The 2022 Morgan Cup is Headed to Old Waverly and Mossy Oak

You land on the east coast and keep going south until you smell the fried gator. Then you turn a little West by southwest and keep going until you pass the land of 🍑 and sweet tea, making a stop once you hit an area that serves mostly catfish, cornbread and a bunch of fried goodness with lard.

That's how you get to Mississippi. If you need a guide just let me know, I'll road trip with you. :highfive:
OK, that sounds pretty reasonable. I'll just print that out, laminate it and I'll be there in no time. Great for the golf, terrible for the waistline...I can cope with that!

Wooah.

Woooooooah.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!!!

That looks absolutely out of this effing world! I wake up after a week in bed with the flu, and this is the announcement I get up to. I love every single thing about it, THP and Cobra obliterating the bar, let's go Hackers!!

Now....to figure out where Mississippi is, and how I get there....
Quick Google shows you can do it in around 17hrs of flights including stops :ROFLMAO:

Quick Google shows you can do it in around 17hrs of flights including stops :ROFLMAO:
I did have a quick look....Aberdeen to Amsterdam, to a couple of places and then to the destination. What could possibly go wrong..? :LOL:

Well I’m glad I woke up and still see this thread…for a second there I thought it might all have been a dream.

I did have a quick look....Aberdeen to Amsterdam, to a couple of places and then to the destination. What could possibly go wrong..? :LOL:
Nope, you take a direct flight to Louisville or Cincinnati to tee it with me and @DataDude and then head on south 😉

Nope, you take a direct flight to Louisville or Cincinnati to tee it with me and @DataDude and then head on south 😉
That works for me, soon as dates are announced we’ll book it in 🤘🏻

So cool! Loved reading about the courses in A Course Called America! Could go see a Miss State or Ole Miss ball game. Have the experience in November and y'all could go to the Egg Bowl between the two schools.

Awesome course right outside of Starkville…!!!
Yes I know Mississippi, my degree is from the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg. And I lived in Jackson for 4 years after College.

So cool! Loved reading about the courses in A Course Called America! Could go see a Miss State or Ole Miss ball game. Have the experience in November and y'all could go to the Egg Bowl between the two schools.
It will not be in November
But then again, college football is gross compared to this amazing experience. :)

Oh this is awesome news! I think I've been through Mississippi in the past heading elsewhere. I've been close to it, Memphis Tn, Slidell La...

And it's less than 500 miles from me. I've got several podcasts backed up, and a ton of songs in Amazon music to listen to. Let's roll!:ROFLMAO:

Oh! And bring a towel if it's in the summer. Mississippi humidity is just as bad as anywhere else in the South... hot and muggy.

But then again, college football is gross compared to this amazing experience. :)
If it’s in the summer, I’m going to need the participant’s BMIs before setting the odds…

If it’s in the summer, I’m going to need the participant’s BMIs before setting the odds…
:eek:not to mention two showers might be needed prior to meeting for dinner.

I'll sweat through and survive - the key to not dying in the south in the summer is to drink about 19 gallons of water a day. Luckily the last post I recall about the timing said fall, which may not be fall "enough" to save the hot and humid but it'll be better than noon day sun in July.

Wonder what airport he’ll be flying into?
I think it all depends where I am beforehand. A bit of logistical planning required!

I'll sweat through and survive - the key to not dying in the south in the summer is to drink about 19 gallons of water a day. Luckily the last post I recall about the timing said fall, which may not be fall "enough" to save the hot and humid but it'll be better than noon day sun in July.
Either way, coming from North East of Scotland in the autumn/early winter, I will feel the heat :LOL:

Well I’m glad I woke up and still see this thread…for a second there I thought it might all have been a dream.
Definitely an awesome announcement and huge excitement builder for 2022.

This looks amazing!!!
1635424455055.png

Wonder what airport he’ll be flying into?
It should be something then ATL then regional? It's fun to speculate but I have no actual idea - I would assume there will be at least 2 transfers but likely three. I've never gone from Europe to ATL though I assume that's possible?

I’ve been between the hedges, on the plains, and in Death Valley. I’ve heard Enter Sandman echo in the mountains and Script Ohio reverberate within the Shoe. I’ve seen Renegade charge down the field and waved hello to Touchdown Jesus.

None of those can come close to the Morgan Cup.

Back