an international flight. to get to that level of intoxication, he would have had to board the plane pretty damn far along already, and if it was commercial i would think the flight attendants would have noticed and maybe 1) prevented him from boarding or at a minimum 2) not served any more to him. so to me, to accelerate so quickly from boarding to the incident, there was a drug of some kind involved. and ambien absolutely makes people do crazy things.

Anyway, he's not a member of the PGA Tour, so I'd be curious what they do. I would think the European Tour would have to take the lead on this one.

That's exactly the first thing that came to mind for me.

especially because it happened on what i think was an international flight. to get to that level of intoxication, he would have had to board the plane pretty damn far along already, and if it was commercial i would think the flight attendants would have noticed and maybe 1) prevented him from boarding or at a minimum 2) not served any more to him. so to me, to accelerate so quickly from boarding to the incident, there was a drug of some kind involved. and ambien absolutely makes people do crazy things.

I have never been on Ambien. Sleep aid right? That and alcohol would be a pretty brutal mixture. But, I agree, he would have had to have been well on his way when he stepped foot on the plane.

I think they could still suspend his ability to enter any of their events. Even as a non-member, I think they should still be able to punish him in some way. But, I think the Euro Tour should absolutely step up and do something. Sexual assault in any form is terrible. It would be a huge black eye if they sat back and did nothing. Given the current climate, I think there would be some pretty significant outcry should they do nothing.

I have never been on Ambien. Sleep aid right? That and alcohol would be a pretty brutal mixture. But, I agree, he would have had to have been well on his way when he stepped foot on the plane.

Sounds like Poulter was on a sleep aid too if he somehow slept through all of this.

I agree; he has to be punished. Even if his condition was inadvertent (and that's just speculation at this point), it is a horrible thing for a woman to be woken up on a plane by some stranger molesting her. There has to be consequences, and likely severe.

Wow that is crazy, definitely suspend him.

Saw meme on this, thought it was a joke. Rough for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know you're messed up when Poulter is trying to get you to behave rationally.

Suck to read news like this. These people are human, and young, and loaded, but come on. This is hard to look beyond and I do hope there are sanctions.

Yeah I woke up in my running car in my garage no clue how I got there at 3am

Back