What is your biggest pet peeve while on the golf course?

Follow The Sun

Reaction score
Me: Golfers who do not take the time to repair their ball marks on the greens. Played yesterday and it was bad ...

Good Golfing ...

Last edited:
SLOW PLAY!

(I bet no one saw that one coming)

5+hour rounds!

Smokers, both cigarette and cigar smokers. Dropping their filth on the golf course.

After them, not fixing ball marks on the greens.
After them, not raking traps.
After them, courses not supplying sand/seed bottles to fix fairway divots.

Players who take too many practice swings or have excessively long pre-shot routines

Geese
1634137492317.jpeg

Unfixed ball marks, hate it.

3 people standing in a group. Player 1 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, marks it. joins group.

player 2 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, marks it. joins group.

player 3 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, taps in, back taps in after missing. joins group.

player 4 walks around putt, reads it, backs off, 7 practice strokes, plumb bob, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, marks it. joins group. Realizes he's still out, walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, taps in.

Player 1 walks around putt, reads it, putts, makes it, whooping and high 5s all around. Player 2 forgets he still has to putt.

player 2 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, picks up ball. joins group.

All 4 players head to edge of green to pick up a combined 9 clubs and 3 towels. finally put pin in. slowest guy left clubs on far side of green.

Not taking care of the greens (ball marks, sunflower seeds, tobacco spit, normal spit, sand from the bunkers, etc.)

Not having a marshal patrol the course while the courses preaches pace of play importance

People being late for tee times...... Their tardiness also reflects on me!

Twats that chuck their half chewed cigar butt on the green. I mean, come on!!!!

[/QUOTE]
3 people standing in a group. Player 1 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, marks it. joins group.

player 2 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, marks it. joins group.

player 3 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, taps in, back taps in after missing. joins group.

player 4 walks around putt, reads it, backs off, 7 practice strokes, plumb bob, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, marks it. joins group. Realizes he's still out, walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, taps in.

Player 1 walks around putt, reads it, putts, makes it, whooping and high 5s all around. Player 2 forgets he still has to putt.

player 2 walks around putt, reads it, putts, misses, stares at putt, makes unbelieving hand motion to group, picks up ball. joins group.

All 4 players head to edge of green to pick up a combined 9 clubs and 3 towels. finally put pin in. slowest guy left clubs on far side of green.
[/QUOTE]
This, from tee to green is the cause of slow play/5 hour rounds..

Just because you rented a cart doesnt mean when your cart partner is playing his shot, you can't grab 2 or 3 clubs and walk 50' to prep for your shot. LOL

Trash on the course. Like just int the middle of the fairway or off in the rough. Keep your damn garbage in your cart long enough to put it in the trash.

unfixed pitch marks on the green. good lord

Group behind hitting into you while waiting for the group in front of you

Biggest one - people who don’t repair pitch marks on the green. It boggles my mind how some people think it’s okay to just leave them.

In no particular order , but of equal irritation

1/ When social group of golfers stand around on or near first tee with no one on the first hole …..
[ Don’t wait , tee off even if it’s before your imminent tee time , when the first group go the rest of sheep follow ]

2/ As highlighted, fix any divots , indentation on greens and rake the sand in bunkers
[ Its problematic for every player that day and until the mark repairs or greenstaff do their magic]

3/ People in carts, they will tell you they are quicker than walkers, l have a mountain of evidence to the contrary, inviduals head to their ball and hit , the cart usually has to have long range tanks fitted to cover the several hundred kms it covers with people who hit balls to all parts of the course and some parts not on the course lol ]

4/ When you reach the 9th th hole and are about to commence the back 9, make your stop when you get refreshment or food , breif
[ your only half way and potentially holding up the in coming group or loosing touch with the group in front of you ]

to be cont …… hahahah

Poor etiquette, whether it be slow play, not fixing pitch marks or otherwise being completely oblivious to the fact that they're not the only ones on the course.

Fixing of ball marks & slow pre shot routines.

Poor etiquette, whether it be slow play, not fixing pitch marks or otherwise being completely oblivious to the fact that they're not the only ones on the course.
This ^

Rain.

I played 9 holes yesterday and followed a guy who was obviously pretty decent. I must have repaired 3 or 4 pitch marks on greens from his shots. Ignorant prick.

Even more so this time of year (in the UK) when the greens are all pretty soft.

Oh and yesterday on the first tee there was a guy who clearly wasn't very good, which is fine. Yet even though he looked and saw me hanging back on the path to the tee, waiting to start my round, he still hit three balls off the tee which all flew miles right. He went and picked two up, but still, if someone is waiting behind you don't hit multiple balls. Go to the range if you want to do that.

Back