What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some workout and putting

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

At therapy today, we did one legged chip shots holding the finish for 5 seconds. The goal is to work on stability and strengthening the ankle. We increased the difficulty standing on a foam pad. Say whaaaaaat?!?! My therapist rocks!!

THP and drove to a local CC for their annual superbowl sale. Email advertisement indicated they would be open till 7pm I got there at 545pm and the place was a ghost town. Now practicing putting, catching up on the Waste Management and THPing all night.

THPed, some carpet putting, and some great conversations with Team Paradise...cool things to come.

Bought some balls and made an impromptu chipping range behind the bike shop

Finally nice enough to hit the range. Hit 2 buckets.Nice to see the ball fly rather than travel 10 yards into a net.
After a workout will so some birdie ball putting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through the mizuno fitting for some new irons. Pretty cool little system they have going.

I went through the mizuno fitting for some new irons. Pretty cool little system they have going.

Yes it is. What did they fit you into?

Yes it is. What did they fit you into?

MP-4 / MP-54, KBS tour stiff, 2° upright. It's amazing how much worse my shots were with the mp4 7 iron than the 54!

My numbers came out to:

Headspeed: 86
Tempo: 5
Toe Down:2
Kick Angle: 4
Release Factor: 3

I'll have to do some googling and see what the legitimacy of these numbers are but I was pretty impressed with the whole process. First time being fit for irons! Learned some new stuff about shaft flex.

MP-4 / MP-54, KBS tour stiff, 2° upright. It's amazing how much worse my shots were with the mp4 7 iron than the 54!

My numbers came out to:

Headspeed: 86
Tempo: 5
Toe Down:2
Kick Angle: 4
Release Factor: 3

I'll have to do some googling and see what the legitimacy of these numbers are but I was pretty impressed with the whole process. First time being fit for irons! Learned some new stuff about shaft flex.

Thats a nice looking combo set. In fact I gamed the same for a while last year!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Really focusing on the South Pole ball strikes
Movement........ or changing a direction with the ends of limbs or the ends of limbs opposing movement those things will have something to do with what one feels in the back of head also effort or strain can do that. Possibly focus but i know where my hands connect to and where my shoulder muscles all go so its really hard to say or pinpoint what gets all wadaed up there the added weight I have in hands as well goes somewhere . So movement is best to describe it. and the fact the shoulders are so friggin dynamic its a joke they can do literally anything you ask them... Dont know if that is what your looking for thats what i have found can be a factor of that thing we feel back there. BECAUSE MY HANDS DONT ALWAYS GET TO THIS CLOSE OR BEHIND MY HEAD ON EVERY SHOT SO I FEEL THINGS BACK THERE EVEN PUTTING AS WELL. ALSO DEPENDS ON MUSCLES THE TENSE AROUND MY SKULL SOMEDAYS I AM NOT AWARE ARE TENSING. There are days I hit the south pole of the ball by JUST SIMPLE TENSION IS A MUSCLE ON SIDES OF MY HEAD ON CERTAIN SHOTS LIKE A WALL HOLDING ME THERE. all depends on the day my right hand uses all kids of stuff at times BUT THE BALL AND ITS CONTACT IS WHERE AND ONLY PLACE THE ENERGY I NEED TO CONTROL IT IS MY HANDS JUST AN AMPILIFIER FOR MORE OR LESS THAT I WANT OUT OF IT. Balls got all you need in it by design you have to make the right choice what your taking out of it for the result to be good. I may cheat and grab a little extra out the air on the way to get it at times but that is after i learned where to get it from besides myself or the ground.

Put new spikes in my shoes...took a few hours lol
tap tap taparoo

Played 18 holes today in our club opening day, shot a +5, 77.

It's suppose to be in the 40s today so I'm definitely going to the range! It's been too long since I last hit balls outside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Regripped the driver, wood, and hybrid with Winn DriTac midsized black/blue grips.

Bucket of balls and dropped of some clubs for regripping. Getting the bag all set for 2014.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Played 18.

Howd you shoot ?

Not good. Hit the ball well but struggled with some pin positions on some shorter quick putts. Lots and lots of blowup holes. For example I had two different four putts.

Not good. Hit the ball well but struggled with some pin positions on some shorter quick putts. Lots and lots of blowup holes. For example I had two different four putts.

What putter is in the bag?

Z is punishing you for taking her out of the bag :). No worries my #crewofcobra friend, get all the bad shots out of the way now.

What putter is in the bag?

Z3C. Actually made some really good putts today but there were some while trying to get it to the hole and right when I got to the hole the slope just took it away and left me 10 footers coming back.

It's not worth much, but our entire group really struggled on the greens today.

THP only today. Called the course this morning and they're going to stay closed one more day to allow more of the snow to be gone. I was kind of disappointed, but then right at what would have been our tee time, it started raining hard......

I don't know how you guys up north do it. A little over a week without my typical routine on Friday-Sunday and I've already got cabin fever.

Got some indoor practice in today. Good session, now I've got the Phoenix Open on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back