Michigan hackers, check in here

Red Run in Royal oak on Sunday for first time. Can’t wait.
It takes an invitation or membership to play there. I may be playing there in August with the Golf Association of Michigan. I've always lived near the place and never have had the opportunity to play, should be interesting.

Im in Metro Detroit today if anyone is up for a round of golf this evening.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It takes an invitation or membership to play there. I may be playing there in August with the Golf Association of Michigan. I've always lived near the place and never have had the opportunity to play, should be interesting.
Course is great. My brother is a member. Not overly tight in terms of trees but TONS of sand that pinch greens and fairways. Blazing fast greens. Fastest I’ve ever played.

Hey, a group of 8 of us are heading up from IL on Friday for a round at Harbor Shores and then a weekend at Arcadia Bluffs. Seeing as we aren’t going to get up to our cottage at Arcadia Bluffs til 8 or so on Friday, anyone got any suggestions on a decent place to eat around there?

Hey, a group of 8 of us are heading up from IL on Friday for a round at Harbor Shores and then a weekend at Arcadia Bluffs. Seeing as we aren’t going to get up to our cottage at Arcadia Bluffs til 8 or so on Friday, anyone got any suggestions on a decent place to eat around there?
Are you looking to eat around Benton Harbor, or drive up a little ways then stop? If you are looking to eat in Benton Harbor, I would suggest eating at the club house. They had great food when I was there and honestly Benton Harbor isn't a great town outside of the course. If you want to drive a little bit Saugatuck has Saugatuck Brewery which is good, and apparently Mitten Brewing Company opened up a Location in Saugatuck as well. I have never been to that location but if its as good as the one in GR I'd say make that your stop for sure. If you wanted to drive a bit farther Holland has some good restaurants. My wife and I always end up at New Holland Brewing Company so I would suggest that one as well. If you are looking a little nicer place in Holland Boatwerks sits on the water and has good food and mixed drinks. Next town up the drive is Grand Haven and Grand Armory is there the have good food and beers.... as you can tell my list is very Brewery heavy

This may be strange. My son lives in cadillac. Moved there for work early last yr right before covid. So….. meeting people was rough. He loves to golf (we played arcadia south last week while i was up to visit…..damn fun!). Anyway, any younger golfers, he is 23 in the area looking for a playing partner? He “hits bombs” or slices. Or pulls. Ahhhhh, he just needs to find people to golf with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking to eat around Benton Harbor, or drive up a little ways then stop? If you are looking to eat in Benton Harbor, I would suggest eating at the club house. They had great food when I was there and honestly Benton Harbor isn't a great town outside of the course. If you want to drive a little bit Saugatuck has Saugatuck Brewery which is good, and apparently Mitten Brewing Company opened up a Location in Saugatuck as well. I have never been to that location but if its as good as the one in GR I'd say make that your stop for sure. If you wanted to drive a bit farther Holland has some good restaurants. My wife and I always end up at New Holland Brewing Company so I would suggest that one as well. If you are looking a little nicer place in Holland Boatwerks sits on the water and has good food and mixed drinks. Next town up the drive is Grand Haven and Grand Armory is there the have good food and beers.... as you can tell my list is very Brewery heavy

Thanks for all the options!

I played The Majestic monday (first time), nice course. I had two doubles, and a triple in the mix, and still managed an 86. The triple 8 on the last hole was disappointing, I think I just ran out of gas.

Played The Myth yesterday for the first time in years. I now remember why I haven't played there in years. The mini-myth is fine for what it is, but the actual course could use some help.

Has anyone played the Oakland University courses lately? Do you know if there's an alumni discount? Didn't know how far out I should try to get a tee time, looking at trying to play there September 12th.

Hey Traverse City area Hackers, I will be in Kalkaska (Little Log Lake) from October 2 - 12. I usually just play a Grandview but I am willing to travel and play other courses in the area. If you need another player during that time, pm me on here. Hopefully, a few of you that I know can play. This Ohio boy loves playing in Michigan.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Played Wyndgate yesterday for the first time. What an awesome course! It was definitely challenging with lots of elevation changes and tough pin placements. I'd say well worth the money, and if you have a tee time golf pass book it was only $40.

