Would You Game a Ladies Ball?

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If performance was actually better for you, would you game a ladies ball? My father in law is 70 and house slower down quite a bit. Consequently distance has suffered. He has been playing a range of premium to mid tier golf balls. He found a ladies Precept ball on the course this week and has been seeing big gains ever since. He's flying greens he usually rolled up too and is baffled. Lower compression has helped him quite a bit so...my question to you:
Guys, would you game a ladies ball if performance was actually better for you tee to green?
Ladies, I pose the inverse of this question to you.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Not only would I, I actually have. It worked out just fine.

I would game a lady ball, driver, and irons if it helped my game. I say bring on the pink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would game a lady ball, driver, and irons if it helped my game. I say bring on the pink.

They do have some sick color schemes!

Sure. Why not? I’m with fluffier. Hell, bring on the skort if it will make me better. I’m sure I’ll feel prettier.

Not only would I, I actually have. It worked out just fine.
I think you game what works for your game. Period! Unless it's iron covers..

When I used to live in Chicago. When weather was decent enough to play golf in winter. I used to play ladies Precept ball.
It took sting out of my frozen hand.

Sure I would and I did for a couple seasons, the Precept Lady. It was so popular that Precept later also stamped and marketed the very same ball as the "Laddie."

Great golf ball for my game at the time.

My son used a "lady noodle" that was found on the course for a while. He would use it for impossible over water with forced carry shots for several rounds. We deemed it unlosable for a while but I don't recall its fate.

Yep. Have played Lady Precept’s and enjoyed them.

Hell War Eagle won a THP event playing one.

I have before and would certainly do it again. I am with Fuffle, if it helps me play better I will do it.

Sure and even a Pink one!
At this point in my life I will take all the help I can get!

Yep. Have played Lady Precept’s and enjoyed them.

Hell War Eagle won a THP event playing one.
Niiiiice! My father in law is begging me to try them. They've been a revelation for him. He's eyes literally light up talking about his new found distance. Haha!

Sure I would and I did for a couple seasons, the Precept Lady. It was so popular that Precept later also stamped and marketed the very same ball as the "Laddie."

Great golf ball for my game at the time.
I wondered about that. When I looked up the balls online for him to find out how much they cost, I came across the Laddie brand first.

Absolutely. The precept was the first ball I used when I started.

I’d have zero issues if the performance was best. I don’t know why equipment is labeled with gender, especially something like the ball.

I’d have zero issues if the performance was best. I don’t know why equipment is labeled with gender, especially something like the ball.
I was wondering the same thing yesterday when I talked with the guys at Edwin Watts. If the defining factor for performance differences is swing speed based (compression), then labeling has to be more about marketing than anything else right? Trying to increase sales to female consumers by marketing a ball that's "made for women"?

I was surprised to see so many play the Precept, because this is the one I had on my mind. I played a Precept Laddie for more than a few rounds, and I really liked it. Finally lost all that I had, but I had fond memories playing with them. If it works, it works, I have no shame.

There is nothing about a "ladies" ball except possibly the color and font which isn't available in a regular ball. If you want a ball that's very low compression core with a firm cover and dimples designed to elevate the ball with low speed and spin, that's a Duo or Supersoft or any of dozens of other balls.

This isn't 1998 (or whenever the heck it was) that some journeyman Tour player teed up a Precept Lady and had every hacker on the planet lining up to buy this amazing, soft distance ball.

Totally would if it is something that improves my game.

Makes no difference to me it will just end up in the woods or the water eventually. Whatever works, Maybe I will have to steal some of my wife's pink golf balls

Sure, why not? If it performs better for me than my gamer

Sure, why not? If it performs better for me than my gamer
My thoughts exactly. Also, I thought of you when I was talking to my FIL. I told him I remembered you getting the lady's Cobra F8 driver because it gave you better launch and spin characteristics.

Absolutely no reason not too if it works for you!

Back