What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Today, I picked up a Smoke 70 6.0 shaft that I had re-tipped to go in my 3 wood. Excited to see if it gets my spin down enough that I see more distance.

Tenputt;n8877055 said:
Today, I picked up a Smoke 70 6.0 shaft that I had re-tipped to go in my 3 wood. Excited to see if it gets my spin down enough that I see more distance.

What are you coming from again?

Hit the rang and mainly worked on the driver that has been giving me issues, worked it out some but still fighting the rights a bit.

Molten;n8877062 said:
What are you coming from again?

I ordered the Smoke 60 6.0 and it is just too light for a fw.

Hit a bucket of range balls.

Cut a couple shafts for friends, worked on pitches and putts until it started raining, cleaned and dried clubs and bag.

Played 9 tonight. Solid score my games starting to shine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re-gripped my hybrid, needed a fresh MCC+4

Took the wife to the home club. I pitched and putted while she played 9.

Her best round of ball striking yet! And maybe her worst around the greens. lol Highlight for me was when she came up 40yds short and right by the trees on her third shot on a par 5. I said, 'I could end up here in 2. I'll play one'. She came up just short into an uphill green with her pw attempt and rolled back into the bunker. I dropped a ball and pitched a beauty to about 6". She spins around incredulously and says 'what club did you use to do that?!' I show her my club (56* rtx, nothing too special). I think she only really notices that it doesn't match my iron set (?) and shouts "Well I didn't have a MAGIC club for my shot!" The rest of the round she kept muttering "I want one of those magic clubs. You're getting me a magic club." Guess I'll be posting in the 'What golf stuff did you buy today?' thread shortly. lol

Last edited:
lesson for the first time in many years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scheduled a lesson for a couple of weeks from now, and drooled over Callaway's lineup.

Tenputt;n8877229 said:
I ordered the Smoke 60 6.0 and it is just too light for a fw.

Let’s see how the change works out for you!

I had a great range session this afternoon and a lesson tomorrow.

Molten;n8878141 said:
Let’s see how the change works out for you!

It seems pretty good so far. FB1D6935-CB6F-46DE-8A04-73A599D3D22B.jpeg

Nice 3W off the tee! Your 3W should talk to mine to give it pointers...

Just browsing the forum. Still learning the little nuances of it.

Swung the Orange Whip for a while.

Rolled a few more stroke lab putters.

clarkgriswold;n8879606 said:
Rolled a few more stroke lab putters.

which one is in the running for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Walked 6 before the rain finally drove me off the course. Grips and gloves were just too wet to enjoy it anymore.

Drove by a nice course today that i have never played and wished i could have given it a go.

Back