The Official Tiger Woods Thread

supposedly they are holding a spot for him.
IT would be remarkable to say the least...I don't recall if they used carts in that event, but would assume they would allow it for Tiger?

IT would be remarkable to say the least...I don't recall if they used carts in that event, but would assume they would allow it for Tiger?

I think some of the older guys have used carts for it. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue since it's not a sanctioned PGA Tour event.

Its Tiger, they would let him use a cart and wheel him up to the ball on a refrigerator dolly if he wanted.

Its Tiger, they would let him use a cart and wheel him up to the ball on a refrigerator dolly if he wanted.

i volunteered to push the dolly but Wardy already had the job locked up.

One day…the question everyone wants to know is when.

Tiger would not come back if he didn’t believe he was capable of elite play.
He will come back and get #83 within 2 years.

This interview made me happier than is acceptable for a non-child

Did anybody read that lame ass statement TW put out on the current protests against police brutality? Clearly trying to protect his brand. Not a good look for TW . He'll never be confused with Muhammad Ali or Jim Brown but TW could have been more forceful and to the point addressing systemic racism.

You mean the riots and looting?

Same here! And I think the same. Can never count the Big Cat out!

+1! I was super duper excited lol

Rumor is he might give it a go this week. I'm not sure I'm buying that. I'd think if that were the case we'd have seen a little more than just that little wedge swing video. But man I can't wait to listen to that press conference tomorrow. Golf is still more exciting when Tiger Woods is in the conversation.

Interview on CNN with Tiger, He announced his days of being a Full Time golfer are over.
The Majors and maybe a couple others. We gotta be happy to at least see him a little.

Rumor is he might give it a go this week. I'm not sure I'm buying that. I'd think if that were the case we'd have seen a little more than just that little wedge swing video. But man I can't wait to listen to that press conference tomorrow. Golf is still more exciting when Tiger Woods is in the conversation.

In this golf.com interview, he said that he doesn't have the endurance yet for a tournament. The walking, etc.

I found the interview very interesting especially the conversation around how he’s helping Charlie develop his own course skills and thought process around shots, shaping and getting over a bad shot.

Given what he said I would not expect that he might play in the upcoming tournament with the father and son as long as he could take a cart. It would give Charlie more exposure to pressure which I think Tiger feels is a good thing to grow his game to a higher level.

Bearing in mind how Tiger broke his leg, would giving him a cart be a good idea?

Thanks for posting the full video @ddec I had been seeing little clips here and there around social media but wasn't sure where to find the whole thing. It was great listening to Tiger talk about his journey. Hearing how strong his desire was/is just to hold a club and hit some shots was inspiring.

I'm not sure I 100% believe Tiger when he says "I don't think I have to compete against the greatest players in the world to have a good life." While it's certainly true that most people don't have to compete at that level to be satisfied the Tigers, Jordans, Kobes, etc are built differently. I think he does believe that right now and that's because he has to. He's got too much of a competition with himself and his leg right now to think any different. There will come a point in time (hopefully) that he will win the competition with his body. If/when he does I don't think he's 100% satisfied being Charlie's coach.

I really enjoyed this interview. It's always fun getting a peek behind the curtain of how a GOAT's mind works. Very motivating as well. Gotta go, I really have no excuse to keep procrastinating on doing this workout I really don't want to do. ;)

I just want the guy to have a happy, healthy life where he can enjoy being a dad to his kids. If he only plays a few times per year, more power to him.

In this golf.com interview, he said that he doesn't have the endurance yet for a tournament. The walking, etc.

oh yeah I don't really anticipate it happening. Just some late-night rabbit hole reading.

Listening to the press conference, I will be shocked if we see Tiger in a 4day tour event before next year at the earliest. He is clearly still hurting and recovering. He has mentioned "teeing it forward" because he has lost some distance

Listening to the press conference, I will be shocked if we see Tiger in a 4day tour event before next year at the earliest. He is clearly still hurting and recovering. He has mentioned "teeing it forward" because he has lost some distance

a part of the interview I saw he said the leg will never be the same again....sounds like he's an extreme long shot to ever really compete again

I'd agree that Tiger is one of those guys who won't be happy unless he's competing. He's just too driven.

Right now rehab gives him an outlet for that, to basically compete against his own body and injuries. He'll win that battle and recover, but even he admits it won't be to a PGA level. And then once that ends, I'm curious to see where he chooses to take his life from there. A cushy TV gig isn't him. He is an intensely private guy, but just pulling up the drawbridge and disappearing from public life doesn't seem like him either.

Saw this today:D:D:D

1639105092607.png

Prepare to be disappointed.
I have a selfish reason for wanting this. I bet $200 that Tiger would get a top 10 again within 2 years.
In reality, golf is better with Tiger aka GOAT but I understand he will not be around forever.

Back