What golf stuff did you buy today?

1630947028420.png

One dozen to try out on my next round.

Since Honma did not have a set of TR21x heads for which I waited 4 months, I went with the Honma TWx Irons/MMT 85g graphite - I may use them for traveling and for friends, or for my younger son. Not a long blade but a thick sole. I have some Mizunos coming early next year.

I emailed Honma - supply chain issues they said ... Oh, well, this is that kind of era.:oops:

I visited the PGATSS today, annual event gold store on Labor Day. Puma white stars ryder cup shirt. And 3 z grip midsize to test out on by Driver 48 and 7 iron. I want to be prepared as i too have some Mizuno irons headed my way one of these days 🤫

Since Honma did not have a set of TR21x heads for which I waited 4 months, I went with the Honma TWx Irons/MMT 85g graphite - I may use them for traveling and for friends, or for my younger son. Not a long blade but a thick sole. I have some Mizunos coming early next year.

I emailed Honma - supply chain issues they said ... Oh, well, this is that kind of era.:oops:
I have MMT 80 s in my irons, they’ve been soft stepped 2 times, I like them they are parallel tip, i think yours are taper?

I do think i prefer the recoil 95 though

I have MMT 80 s in my irons, they’ve been soft stepped 2 times, I like them they are parallel tip, i think yours are taper?

I do think i prefer the recoil 95 though

I think the Recoil 95 delivers well but I've always wanted something a teeny, tiny bit livelier.

I think the Recoil 95 delivers well but I've always wanted something a teeny, tiny bit livelier.
Understood. I asked about the shaft optimizer today at PGASS. They still don’t have it. Bummed.

Green fees and lunch before the round

Had I not went with the Apex Pro this year, that was my next choice! Those look so good!

Well, if you need some forgiveness and help in the longer end..... you made the right decision!

Well, if you need some forgiveness and help in the longer end..... you made the right decision!
I didn't try the longer irons, but the 4-iron in the Apex Pros is my favorite iron out of the set to hit.

Greens fees yesterday

20210907_175541.jpg
Had to for the MC practice round, needed waterproof spikeless incase I spill my drink on them. 😎

Regripped my Ping G425 hybrids... finally... with midsize grips... Wanted the CP2 pros... but... none in existence. Well they are, but at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. Why doesn't anyone dive down and retrieve that shipping container? They're golf grips!

They had Winn DriTacs with the built up bottom, which don't last very long... because they're Winns. And they had the Golf Pride MCC+ whatevers.

So what did I end up getting? The MCC+whatevers... and I had to get blue. And they'd gone up from $13 to $15 ea! Inflation! So this is a permanent price increase because when have you ever seen prices go down?

Box of Bridgestone Tour BXS. I love these balls. Durable, long and will stop.

More MC Golf gloves came in

Green fees and fresh grips

Off to a golf lesson. Working on my driver and woods and putter

Last edited:
Back