I like Bryson he is a competitive and strives for excellence and puts in the work to try to achieve it, but today's he was classless blaming the clubs for his poor performance.
I am positive Cobra is working super hard trying to give him the very best equipment for his swing type, not a easy feat.
He should apologize asap.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reminds me of some guys I know that go hunting and miss. They spend tons of money and big name stuff and when they choke it is either the ammo is bad, the scope won’t hold zero, the rifle won’t group, etc. At the end of the day, they simply choked and didn’t make the shot.

I might would agree with you except if you look at his full statement he immediately follows up saying the driver sucks with trash talking the face. He is not talking about his swing. He is definitely trashing the equipment.

I have said numerous times on this forum I am not a huge Bryson guy but don’t hate him either. He is trying really hard to make me change that. Having been lucky enough to go to a MC and meet and talk with some amazing guys from CPG in @Master Yagley and @LittleRat, I know how much love and care they put in to everything they make. The people at CPG are top notch and it is utterly ridiculous to make that kind of statement because in my eyes it is a direct insult to these guys.
Ok I understand your point, and honestly that kinda makes it a bit personal. As I mentioned it’s about interpretation and I interpreted it differently. No biggie. I think we are all well aware in the current equipment times that we can’t blame the equipment. At least I can’t.

I don't get the hate.....This guy is out there on a Razor's Edge. We can't possibly understand.

I'm giving you extra props for the Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) gif. Unlike Bryson, Razor had charisma and oozed machismo.

I guess he endorses "it's the arrow not the indian" mentality

lol see post 2 my guy.
Well with that in mind it sounds like the relationship is in jeopardy. Hmmm which OEM would take the chance at selling millions more product?

Well with that in mind it sounds like the relationship is in jeopardy. Hmmm which OEM would take the chance at selling millions more product?
You have to wonder how marketable Bryson made himself after that comment today, even when (not if) he apologizes or recants.

Any company watching that knows what they already knew, but even more so... Bryson is a double edged sword and an absolute handful to deal with.

"He has never been really happy, ever" That portion of the quote from the Cobra rep says enough to me about this situation.

I mean he could take a note out of OG Brooksy’s book and go the equipment free agency route. But then how will he get someone to build him endless prototypes?

"He has never been really happy, ever" That portion of the quote from the Cobra rep says enough to me about this situation.
Cobra Rep:

You have to wonder how marketable Bryson made himself after that comment today, even when (not if) he apologizes or recants.

Any company watching that knows what they already knew, but even more so... Bryson is a double edged sword and an absolute handful to deal with.
Very true, but what if they can meet his expectations?

I said it in another thread. I think frustration and the lack of polish in interview and lack of awareness for Bryson got the better of him..

If he manned up, took the bullet and did another interview stating that he didn't mean to attack Cobra that he was simply frustrated and vented, and ended up kicking the dog that was just sleeping by the door so to speak. I think it would largely be water under the bridge.

The question is will he do it. If he issues a statement, I will say that is not good enough. He needs to do it in front of a mic.

Also, I think he is starting to prove my not many play a 5 degree driver and see much success out on tour..

i agree...idk if he meant to indict himself as well in "this driver" but yeah, words mean things.

I mean he could take a note out of OG Brooksy’s book and go the equipment free agency route. But then how will he get someone to build him endless prototypes?
With his money I don’t think that will be an issue. ;) Maybe he starts his own company. :p

Golf Twitter 🔥🔥🔥 Today

83286696-DEAF-4FB1-BD9F-9BBFE8DCC586.jpeg

Cobra Rep:

Yeah especially given he just took one for the team and caddied for him and cleaned up his mess with his caddie. Then 2 weeks late you throw them under the bus too. When you burn bridges it's harder to cross rivers.

It is interesting that they say he has never been happy..
That was the comment that makes me think it’s done! They really need to get a face of the company though. I love LPGA but I don’t think Lexi is selling a lot of clubs. Rickie? Only if he can find the winners circle.

It is interesting that they say he has never been happy..
I’m hoping that was just bad wording meaning he’s just always looking to improve.

I’m hoping that was just bad wording meaning he’s just always looking to improve.
As open minded as I’m trying to read it, I think it got very personal today. I kinda picture the you’re number 1 sign being displayed here. Not to you but to BC.

Crazy to think he has both helped and hurt his brand more than any other golfer in the past 12 months..

or cobra may need someone else in their camp to start winning? :LOL:
Hey Rickie has made a couple cuts, but he is not there!:(

Back