Off Course: Tee It Forward vs Skill It Backward

The Puma Deltas are high on my list for new shoes.

Agree with Jman on Footjoy but I like the oxford look. My daughters gave me a pair of Footjoy Traditions for Father's Day. They are very comfortable and the all white is fantastic looking.

Agree with Jman on Footjoy but I like the oxford look. My daughters gave me a pair of Footjoy Traditions for Father's Day. They are very comfortable and the all white is fantastic looking.
I haven't even tried ON a pair of Footjoys in ages. They seemed like they were lost in their own shuffle.

Apparently I need to give them another look.

Just got to the beginning of apparel talk on my way to work this morning. Excited to hear EVERYTHING about it when I fire it up to go back home!

Last edited:
Whoa, Jman, those Bad Birdie shirts have some wild patterns.
I haven't even tried ON a pair of Footjoys in ages. They seemed like they were lost in their own shuffle.

Apparently I need to give them another look.
I like them more than Ignite Pwradapts. They're more comfortable and don't have the mesh you mentioned that gets so dirty so quickly. Right now, my rotation is the FJs and Puma Proadapts.

I am a YUGE TRUE Linkswear fan. Their new line of shoes are legit! All I've wore for the past 7 years.

Great pod, guys! It is always informative and entertaining.

I am a YUGE TRUE Linkswear fan. Their new line of shoes are legit! All I've wore for the past 7 years.

True’s are ok, some are excellent, others are a miss.

Whoa, Jman, those Bad Birdie shirts have some wild patterns.

I like them more than Ignite Pwradapts. They're more comfortable and don't have the mesh you mentioned that gets so dirty so quickly. Right now, my rotation is the FJs and Puma Proadapts.
I like me some BRIGHT! :LOL:

That tee box sign obviously doesn't work with every course, but it could work where its at. There's going to be exceptions to every rule. I play with old guys who would be hurt moving back a box, but there's also old guys in our group who hit the ball further than I do. Also, the only real difference at our course is on par 3s and par 5s. A lot of our par 4s might have five yards difference between two tees.

True’s are ok, some are excellent, others are a miss.

@Jman, there are a few of their models that I would not where on the course for sure. I have always enjoyed the originals and their variants of that.

@Jman, there are a few of their models that I would not where on the course for sure. I have always enjoyed the originals and their variants of that.
I’ve had a really good experience with the OG’s, and a really bad one.

I’ve had a really good experience with the OG’s, and a really bad one.

The OG's are what I am wearing now and have had good luck with them. Their CS team has always been pretty helpful. Appreciate you being on the pod this morning since it wasn't live.... where there any Kraken sightings like this?

Awesome episode. Im all in on some two hour episodes.
I do wish courses around here would have some hybrid tee layout where the par 5's could remain longer and there were a few shorter par 3's.

I may have to take back a lot of my comments about the tee it forward/skill it back convos. I’m not Internet long, but you give me a shot at a 310 yard par 4 and I’m pulling driver and we’re gonna find out what happens. But as you two were talking it made me realize something.

By the distance criteria I do tee it forward. By the score criteria I tee it further back because it’s more fun when i’m not waiting because I’m pulling driver on that short par 4 while the group in front finishes up their double bogeys. Driver X 28 is not something I’d ever choose to do willingly. That just sounds painful and the math seems wrong. Also, agree on CloudSpun.

Listening now, and enjoyed the tee discussion. Golf IQ is a great term that sums up tee choice (and the rest of golf?) so well.

Listening now, and enjoyed the tee discussion. Golf IQ is a great term that sums up tee choice (and the rest of golf?) so well.
It’s a great way to phrase it imo, doesn’t mean I have it all the time though. :LOL:

Great broadcast on Tee it Forward. According to most charts I should be playing from around 4,200 yds. There's not a course here that is less than 4,800 unless I play the only remaining executive course or stick to Par 3 courses.

I listened to some of this today. I just wanted to share that, because as someone who doesn't podcast, I rarely do.

Loved the mixed tees mention/part of the tee discussion. Wish more courses would have mixed tees rated. It just makes so much sense and is a great way to gap divides in distance and skill on tee choice and let everyone enjoy their round. At every course I play some of the happiest golfers are people that play mixed tees. Not rated, not worried about it, just know it's often the best way to have a good time. (y)

I am so glad many have enjoyed the conversation, and am fully entertained by how some flocked to the apparel talk, and others dug their teeth into the distance discussion.

Awesome that we could hit on topics for every interest.

True Linkswear are great shoes. They have a small following here (myself included), but don’t get a lot of love. I think they’re not as trendy as a lot of the other shoes, no Internet golfer cred for wearing them.

Can’t wait for the shorts episode. Want to be clear here that you are talking about shorts and not those terrible 10.5 inseam things that almost hang to your knees. Those are called jorts, a cross between joggers and shorts. Don’t believe the Jman would go for those😃

Back