Heading to Vegas with my wife on Sunday, and am really glad there is a location on the strip now. Probably just the scarcity principle being from the southeast, but I enjoy In-n-out when I can get to one.

In-n-Out is okay, but they are WAY overrated.

I don't think there is an In-N-Out place anywhere near me

Not missing anything, IMHO. Took my 15 yr old to an IN-N-Out in SoCal, and he said, "What's the big deal? It's not that good."

Not missing anything, IMHO. Took my 15 yr old to an IN-N-Out in SoCal, and he said, "What's the big deal? It's not that good."
but the "secret" menu!

I don't give a crap for anything you people say. I experienced burger joints back in my youth, I'm now 69, that would put these modern versions to shame! Back in the day, everything was better! We had a burger joint called Yum Yum Burger, that was incredible! This was well before McD's or BK's or anything else!

I don't give a crap for anything you people say. I experienced burger joints back in my youth, I'm now 69, that would put these modern versions to shame! Back in the day, everything was better! We had a burger joint called Yum Yum Burger, that was incredible! This was well before McD's or BK's or anything else!
No doubt in my my mind the accuracy of this post…they were probably also like 5 cents back then.

I’m from Jersey lol. In n Out is the stuff of legends over here, so we are told.

Meh. Nothing special really. Five Guys is better, to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always liked In N Out, but since we have had one in our town for the last several years, and can have it whenever I want, it's just not as special anymore.

Can't believe I am saying this because I have been anti Whataburger for the longest time, but I have grown to love them. The key with them is to find the right location to get a good one from. They are definitely not all created equal. Locations 5 miles apart can literally be night and day from each other.

Meh. Nothing special really. Five Guys is better, to me.

Not sure if you saw my earlier post about my first experience there this past weekend…incredibly underwhelmed. I was saying by reputation, it’s the stuff of legends over here on the east coast. Heck, I’d even take Wendy’s over In n Out any day of the week. But my personal favs for fast food chain burgers are Shake Shack and Smashburger, although I have no qualms with Five Guys.

In and out animal style is good. When people talk about favorite fast food, it's all relatively mediocre. None of them are great and in and out is the same. I don't know exactly what burger stop I would pick as my favorite but in and out would absolutely be in the running.

Not sure if you saw my earlier post about my first experience there this past weekend…incredibly underwhelmed. I was saying by reputation, it’s the stuff of legends over here on the east coast. Heck, I’d even take Wendy’s over In n Out any day of the week. But my personal favs for fast food chain burgers are Shake Shack and Smashburger, although I have no qualms with Five Guys.

Smashburger was definitely better. Unfortunately we only had one location here and it didn’t last very long. Still waiting for Shake Shack to come to this area. I hear they are very good.

Smashburger was definitely better. Unfortunately we only had one location here and it didn’t last very long. Still waiting for Shake Shack to come to this area. I hear they are very good.

Just like any chain, Shake Shack can be very good or very bad depending on location, but in no way is it a "mind blowing" experience. Their fries are overrated imo and the burgers are overpriced no doubt, but for my taste, they have the best quality patties.

I have had an In and out within walking distance of my house for 30 years, and have eaten there exactly 3 times. Animal style should be the main burger, not from a "secret" menu as that is the only way to eat that burger. The fries are so so. My oldest son lives in Virginia and has to eat there every time he comes to visit. Had a Whataburger in Georgetown last month and thought, pan fried burger, no thanks. 5 guys is also pan fried, and out of business now, so no thanks either.
The Habit for the win, but mostly on the Left coast.
Exactly two times per year I get a craving for Tommy's chili burgers, and spend the next 3 days trying to get the smell out of my car.

I have had an In and out within walking distance of my house for 30 years, and have eaten there exactly 3 times. Animal style should be the main burger, not from a "secret" menu as that is the only way to eat that burger. The fries are so so. My oldest son lives in Virginia and has to eat there every time he comes to visit. Had a Whataburger in Georgetown last month and thought, pan fried burger, no thanks. 5 guys is also pan fried, and out of business now, so no thanks either.
The Habit for the win, but mostly on the Left coast.
Exactly two times per year I get a craving for Tommy's chili burgers, and spend the next 3 days trying to get the smell out of my car.
Ah yes, the Tommy's chili burger. I do remember them from my days growing up in So Cal. Unfortunately, only the chili burger from the original Tommy's location ever did the trick. Anything else was a second rate imposter.

Ah yes, the Tommy's chili burger. I do remember them from my days growing up in So Cal. Unfortunately, only the chili burger from the original Tommy's location ever did the trick. Anything else was a second rate imposter.
"If you don't see the shack, take it back."
The one on Roscoe in the San Fernando Valley is good also. Burbank, good, Palmdale, crap for some reason.

For all of you saying In-N-Out is overrated you don't seem to be comparing it to actual fast food burgers. In my mind only Whataburger comes close when only looking at fast food burgers. When you say restaurants like 5 guys you aren't even having the same argument. Not that 5 guys is good. But it's a totally different comp.

Yes Habit burgers best in town. Had them in Port Hueneme. They opened s could places in Va. but now i watch what i eat. So it’s rare i I there.

In N Out's not bad, but it's not great either. It clearly tastes fresh but it's kind of bland. The #1 appeal for me is the low cost. #2 is the pink lemonade.

Now Whataburger is what makes grown men weep and angels sing. The sandwiches are huge and just loaded with all kinds of deliciousness. And Whataburger understands center of gravity... all their all time favorite sandwiches are built low and wide. Toppings don't go spilling everywhere while you try to eat it.

For all of you saying In-N-Out is overrated you don't seem to be comparing it to actual fast food burgers. In my mind only Whataburger comes close when only looking at fast food burgers. When you say restaurants like 5 guys you aren't even having the same argument. Not that 5 guys is good. But it's a totally different comp.

fast food burger places I'd go to before Innout within a couple miles

Whataburger
Sonic
Hat Creek
Wendys
JitB - only for the sourdough jack 🤤

then a dozen counter-service places that wouldnt be much longer to get in and out of.

Five guys
Freddys
Twisted Root
Fuddruckers
Whizzbangs
Dubl-r
health camp
cupps
the back counter at the chevron down the street

Last edited:
fast food burger places I'd go to before Innout within a couple miles

Whataburger
Sonic
Hat Creek
Wendys

then a dozen counter-service places that wouldnt be much longer to get in and out of.

Five guys
Freddys
Twisted Root
Fuddruckers
Whizzbangs
Dubl-r
health camp
cupps
the back counter at the chevron down the street
Wendy's?

Back