High School golf tryouts - is this expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads like this one don't come along often. They should be cherished, locked and the "Delete Thread" option disabled.
I agree completely. A national treasure for a multitude of reasons, and really is the gift that keeps on giving.

If that's a real thing, I want one. My Skytrak and TGC, mostly it's TGC, are very critical of my golf game and make not so encouraging comments. It's ok though, we've given him a name and yell back.

I feel like a Revenge Trackman would do something like under-report my yardage by somewhere between 4 and 13 yards so I airmail every green next time I play a real course, but by random intervals.

rWFJwz9.jpg

My first inclination when reading this thread a few days ago was "how the heck do you get an April Fools" thread in August? Then I read further and decided that there is no way that this story doesn't roll all the way to April where we will be treated to a thunderous culmination, the likes THP has never seen before. We will laugh, we will cry, we will question our place in this universe. Enjoy the ride gentlemen.

Soooo....I need to know. Is one of these kids nicknames Big Al and does he hit dingers??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My first inclination when reading this thread a few days ago was "how the heck do you get an April Fools" thread in August? Then I read further and decided that there is no way that this story doesn't roll all the way to April where we will be treated to a thunderous culmination, the likes THP has never seen before. We will laugh, we will cry, we will question our place in this universe. Enjoy the ride gentlemen.

I’ve read through this thing and determined it’s like the Montreal Screwjob. I can’t figure out if it’s a total shoot, a total work, or a shoot that turned into a work and swerved back to a shoot. Wrestling fans will know what I’m talking about.

If that's a real thing, I want one. My Skytrak and TGC, mostly it's TGC, are very critical of my golf game and make not so encouraging comments. It's ok though, we've given him a name and yell back.
Me and "John" rarely see eye to eye.... "Well, that's an insteresting decision"... Not sure why he's always so negative about how I'm hitting the ball.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Almost spit out my coffee as I've been sitting in a legal seminar all day with "under my breath giggles"... so....it's going well here :ROFLMAO:.... but I'm so happy that this thread is still going....

I think a screenplay has already been started on here a few pages back... might want to copy that and claim it as your own - might win an Academy Award!

I’ve read through this thing and determined it’s like the Montreal Screwjob. I can’t figure out if it’s a total shoot, a total work, or a shoot that turned into a work and swerved back to a shoot. Wrestling fans will know what I’m talking about.

The heel certainly sold it.

There’s more to it than score sometimes. I’ve made that call to play a different golfer before, and will again. Score is only one part of representing a program and team.
FACT

My point was and is, things this outlandish, DO happen, all the time. That’s what coaches and educators are dealing with on the daily.
During the combined 6 years my two boys were in high school, there was an abundance of BS from the parents and the coaches. If life lessons truly are learned through high school sports, I hope the lesson is how not to act.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the golf coach was probably the most reasonable educator/coach I've ever known - certainly at their HS. When he coached JV baseball, everyone played and everyone sat. They won all but a few games. When the team was blowing out another, he had them back off on running up the score. During that game, he helped the opposing 1st baseman with some advice while coaching 1st base. That really impressed me while I was watching the game. He really cared about helping kids improve. As the golf coach, it was all about who earned the right to play. No favoritism, no exceptions. He wasn't a pushover but he was fair.

But some of the crap that the football and baseball coaches pulled was unbelievable - and I'm not talking about how it affected my kids. It's a bit off topic, but it was a long list of actions that are hard to imagine.

As I said before, the students are usually ok. It's the adults - both the parents and coaches - who struggle at setting a good example.

.... just because this needs a daily post and just waiting for the OP to give us an update as to how things have transpired since the turn of events....

.... just because this needs a daily post and just waiting for the OP to give us an update as to how things have transpired since the turn of events....

In particular, we'd like to know more about Fred's mom....the girl appears to pack a punch.

Being that the OP created another account to post under (which was merged/deleted) I believe there might not be too much more coming.

Being that the OP created another account to post under (which was merged/deleted) I believe there might not be too much more coming.
ok.... I'll retract my request.

So I show up at my home course excited to play with my fresh Srixon ZX5 irons……

And the first 3 holes are occupied by High School girls golf tryouts.
I had to play the back 9 first. Anyone know a Maricopa county commissioner?
I'd have burnt down several buildings already.

I liked your comment yet I’ll disagree as I’ve always seen you as a a safe, sane, and moral person.

You have to either quantify the “tryouts” as exactly that or quantify them some other way.

I’m a PGA pro, I think still? I passed a PAT 100 years ago. I can tell you who is the best golfer (Hamfist) and the best potential golfer (the rest of the planet). Unless I’m being paid or providing unpaid lessons, I don’t say more than that.
FIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back