What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+10 46.

Irons and short game sucked. Putter saved at least 3 shots.

I will post it for him. Winchell shot a boring 1 under 70 at Shale Creek. I didn't even realize he was under par until he said something. Nice up and down from the bunker on 18. Hit the ball well and made a putt or two.

Next time you head out you need to let me know. The course looked good today with the man hosting the Stark County Amateur yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do, I wondered if you were out there today. Myself and three other new members, all league buddies from the now closed Tam O' Shanter, have a standing tee time at 7:45 on Sundays. We've also been going out during the week at least once around 6:00 - 6:30. We're having fun there and it's been worth it to this point.

4 4 4 5 5 4 4 3 4 = 37
5 4 5 5 3 4 5 5 4 = 40
= 77 (+6)

67238349_10156774353818401_2239931603570655232_n.jpg

What did you shoot today?

I will post it for him. Winchell shot a boring 1 under 70 at Shale Creek. I didn't even realize he was under par until he said something. Nice up and down from the bunker on 18. Hit the ball well and made a putt or two.

Haha thanks man. “Boring” great description. I think I’m still picking sand off of myself. That wind was brutal. Was a blast today with you fellas!

Friday 40/51 (terrible back 9), Sat 46/41, Sun 43/50 (another terrible back 9). Been having a sketchy bad stretch of back 9's, just haven't been finishing strong lately.

48-45 and just didn't really have anything going. Lot's of doubles including 2 to start my round.

Middle of the fairway opening Par 5 and push a hybrid into the rough. Punch out. 4th shot 88 yards thin it over the green. Just a lot of bad golf yesterday.

Couldn't "snap out of it" like I have in previous rounds. Ball striking wasn't good. Putting wasn't good at all. The greens were perfect and I just kept blowing putts past the hole.

Nothing really else to add. Probably going to take a 1 or 2 week break.

On the plus side we finished the round under 4 hours and that included brunch at the turn of about 20-25 minutes.

37/39-76 (+4). A couple of 3-putts and a couple of poor iron shots and a lack of any birdies cost me. Hit some great putts from long range that were within an inch or two of the hole but none of them dropped.

Shot 72 (par 70 course) on Friday.
Shot 74 (par 72 course) on Saturday.
Pretty good weekend for me. Had a couple of lip outs that would have made the weekend stellar !

Found the silliest, slightest little thing in my swing that led me to an 81 (Sat.) and 80 (Sun.) weekend. I think I also hit something like 85% of my fairways both days. :twist:

Shot 72 (par 70 course) on Friday.
Shot 74 (par 72 course) on Saturday.
Pretty good weekend for me. Had a couple of lip outs that would have made the weekend stellar !

great playing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

38-40 today for a 78 on the home course. Usually I’d be pretty happy but I was +3 on the 2 easiest holes on the course. Driver was a beast. Inside 100 was solid and putting was as good as it’s been in a long time. 2 mediocre swings punished me big. Overall - solid day, but could have been super memorable

84 net 72 with (get this) 6 doubles and 4 birdies.

I prefer to remember the birdies and other good holes and shots. I’ll learn from the doubles then forget them.

My last three rounds have been really inconsistent.

1. 77 at an easy course where I hit everything left off the tee.
2. 73 at a hard course with a mediocre front 9, followed by great drives and a 34 on the back.
3. 77 at an easy course where I hit everything left (and short) off the tee.

Haven't played in about a week now, but I'm playing 3 days in a row starting Thursday, so I'm hoping the time off helps me get some semblance of tempo back with my driver.

Played last Thursday afternoon - talked my boss and a friend/vendor of ours into an afternoon early getaway 18. Perfect summer weather, mid to upper 80's, light breeze, low humidity. I got off to a great start, splitting the first fairway and wedging to 3 feet for quick birdie. Missed a 4 footer to save par on the 2nd, but repeated my feat from #1 on the third to go back to -1. The day went on with a whole lot of good ball-striking. I hit 9/14 fairways, but only 1 missed by more than a yard and even that one was in a great lie and open. I then hit 11 of 18 greens, and 2 more fringes, and was right beside every green I missed in regulation. And better yet, it seemed like I left uphill putts all day - but I never made one longer than 4 feet. I was all over the holes but nothing dropped, 33 putts in all. The final tally was 37/39-76, but felt like it should have been a par round or even a little better.

That was my first round in over 2 months, when I had my worst outing in many years with an 86, and a bad, sloppy, helpless-feeling 86 at that. So, it really felt good to have things seem to be clicking all the way through.

I shot 43/49 on Saturday evening and 45-47 Sunday evening. Wasn't happy about the 49 and the 45 could have been better but I got a 9 on one hole thanks to the water hazard, duffing my 7 iron, and 3 putting. Big improvement over last year at this time by 5-7 strokes per 9 holes so I'm happy for that.

Personal best even par 72... feel like I really jumped through a mental hurdle and I’m excited to see what will come next.

43 (+7) at league tonight. Three pars, two bogeys, two doubles, one bogey, and a par.

I was way too tentative with my putts tonight which I haven't been before (missed everything short or right) with the Stroke Lab Double Wide. I potentially could have saved three strokes on the greens. I think that I can move the ball position forward a little bit and I'll be back to normal. I hit 3/7 FIR, but am feeling much more confident about my swing going into a week-long golf trip.

39/39-78

My 3rd score in the 70's this year!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

45 this morning, played same ball all 9 which is good as course is woody and watery but could not complete holes again. 3 3 putt holes on the slow wet greens and the first putt on these were all 30+ feet, so in some regards it is more the approach shot. Getting on the green is nice but being 30' away from an 100 yard shot aint good enough. Oh well keep on working at it. The game feels better so it will come around. I hope

myself in the foot. Got a little too greedy I guess, and something gave way in my back. I don't feel like I'll be swinging again in the near future. Just hoping no hardware/connections broke. My fault. I decided a week or so ago to push the physical part a bit to see what's there. Opened up the swing a bit, and it was going well, especially to start today. Easy 298 and 304 off first two tees. Third tee I ended up on my knees. Partner thought my club broke. When I told him that sound was something in my back he nearly lost his breakfast. Glad he was there to drive me home though. Wife is going to be pissed...

85 today with 4 doubles and 1 birdie. I wish could figure out my double problems.

82 today with four more doubles. This is getting old...

8695374ee35a71a987fe46197533ad6c.jpg

36 - 39 - 75. The putter has turned a bit cold lately. 1 birdie, 13 pars and 4 bogeys.

45/41, it was a shorter course 6k played decent but driver was not really cooperating all day. Could have been better round for sure but happy with how I played

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

A one under 26 at the par 3 close to my house with my daughter. It's actually a challenging par 3 course with quite a few bunkers, water, and some elevation changes. I had to hit 4 wood to reach the first green at 239 yards today.

Here are the yardages of the back tees that we played.

242 167 123 114 177 176 215 132 198 1,544

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back