Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I wonder if we will be hearing about the replacement line soon? If I’m not mistaken and Srixon stays on the recent release cycle the irons should be out in 2022?
If they stay on their recent schedule it will be late 2022, and overseas first. U.S. in start of 2023.

I wonder if we will be hearing about the replacement line soon? If I’m not mistaken and Srixon stays on the recent release cycle the irons should be out in 2022?
That would be great. I could pick up a set of this generation for a song...and an arm and leg.:sneaky:

With all the shot tracking data talk on the forum of late, I decided to do a quick comparison with my ZX5 and the previous irons that I've used. What you see is is the Arccos Smart range based on the last 100 shots with each of these irons... Srixon ZX5. Ben Hogan PTxPro. Ping G410. After a 16+ year lay off from golf I restarted my passion for the game with the Pings. I was a high capper. I was fortunate to attend a THP experience and got the PTxPros. my cap at the time I got the Hogans was 25.5 and went up to a high of 26.4 then dropped to an all time low of 18.8 with them. Then I was fit for the Srixons. I'm holding at a 19.1.

The ZX5s I have bent 1 deg weak for gapping and peak height purposes. The distance dispersion jumps out to me. I'm just so much more consistent with these irons. Even in the "players distance" category as a high capper. I couldn't be more pleased.

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 10.08.20 AM.png

Oaky I want a set of these.
0188EE3B-3904-4603-8784-BAE6C52B69C6.jpeg

Now I would be interested to have those in my hands to look at that finish - wonder if they could do the Z-Forged like that as well.....? :unsure:
Those could look really slick I bet!!!

Oaky I want a set of these.
View attachment 9045189

I'll love it! Thanks for posting this!! I just happen to have a new set of ZX7/5's on the way and have already sent The Golf Garage an email asking for a quote. 3 of the 8 irons are sitting in my locker at the club and the other 5 should be in within a week or so. I've always wanted my irons to really be special and this is more than special. :)

I'll love it! Thanks for posting this!! I just happen to have a new set of ZX7/5's on the way and have already sent The Golf Garage an email asking for a quote. 3 of the 8 irons are sitting in my locker at the club and the other 5 should be in within a week or so. I've always wanted my irons to really be special and this is more than special. :)
Definitely let us know that would be very cool!!!!!

Hey guys,

I currently game the Zx5s, but am going to order the zx7s in 8-PW.
I hit my zx5 8i ~150

Do I need to bend the Zx7 a degree stronger to hit that 150 mark?

Just curious what most people do when they blend (or what srixon recommends).
So how is the new set-up with the ZX7 in the mix now?

Definitely let us know that would be very cool!!!!!

$65 per club for that finish but I think I have found a local guy that will do it for $45 per club. I’m getting them done in December.

At that price I hope the finish lasts...

At that price I hope the finish lasts...

Graphite shafts can easily run $45 per club so I don’t see it as too crazy. I paid $1020 for the 8 irons so it brings them up to $1,380.

$65 per club for that finish but I think I have found a local guy that will do it for $45 per club. I’m getting them done in December.
That’s awesome. Can’t wait to see the whole set.

Everything hurts + I want to play tomorrow = me thinking about these irons with their soft feels and cushy grips.

I don't think there is any shot that you can't achieve with these irons. See it, commit and execute.
While I had a bad day with the round of golf, the irons still performed well.

The ZX7 feel how an iron is supposed to feel. I never regret bringing these things out. So much fun. Please Srixon, change almost nothing except the top line on the next go around.

The ZX7 feel how an iron is supposed to feel. I never regret bringing these things out. So much fun. Please Srixon, change almost nothing except the top line on the next go around.

Love that sound...

Back