Does Color Influence You?

I think it was very smart for cobra to offer the driver head choices they did last couple years.

The callaway customs stuff is nice but too much for me pricewise.
I agree. Cobra doesn't get near enough credit for these options they give consumers.

Last edited:
It doesn’t bother me. When I’m standing over the ball I do prefer matte finish over glossy finish but the overall colors on the club don’t bother me. When it comes to irons and wedges, I also prefer a frosted or matte finish. I’ve played a few rounds where the sun hits the chrome and nearly blinds me

Why do you think that is?
I relate it a lot to sound, yet people say they will overcome or not care, but color is completely different.

I am not saying I cannot or have not moved past it. But, It is the first thing you see. Its the cover of the book. I know its silly but it still matters. The color and design of the bottom of the club sets the tone, and can either make a really good driver feel classy and worth the coin drop, or it can make it seem cheaper than intended..

Color is important yes. Badging is as well.

I am not saying I cannot or have not moved past it. But, It is the first thing you see. Its the cover of the book. I know its silly but it still matters. The color and design of the bottom of the club sets the tone, and can either make a really good driver feel classy and worth the coin drop, or it can make it seem cheaper than intended..
I agree with you completely. Its funny how visual tech matters so much in terms of metal woods and then many players go to irons and it has to be the exact opposite.

Color and finish have a huge impact on my choices. I would say it’s more related to drivers/woods than irons but if an iron has a lot of color and busy cavity I won’t even consider them

I agree with you completely. Its funny how visual tech matters so much in terms of metal woods and then many players go to irons and it has to be the exact opposite.
Do you feel it's visual tech? Or more the metal woods are the big sticks and we want them to look big?

I think color makes a difference IF you can see it, and IF there are other similar or comparable options. Don't much care what the color is on the bottom of the club as long as I don't have to have the headcover and bag to match ;) Also, if you are hitting 2 drivers and they are very similar in their results then you take the one that is more aesthetically pleasing. If the one has very noticeable and better results even though I may not totally like the color I'll still get the one with better results.

Do you feel it's visual tech? Or more the metal woods are the big sticks and we want them to look big?
Based on forum feedback, I think its visual tech and colors.

I agree. Covra doesn't get near enough credit for these options they give consumers.
I disagree, but only because they offered terrible color choices IMO. It blows my mind that brands don’t offer something more neutral and then have custom options for those that want wild colors.

Colors matter to me a lot. I can’t stand to look at neon colors on golf clubs. Some color can look good. Some that come to mind are Srixon with mostly black heads with a touch of red. Or the TM SIM line with blue accents. But the neon orange, green, and yellow offerings coming out of Cobra and Callaway are too over the top for me.

The upcoming pea coat offering from Cobra would be so much better if the colors were on the bottom only with a black crown. The blue crown is going to be as polarizing as the gold/orange on the other option.

Based on forum feedback, I think its visual tech and colors.
Fair. I'm in that camp. I didn't go T200 because of the weird looking button but on woods colors and highlights, assuming its colors that fit my eye, don't bother me.

it's there. It's not the deciding factor, but when I look at some clubhead with colors that don't jive with me, that club isn't going to be one of the first brought into the hitting area.

Not much really, unless it's a butt ugly color. It's more about the shape and feel for me

If the shape is right but the color is wrong......im out. If the shape is wrong but the color is right, ill still give it a few swings to see.

Color plays a massive role in aesthetics and thus whether i like the look of it behind the ball or not.

Yeah for sure. I love Titleist's color scheme with the red and the black. I don't want to play a green driver if I can help it.

Really for me on the top of the driver/FW that is about it.

I couldn't care less what the bottom of the club looks like

Colors are weird to me. Sometimes I like bold colors (see my Nike Covert and Vapor Fly comment above) and other times I very much dislike how they are done. Like the yellow in Cobra Speedzone or the orange of the Callaway Mavrik. Those two just didn't mesh with me. I have nothing against yellow or orange. I thought the yellow of the F9 was fantastic but couldn't get behind the SZ. Then the orange of the Mavrik...Well I think I had more complaints about the headcover than I did the actual driver color :LOL:

I would say color does not play a huge role in my decision making process. I prefer a matte finish, but the color can really be quite a few options. I’ve played black, white, and blue drivers. After the initial hit with the club, I don’t usually think about the color.

None at all. I would rock pink clubs with purple polka dots if that is what works.

Nope! If it works and I can afford it…who cares!🤷‍♂️

None at all. I would rock pink clubs with purple polka dots if that is what works.
But would you pick them up to find out if they worked?

Its silly.. But when you walk into a gof store how are all the woods displayed?

I think color is a factor in what I think about a club, but it’s not a decisive factor in choosing if I would play the club…

It could.
If I really hated the color, the club would have to have perfect fit metrics and specs, which doesn't occur often, for me to consider it .

Back