LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2021 Titleist Experience

My imagination definitely got carried away. I was thinking rattlesnake bite, scorpions, shivs, coyotes. The true story of rushing to catch flights never entered my mind.
I'm just catching up now but because I got tagged earlier I knew the result and my imagination was doing the same thing. You're not the only one!

Now that I am settled at the airport & it’s time to but more closing thoughts on this experience. Hands down huge appreciation & thanks to @JB , @GolferGal & the crew at Titleist (Josh & Luke). To find a diamond in the rough course like Black Mesa is a true testament of your vision to have golfers experience some fantastic venues. This was a little atypical of not staying in a resort on the course, which allowed us to experience (authentic) New Mexico cuisine! El Parasol & Gabriel’s were clutch recommendations from Laurie! Well done and I’m not sure breakfast burritos & Mexican food will be the same back home in Florida.

Luke & Josh - it was so great to get to know the two of you over the past three days! Both your resumes are impressive & appreciate being fully open with us during the “Ask Us Anything” segment! The tips on the range & course will be put into use. Now the only dilemma is do I go with 9* or 11* of loft as Luke suggested?!?! It’s good to have choices so why not go with both drivers?!?!?
Can’t appreciate or say thank you enough for the sexy set of sticks that are now in the bag. Not only are they great to look at, but they are going to take my game to a new level & leave my buddies back home drooling leading them to purchase a set of their own. Hope that our paths cross again in the future!

Lastly if I was a betting man I would say the Titleist Experience will be back. So don’t hesitate to throw your name into it!!!

Last edited:
I’m not even sure where to begin. This was my 2nd THP and I don’t think it would matter how many a person has been to everyone would agree they are just special. It’s really hard to explain and if you sat back and looked at from a non THPer’s perspective some might think we are a bit crazy. Flying South from Canada to golf with a bunch of guys you have never met and you have to share a room with one of them? I still think my wife is unsure whether or not she should believe the whole situation.

First off I would like to thank @JB, @GolferGal, and Titleist (Josh & Luke) for making this possible. I was lucky enough to play against Luke on Thursday, it has been mentioned earlier he is a very good golfer. Just an all around great person to hang out with. I still think he took it easy on us that first day. Day 2 was a blast as I got to ride with Josh and just the conversation alone would have been enough for me. Again, another guy who is just great at golf and an absolute pleasure to hang out with.

As most that followed this thread and the prior Titleist experience thread know I got down here Tuesday night. I met up with @mmaynard11 Wednesday morning and headed for Black Mesa. I now see why he was a fan favourite on the forum leading up the event. Just an all around outstanding individual. I would also like to thank @J4U for lugging and extra set of irons for me to use during our practice round. I didn’t play with him during the event so very happy I got to play the practice round with him. For those of you who don’t know him boy can he pound the ball! @GoldenBuff was a great roommate, such a genuine human. Truly enjoyed sitting in the hotel room talking with him. Unfortunately he was the only guy I didn’t get to golf with this week so hopefully our paths will cross in the future. I had the pleasure to golf with both @Djack and @gbtrsc and it was great to meet and tee it up with you guys.

As for the golf course, it was unreal. The pictures posted truly do not do it justice. Just spectacular.

I was super impressed with the set of irons I was fit into. The t-100s are just an all around great club, feel is exceptional, distance and dispersion were great for me. I think my new favourite club is the 48* wedge. I used it anywhere from 125 and in, around the green is where it really shines for me. I didn’t get too many opportunities to hit the 4/5 t-200’s but when I did results were good even when I thought I miss hit them. Very glad I went with the combo set. Being from Canada my golf season has been over since mid-September and I’m not sure I can wait until May to get these things out again. A think a winter golf trip will need to happen. Sorry for the rambling and I will try and get some rounds in over the winter so I can do my part and review the irons but if I don’t I will guarantee I will update my experiences with them in the spring. Also, don’t sleep on the tsi4 driver. That thing is not scary to hit and I find it every bit as easy to hit as the tsi3. It hit a lot of fairways for me this week. Again I will apologize for leaving everyone hanging with my posting of the last group leaving green and saying it’s a wrap. The resulting pages asking for the results had both myself and @mmaynard11 laughing last, some truly funny post. I honestly didn’t even think about posting the results, there was some great golf played those 36 holes and it was fitting how it ended up. We all had already won by just participating. Supper last night was just icing on the cake. Thanks for following
Dude absolutely a pleasure! To say you had some unexpected curve balls need for you to get here & make sure you could get back to the land up north would have had me on nerves all week! You played your ball extremely well! It’s always sunny in Florida if your looking for a winter escape & some golf! The combo set is amazing & I wish I would have went 4i & 5i in the T200 vs only 4i. I may be adding a T200 5i to the bag soon.