Played Wyndgate yesterday for the first time. What an awesome course! It was definitely challenging with lots of elevation changes and tough pin placements. I'd say well worth the money, and if you have a tee time golf pass book it was only $40.

Think you mean Westwynd. Wyndgate is the private side of it. We played it a few years ago, a few quirky holes but some good ones too.

Think you mean Westwynd. Wyndgate is the private side of it. We played it a few years ago, a few quirky holes but some good ones too.
Yes, you're correct. Not enough coffee this morning for me yet...

Definitely a couple of quirky holes. Pin placements were brutal yesterday. I wasn't a fan of the double greens, but to me that was the only downfall of the course. I was surprised by the amount of bunkers everywhere.

Definitely a couple of quirky holes. Pin placements were brutal yesterday. I wasn't a fan of the double greens, but to me that was the only downfall of the course. I was surprised by the amount of bunkers everywhere.

Has been hard to get an early tee time there lately so haven't been back. Was it in good shape? I thought the one par 3 on the back was absurd. Way too shallow of a green coming in from long range, and a few blind shots I remember not liking but wouldn't be bad once you knew the course.

Has been hard to get an early tee time there lately so haven't been back. Was it in good shape? I thought the one par 3 on the back was absurd. Way too shallow of a green coming in from long range, and a few blind shots I remember not liking but wouldn't be bad once you knew the course.
They were surprisingly pretty open with tee times yesterday. For a Sunday we didn't see anyone in front of us, we were only a 2some. We had a 2some behind us at times, but pace of play was great. Finished 18 in 3 hours. Course was in really good shape. Greens were rolling fast, but weren't too firm where you couldn't stick your shot if you were trying too. There were definitely some blind shots into greens, which was annoying but overall, if you had a reference point it was completely fine. And, the only reason I had some blind shots was because my slice came into play, so I wasn't able to hit my targets.

I played with a guy that had played there a couple times this year already so he acted as my guide, which was super helpful. I scored like crap still, but had a good time.

Hi all,
We are driving up to the UP for golf the first week in October. Playing a course on the way up in central Wisconsin (Greenwood Hills) and then staying in Marquette to play Greywalls on day 2. Aside from replaying Greywalls (which is an option), what are your suggestions for a round on day 3 between Marquette and NE Wisconsin?
TIA!

Hi all,
We are driving up to the UP for golf the first week in October. Playing a course on the way up in central Wisconsin (Greenwood Hills) and then staying in Marquette to play Greywalls on day 2. Aside from replaying Greywalls (which is an option), what are your suggestions for a round on day 3 between Marquette and NE Wisconsin?
TIA!
I'd do Timberstone or Sweetgrass depending upon the route you take back. Both are good tests and always in excellent condition. There's now a sister course to Sweetgrass called Sage Run. I've heard good things but haven't played it myself yet. If you have time on Greywalls day, the Heritage course (shares pro shop with Greywalls) is a decent course too and much cheaper.

Played The Myth yesterday for the first time in years. I now remember why I haven't played there in years. The mini-myth is fine for what it is, but the actual course could use some help.
A lot of help. I remember when that course opened as Beaver Creek and it was really nice. One of the first really nice courses I played.

Westwynd is very tough, almost too tough for my taste, but beautiful

Any course that is run by Vargo gets run into the ground. I have played some of the Vargo run golf courses and they just flat-out suck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211006-112554~2.png
    Screenshot_20211006-112554~2.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 16
Played Treetops Jones Masterpiece yesterday (10/6). Beautiful weather and course was in excellent shape. So beautiful in the fall.
4599cb8b5821ca9026af16e1a7211b0d.jpg
bf435df50b000cca0c02065b76dc82dd.jpg
c2ade857564c9c1dd3303724f068b572.jpg
7d55178e1a2f4d64f97a74efbdba7ac8.jpg
0cee41df1fa8557b4020cfa800d1e56b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Who has their buddies trips planned?
Our buddies group is from metro Detroit.
Our annual trip this year is southwest michigan along the coast. 16 dudes. First week of July.
American Dunes, the Ravines (hopefully, cant make tee times yet), Hawkshead Links, and ending at Harbor Shores. Staying at some new cottages at HawksHead Links.

Really looking forward to American dunes and harbor shores.

Was hoping to do the new annual GR trip in June, not looking likely at the moment unfortunately.

Back