Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Really interested in trying these!! Heard the turf interaction is possibly the best out there right now!

The turf interaction is fantastic. Although I've only played one set of clubs since 1995 when I took the zx5 out onto the course I could not believe the interaction with the turf

Whereas the pings would get caught up in the deeper rough the zx5 would cut right through. I enjoy hitting down into the ball and these Srixon just feel wonderful

You make me more and more excited to get mine in and get them on the course and in the dirt. Which wedges are you pairing with these when you take them out?
Me? I'm wedge crazy! 🤪 lol I played them with T22 today because I wanted to work those wedges on the zoysia. A lot of people like Zipcores with them. I'd probably pair them with the MG3's myself. Similar look from above. Straight front, angular, medium top. Go with whatever suits your eye and turf and feels man!

Me? I'm wedge crazy! 🤪 lol I played them with T22 today because I wanted to work those wedges on the zoysia. A lot of people like Zipcores with them. I'd probably pair them with the MG3's myself. Similar look from above. Straight front, angular, medium top. Go with whatever suits your eye and turf and feels man!

Yeah, I get it. I’m a bit wedge crazy myself. That and putters. Too many good options these days. Haha. MG3’s are the only wedge I have not tested yet of all the new releases. Currently have raw sm8, Honma tw21 and jaws. Tested the T22 a couple of days ago and ways very impressed. Will need to give the MG3’s a shot.

Sorry, did not mean to hikack the thread. Zx7’s arrive on Monday!

I'm sure I will have to look at wedges to to finish my bag. I can just tell comparing my Ping Zing sand wedge to the zx5 aw at Topgolf, The Ping Zing really doesn't leave much of a mark where as the aw takes part the golf ball off and gets stuck in the groove. Now that's some bite

I'm sure I will have to look at wedges to to finish my bag. I can just tell comparing my Ping Zing sand wedge to the zx5 aw at Topgolf, The Ping Zing really doesn't leave much of a mark where as the aw takes part the golf ball off and gets stuck in the groove. Now that's some bite

The laser micro milling on Srixon and Cleveland is sooooo good. The best around IMO, they grip like mad.

Gotta admit, I'm still a little drunk on the ZeXy feels from yesterday. And 2 different buddies just finished darn good rounds with them. I had thought about getting my wife into some Srixon earlier this year and it just didn't work out. I might have to push a littler harder on that this winter or leading into the spring. I honestly think these clubs make better players. I've said that before, and I forget about it periodically, but I still believe it's true.

Old and Stiff... uh huh. Who's that swinging the club, your grandson? ;)
Gotta admit, I'm still a little drunk on the ZeXy feels from yesterday. And 2 different buddies just finished darn good rounds with them. I had thought about getting my wife into some Srixon earlier this year and it just didn't work out. I might have to push a littler harder on that this winter or leading into the spring. I honestly think these clubs make better players. I've said that before, and I forget about it periodically, but I still believe it's true.
You ain’t too old and you ain’t stiff if you are hammering that 7 iron 186 yds for a bird.

Good day with the ZX7's. I think one of the things that impress me the most with these is the distance control I have with them. Put me in-between distances and I could go with either club and still hit the distance easily enough by adjusting the swing. I have never had any issues holding a green with these irons at all.

You ain’t too old and you ain’t stiff if you are hammering that 7 iron 186 yds for a bird.
Uh, excuse me. That was a 1'9'6. #SrixonPower And I maintain at home, and the internet, (but mostly at home) that I am, in fact, the stiffest guy I know. :LOL:

After reading this thread, took the ZX7s out again, and put them in the bag for tomorrow's round. Hit them at the range and once again fell in love with the feel.

I've been playing the JPX 921 forged for the past year because I'm worried about my skills and thought I need the extra forgiveness but it's time to just do this.

Went to a quick range session and absolutely striped these clubs, and they really feel way better than the Mizuno's. Weirder, i seem to hit the middle better with these clubs.

Either way, it's time to step to the plate and put these in the bag. They have the feel and the performance I've been searching for.

Ok, these are staying in the bag. They feel so good, my ball striking was great.

