What golf stuff did you buy today?

69af9969bb5ee031bd5296ff9225670e.png

And bought some Goodr sunglasses for golf. We shall seee

I tried to see if I could get a tee time at Las Vegas CC next door to the Westgate this weekend, but they are closed until next month for reseeding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

balls-2021-truvis-arnold-palmer_hero.png

BA6484EF-C6FC-40D7-ACD6-7426CBFD526A.jpeg
C412CF0F-AE4D-49F0-990F-D4F68E9954F5.jpeg

I had some PUMA kicks show up today

18 holes.....new golf shoe laces....

I built a PXG Gen 3 0311 combo set and left it in the cart to ponder for later.

2 buckets at the range

Bought a Ping G425 4H.
hit it one time on the range
Now I wish I bought the 3H instead

Got the #girdad cover coming in so redoing my fairway wood covers to make everything flow and match, so ordered these!
8E97CBF7-C676-48BF-B1D9-71FF9F59EDCF.jpeg

Since Honma did not have a set of TR21x heads for which I waited 4 months, I went with the Honma TWx Irons/MMT 85g graphite - I may use them for traveling and for friends, or for my younger son. Not a long blade but a thick sole. I have some Mizunos coming early next year.

I emailed Honma - supply chain issues they said ... Oh, well, this is that kind of era.:oops:
The TW-X are fun too. I have a 3i and just played it the other day. I love how compact they are, and they're pretty fast and forgiving.

20210912_202333.jpg

I bought PANTS and man did that feel good.

The TW-X are fun too. I have a 3i and just played it the other day. I love how compact they are, and they're pretty fast and forgiving.

The club builder had a set of TW-X remaining, so he gave me a nice discount to take those off his hands and built them in MMT 85g, parallel.. Compact blade, not much offset, a very clean look. The soles are something else. Hit them on Saturday after a 10 day layofff and I was towards the toe a bit. That was rust by me. Hit them again today and was flush - feel and flight were more in line of expectations. Take them to course next week to find out more.

Honma apparently spent a lot of money on marketing but not on logistics. I know at least one club maker that is dropping them for now.

We'll see how it goes. I wanted something with more pop. But not the sole thickness, lol. Still, it's a good looking iron.

Last edited:
The club builder had a set of TW-X remaining, so he gave me a nice discount to take those off his hands and built them in MMT 85g, parallel.. Compact blade, not much offset, a very clean look. The soles are something else. Hit them on Saturday after a 10 day layofff and I was towards the toe a bit. That was rust by me. Hit them again today and was flush - feel and flight were more in line of expectations. Take them to course next week to find out more.

Honma apparently spent a lot of money on marketing but not on logistics. I know at least one club maker that is dropping them for now.
Sorry too hear about the experience, and them dropping Honma's, but I've always liked that their lines tend to be shorter heel to toe and have less offset compared to some others regardless of type of iron. And a little stronger lofts in some of their smaller, player club stuff. I think it lets a lot of skill levels be able to play the look they might aspire to a little more and I think that's cool. They usually perform well too. I hope you have some fun with them.

Picked up a Mavrik Max 5 wood from CPO.
$135 for LN just seems like a bargain for such an easy hitting FW.

Picked up a Mavrik Max 5 wood from CPO.
$135 for LN just seems like a bargain for such an easy hitting FW.
Oh the Mavrik Max 5w is an absolute beast! So easy to elevate off the deck.

Oh the Mavrik Max 5w is an absolute beast! So easy to elevate off the deck.
I've got the Super Hybrid in a 18* and it's just tough to get it launching OTD.
Heck I can hit the 3+ Mav Max OTD better than it.

Picked up a Cleveland CBX2 54* wedge over the weekend. Played a round yesterday and I'm definitely getting more spin around the green. Actually left myself short on quite a few chips and pitches. I think this is going to be a fun wedge once I get adjusted to it.

Bought a Super Stroke Tour 3.0 for my Piretti yesterday. Trying to take the wrists out a bit.

Back