Michigan hackers, check in here

Played Treetops Jones Masterpiece yesterday (10/6). Beautiful weather and course was in excellent shape. So beautiful in the fall.
4599cb8b5821ca9026af16e1a7211b0d.jpg
bf435df50b000cca0c02065b76dc82dd.jpg
c2ade857564c9c1dd3303724f068b572.jpg
7d55178e1a2f4d64f97a74efbdba7ac8.jpg
0cee41df1fa8557b4020cfa800d1e56b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Damn that's pretty.

We are planning our annual trip, however we've decided to wait for the Golf Show in Novi before booking anything. Trying to see if the courses present will provide any deals for stay & plays.

Who has their buddies trips planned?
Our buddies group is from metro Detroit.
Our annual trip this year is southwest michigan along the coast. 16 dudes. First week of July.
American Dunes, the Ravines (hopefully, cant make tee times yet), Hawkshead Links, and ending at Harbor Shores. Staying at some new cottages at HawksHead Links.

Really looking forward to American dunes and harbor shores.

American Dunes was very disappointing. Hawkshead is fun probably my favorite of those listed. The Ravines is meh. Nothing spectacular but it’s an Arnold Palmer course so they charge whatever. Harbor Shores, lots of blind tee shots but definitely not a bad course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing we've got so far is 2 rounds and 1 night on Drummond Island that was a Group Golfer deal not long ago. Not sure if we'll make it part of our week long trip or just do it as a weekend thing.
I've never actually been to the Golf Show before. Are there deals to be had on trips better than you'll find normally?

Only thing we've got so far is 2 rounds and 1 night on Drummond Island that was a Group Golfer deal not long ago. Not sure if we'll make it part of our week long trip or just do it as a weekend thing.
I've never actually been to the Golf Show before. Are there deals to be had on trips better than you'll find normally?
They usually have some specific discounts for the Novi Golf Show. Can't say if they're better or not than other discounts that some courses offer. But, you can win free rounds at some local places, get discounted rounds and then the resorts usually offer discounted stay & plays, plus you can barter with them over their quoted prices on the spot.

American Dunes was very disappointing. Hawkshead is fun probably my favorite of those listed. The Ravines is meh. Nothing spectacular but it’s an Arnold Palmer course so they charge whatever. Harbor Shores, lots of blind tee shots but definitely not a bad course.

Interesting. Only two guys in our group have played A. Dunes and loved it.
What would you play in place of Ravines? We are staying at Hawkshead so we could go 36 at Hawkshead that day. Had planned on Ravines-Hawkshead for morning-afternoon of the same day. Beeches is right there too but I''ve heard that course is just average?

Appreciate the insight.

Interesting. Only two guys in our group have played A. Dunes and loved it.
What would you play in place of Ravines? We are staying at Hawkshead so we could go 36 at Hawkshead that day. Had planned on Ravines-Hawkshead for morning-afternoon of the same day. Beeches is right there too but I''ve heard that course is just average?

Appreciate the insight.

American Dunes is not a bad course, so don’t let me discourage you. I played American Dunes when it was still Grand Haven Golf Club and absolutely loved the course easily one of my favorites in west Michigan. Then they decided to redesign and removed 2000 trees from the property. But they didn’t seem to do anything with the extra space but put in waste bunkers. I waited 2 years for the redesign to open and I wasn’t impressed.

Do let me discourage you from the Ravines. Play the course and form your own opinion. Is an Arnold Palmer course so they think they can charge whatever they want (my CC owns the course). But if you are set on looking for another course, check out Diamond Springs. Great layout and easily one of the best green complex’s in west Michigan.

If you let me know the dates I could get you guys out at Thousand Oaks or Muskegon CC if I’m around.

American Dunes is not a bad course, so don’t let me discourage you. I played American Dunes when it was still Grand Haven Golf Club and absolutely loved the course easily one of my favorites in west Michigan. Then they decided to redesign and removed 2000 trees from the property. But they didn’t seem to do anything with the extra space but put in waste bunkers. I waited 2 years for the redesign to open and I wasn’t impressed.

Do let me discourage you from the Ravines. Play the course and form your own opinion. Is an Arnold Palmer course so they think they can charge whatever they want (my CC owns the course). But if you are set on looking for another course, check out Diamond Springs. Great layout and easily one of the best green complex’s in west Michigan.

If you let me know the dates I could get you guys out at Thousand Oaks or Muskegon CC if I’m around.

Your “cc” owns the ravines?
I think we are saving diamond springs for whenever we do Grand Rapids for our trip.

Your “cc” owns the ravines?
I think we are saving diamond springs for whenever we do Grand Rapids for our trip.

Yes the Country Club (owned by RedWater Collection) owns 6 private and 2 public courses. We get discounted rates at the Ravines and Thornapple Pointe. Even with the discounted rate I played it once last year. Every time I play there, I remember why I don’t like the course. Conditions are always good but the layout is meh and the play is always slow. But check it out and form your own opinion.

Just seeing who in here is from the Motor City/Motown/Metro Detroit/Southeast Michigan/Detoit area!? 😁

Be cool to link up and have a mini-tournament, outing, local course golf trip sort of thing (based off handicap, of course, haha) to make it competitive and fun. I know we've all been locked up all winter and the indoor simulators just aren't the same as the real thing.

If nobody can link up and play, which is perfectly fine in my book, it'd be cool to just get to know some of my fellow state mates on here. And if you're a State fan, Go Blue! 〽️ 😎

We already have a thread so for the sake of keeping things clean and those that have it bookmarked going to merge it there.

There are a couple of us from SE Michigan. I currently reside in Rochester. We used to have a group that would get together every so often but haven't in quite some time as many members come and go. I'd be down for a round....maybe June it will be warm enough haha

We already have a thread so for the sake of keeping things clean and those that have it bookmarked going to merge it there.
Thank you sir!

Just seeing who in here is from the Motor City/Motown/Metro Detroit/Southeast Michigan/Detoit area!? 😁

Be cool to link up and have a mini-tournament, outing, local course golf trip sort of thing (based off handicap, of course, haha) to make it competitive and fun. I know we've all been locked up all winter and the indoor simulators just aren't the same as the real thing.

If nobody can link up and play, which is perfectly fine in my book, it'd be cool to just get to know some of my fellow state mates on here. And if you're a State fan, Go Blue! 〽 😎
I play a number of times in Michigan and may be interested if times work out. I am from NW Ohio if that isn't a problem. 😁 Retired, so can usually be available.

I play a number of times in Michigan and may be interested if times work out. I am from NW Ohio if that isn't a problem. 😁 Retired, so can usually be available.
I guess it'll be okay... 😒 Haha! I wouldn't mind playing some Toledo area courses either.

Any of you played "The Lynx" in Otsego, MI? Group Golfer has a $32 deal on it right now. Website pics look nice, but you never know how old those are. Thanks.

Any of you played "The Lynx" in Otsego, MI? Group Golfer has a $32 deal on it right now. Website pics look nice, but you never know how old those are. Thanks.
Nope sorry have not

If nobody can link up and play, which is perfectly fine in my book, it'd be cool to just get to know some of my fellow state mates on here. And if you're a State fan, Go Blue! 〽 😎
Metro detroit here. Also a michigan fan.

I’m on the west side but always down to play.

Looking forward to golf this year...

Lost the love the last couple years... but I am looking forward to some golf this year!
I lost my love for golf over the last couple years too. Just thinking of getting back into it this year!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The lynx is a nice course. Can’t beat it at that price. Been a few years since I played it but has a little n. Michigan course feel with some elevation changes.

Anyone get out yet? Weather has not been great for early spring golf.

Back