A few yards shorter than the JPX 921 Forged but not a lot. Basically using the same clubs for the same distance, minus 2-3 yards.

I'm not sure if these fit my eye better but i pured these. I'm not as old and stiff as some, ahem, but i hit a 5 iron, with a helping breeze 4 feet past a pin from 195 yards for my birdie putt.

One thing I'm not sure of: did i really strike these pure (i think I did) or did these feel so good even when I was off a little bit, so i don't know where my mishit was. Time will tell i guess.

But right now they are my gamers.

Uh, excuse me. That was a 1'9'6. #SrixonPower And I maintain at home, and the internet, (but mostly at home) that I am, in fact, the stiffest guy I know. :LOL:
Ok, these are staying in the bag. They feel so good, my ball striking was great.

A few yards shorter than the JPX 921 Forged but not a lot. Basically using the same clubs for the same distance, minus 2-3 yards.

I'm not sure if these fit my eye better but i pured these. I'm not as old and stiff as some, ahem, but i hit a 5 iron, with a helping breeze 4 feet past a pin from 195 yards for my birdie putt.

One thing I'm not sure of: did i really strike these pure (i think I did) or did these feel so good even when I was off a little bit, so i don't know where my mishit was. Time will tell i guess.

Since I clean my club face after every shot I'm always noticing where the hit is, not hard to tell with a little bit of grass stain or ball stain

Since I clean my club face after every shot I'm always noticing where the hit is, not hard to tell with a little bit of grass stain or ball stain
Gonna do some post round forensic work and see what I can find.

They let you know if and when and where you miss. There's no overt tech or material (TPU, or similar) to really mask it. The perimeter weighting offers some forgiveness, but they don't really feel like they've been mashed when they haven't, so you were probably striking them pretty well. (y)

They let you know if and when and where you miss. There's no overt tech or material (TPU, or similar) to really mask it. The perimeter weighting offers some forgiveness, but they don't really feel like they've been mashed when they haven't, so you were probably striking them pretty well. (y)
That's good to hear. I basically played a round with them after 4 months of not touching them and forgot how good they felt.

I'm sure I'll feel it eventually, just got lucky this round.

Too right you are. I can always tell by ball flight or distance where I hit it on the face but it's always nice to have a backup with visual

I’m a little late to the Srixon party. Zx7’s are the first set I’ve ever owned. I had a set earlier in the summer, but the heads were b weighted heads and the swing weights were way too light. So I had to move them along. Never got to take them to the course. Fast forward to now and I just received my set over the weekend. All I can say is I’m impressed. Testing them indoors is one thing. Getting them in the dirt, they really come alive. Can’t wait I to get them out for their first round this weekend.

Got these out today for a really fun round. Man do these just flat out perform. So good through the turf. This is my first real round with them. Already a lot of trust. I’m adjusting to the feel, looks at address and such, but overall very satisfied! I need to adjust the lie angles as I was hitting quite a few shots left, which is very unusual for me.
Really soft feel, powerful ball flight and plenty of spin. What a wonderful iron!

I was just fitted into a set of ZX5s this weekend with project X LZ shafts. Quite surprising to be honest. They performed the best for me, mizuno hot metal was second. I did not want a set of super jacked up loft irons, so happy these are very mildly jacked. I must say I think I am more pleased with finding the LZ shafts more than the ZX5s. I can swing easy with those and get 10-15 mph more ball speed than my old ping G10s. Just need to make sure they get on the Santa list now.

Had a fun day with the ZX7's. Only 8 GIR but I hit quite a few shots that where just dead on line to my target and came up a bit short as the cold temps and hitting into the wind. The greens I did hit, the ball reacted as expected and had minimal rollout and where nice and high shots.
Turf interaction in the dormant zoysia is just excellent, cuts through it with ease.

I wonder if we will be hearing about the replacement line soon? If I’m not mistaken and Srixon stays on the recent release cycle the irons should be out in 2022?

I wonder if we will be hearing about the replacement line soon? If I’m not mistaken and Srixon stays on the recent release cycle the irons should be out in 2022?
I had the 765's and those where great, 785's fell short IMO, ZX7's are amazing. I will keep these and be happy as a clam.

Back