Should Canadan Play Blades in 2022

Butter knives

• Hell yes, finally, ugh why did it take so long, blah blah

Votes: 73 61.9%
  • No, tech is fun, play tech

Votes: 45 38.1%

• Total voters
I’d say yes, especially if you’re going combo set!

Yea I’m going to learn a bunch from this thread. In my fitting last year the fitter pretty much advised I go with the most workable club I could hit consistently (because my game was improving) which is very different than a lot of the discussion on THP.
Wow. That's ballsy from a fitter. Most go the easier route. Must have seen a lot of growing potential in you! Hitting it consistently is obviously goal #1, but after that I just generally ask people trying something if they feel like they have more control (over outcomes) with what's in their hands, or less. That pretty much tells me everything I need to know if it's a good match for them.

The last part, how it’s different from here
Considering I’m playing decade old irons, perhaps I need to take a step back as it seems I am in over my head.

Considering I’m playing decade old irons, perhaps I need to take a step back as it seems I am in over my head.
Nah. I’m just asking how it’s very different than the conversation here on THP?

Life is too short to play blades. Use the most forgiving you can stand looking at. I have not read the thread, so maybe my opinion is redundant

I think you meant how the general push is to play the most forgiving irons you can stand to look at? Am I right? That's why I said it was ballsy of that fitter to go the other way a bit. Most go as forgiving as possible, even if it's against the best interest of the player. I have no problem with people playing whatever they want forgiving or otherwise, but I don't think there's one right philosophy on that. Plenty of people ultimately hit more forgiving irons worse and obviously vice versa. I think it's kind of cool he focused on consistency and then your ability to work off that.

Also, Dan is consistent, and needs blades because awesome. :p

Life is too short to play blades. Use the most forgiving you can stand looking at. I have not read the thread, so maybe my opinion is redundant

life is too short to NOT dabble with blades! :love: #hotness

Wouldn’t it be the opposite? Life is too short to play the most forgiving irons. :LOL:;)

I just found this thread, its 10 pages deep, I'm sure there is a bunch of witty replies and sound advice and... I DON'T CARE!
Just play blades and get it over with! Throw caution and all technology to the wind! Sound and feel is all that is important! Work the ball both ways is the best way to score! Lay up off the tee on all short par 4's! Play angles to pins! Keep the ball below the hole, even if it means being farther away!

I'm now exhausted. Good luck Canadan.

I just found this thread, its 10 pages deep, I'm sure there is a bunch of witty replies and sound advice and... I DON'T CARE!
Just play blades and get it over with! Throw caution and all technology to the wind! Sound and feel is all that is important! Work the ball both ways is the best way to score! Lay up off the tee on all short par 4's! Play angles to pins! Keep the ball below the hole, even if it means being farther away!

the man has spoken

I love you Vrska. So much. :LOL:

Voting no right now. Partially because I think the tech is fun. Partially because I continuing "softcap" discussions (would he continue to be soft capped? How would blades impact Canadan eventhough he has game for them?), and partially - what fun are blades when there are so many other options out there that can act like blades??

This poll is a lot closer then I thought it would be!

Wouldn’t it be the opposite? Life is too short to play the most forgiving irons. :LOL:;)
Is that the same reasoning we used to use at the club?? Take a shot at the smokeshow (12) knowing you can always be successful with the 6? Play the blades and then you can go back and hit the tech when you strike out?

Is that the same reasoning we used to use at the club?? Take a shot at the smokeshow (12) knowing you can always be successful with the 6? Play the blades and then you can go back and hit the tech when you strike out?
EXACTLY! :LOL:

No. Golf is more fun with more forgiveness.

I married the 12. What now?

Blades. That what.

You now have the best response in these 10 pages :LOL:

Eh. Debatable.

Give me G425 irons, I’m not gonna have fun.
Give me Ricky Fowler blades and I am definitely not having fun. 😉

Back