You prob would not go up north just for a trip..there is plenty of golf in NM. Cochiti is the most underrated course in NM and probably in the southwest; UNM South is a great Course for a muni, Paako Ridge is one of the best around; Twin Warriors is fantastic desert golf; Towa and Marty Sanchez are excellent supplemental courses.

PInon has not been in good shape in ages - not worth a trip anymore.
UNM South/Championship is a really good course period. Toughest course in the area by a fair margin but also fun if you bring your A/B game. I have also become a huge fan of the 9 hole UNM North course - a nice tree-lined change of pace with great greens. I love playing two loops from different tees.

Paako gets all the headlines but honestly I prefer Black Mesa, Twin Warriors, and Cochiti to it. Especially when you consider the price tag. Haven’t played Marty Sanchez yet but am excited to get up there.

Two underrated courses in the area are Ladera (City of ABQ muni) and Paradise Hills. Definitely worth consideration to fill out an itinerary. I personally like all three of our 18 hole muni courses but would recommend Ladera first.

I want to thank each THPer that was part of this amazing few days. New clubs for all. More swag and a fun few days of golf.

Playing with the Titleist crew was a lot of fun and hopefully you got every aspect of equipment questions answered you had.

We are excited and looking forward to your honest feedback on the new clubs you chose and look forward to seeing you at a future experience.

From
First class all the way home to the back of the bus. This should be a new experience for me. 😂

From
First class all the way home to the back of the bus. This should be a new experience for me. 😂
That will just leave extra time for them to unload you new clubs 😬😂😂

That will just leave extra time for them to unload you new clubs 😬😂😂
That is the most important part as I have a short connection. Just received the notification they have been loaded on the plane.

So … we have Titleist fitting day at the club next week. Thanks to this thread, I’m looking forward to testing a T200/T100s combo and a … TSi4! What a great follow!

So … we have Titleist fitting day at the club next week. Thanks to this thread, I’m looking forward to testing a T200/T100s combo and a … TSi4! What a great follow!
Be prepared to be…

Great recaps and safe travels home fellas!

I want to thank each THPer that was part of this amazing few days. New clubs for all. More swag and a fun few days of golf.

Playing with the Titleist crew was a lot of fun and hopefully you got every aspect of equipment questions answered you had.

We are excited and looking forward to your honest feedback on the new clubs you chose and look forward to seeing you at a future experience.
Thanks again to you @JB For an awesome Experience. And a special thanks to @GolferGal for all of the organizing and support work!

This is SO convincing to get out on some crazy AZ golf.

Where are my AZ THPers? I'll bring a backup set of irons lmao
Southern Utah (St. George) and Mesquite will get you this, too. Come on out!

From

At least you have a new driver coming 😎

You name the date, brother and we'll take care of all the rest. Guaranteed good time with a great group of guys.

I was not able to use electronics for most of the day yesterday and got home late. Finished the thread just now. Five star experience to follow. It was amazing. THP, Titleist and the participants knocked it out of the park. Mother Earth did well, too. Congrats to all.

I'm just catching up now but because I got tagged earlier I knew the result and my imagination was doing the same thing. You're not the only one!

Damn. Sorry about that man. I got a little into the thread and didn’t stop to think you might not have been following live.

Damn. Sorry about that man. I got a little into the thread and didn’t stop to think you might not have been following live.
Oh gosh, no no it's not on you at all. I still enjoyed the journey even though I knew the outcome. That actually had me looking with a different eye as well, until the gif-off that was. Which was it's own humor.

Back