Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges

I'm gonna have to try these.

I've been waiting for this release. Got new irons with stronger lofts and need a 54 to fill a gap. This should be perfect.

How does the size compare to the CBX2? While the Zipcore and CBX2 and close and both look good at address in my opinion, the size increase on the CBX2 was noticeable
I didn't think it was all that noticable at address, thats interesting. You talking address, or sole/holding the head in hand? Because at address historically the CBX, CBX2, and now CBX Zipcore look almost identical to my CBX's and RTX 4's with just SLIGHT differences.

I'm the opposite. Makes a lot of sense to combine them though and I can't imagine they won't be good.
This. Its super logical for them to have been combined. The CBX's work for 95% of those that try them, if not more.

Also, I have a 60 in hand. Testing has commenced and we will be doing a full review. I'll get some in hands up this evening.

CBX wedges are probably the best wedges available today! 75% of the golfing population should be playing them!

I'm one of the few that didn't get along with the ZipCores, but this progression makes total sense to me. These are gonna help a ton of golfers.

Another interesting release from Cleveland. To me, there is nothing wrong with forgiveness in a golf club or specifically in a wedge.

Plenty of life left in my CBX2's but these will probably replace them down the road.
This is where I'm at too. I'm on there every other year cycle for replacing my wedges

@Jman any mention of a dark finish option now or at a later date ?
These look great but prefer the dark look of my CBX Full Faces.

by the way I think these are the best looking of the 3 gens. Glad they went away from the blue and red accents of prev gens

I've been waiting for these. It just seemed like the natural progression
Does your CBX have a graphite shaft? I’m pretty sure I hated it, and I’m hoping that’s why, because these make way too much sense for me.

@Jman any mention of a dark finish option now or at a later date ?
These look great but prefer the dark look of my CBX Full Faces.

by the way I think these are the best looking of the 3 gens. Glad they went away from the blue and red accents of prev gens
Likely a later date. That’s an assumption on my part though. I’d bet we eventually see a full face too.

Does your CBX have a graphite shaft? I’m pretty sure I hated it, and I’m hoping that’s why, because these make way too much sense for me.

Nope my CBX has steel. My old RTX3 CB had a graphite shaft.

Also….44 degree option was a BRILLIANT move.

Ha, now I’m thoroughly confused. Maybe I’ll just go right ahead and order these…

Wasn't a fan of that one, to be honest. The club felt loose, if that makes any sense.

Wasn't a fan of that one, to be honest. The club felt loose, if that makes any sense.

I get that. I like that they went away from the CB model wedges and went in the CBX direction.

That 44 degree is already calling my name! Being a CBX2 owner I find these very interesting.

EggNog chipping contest this weekend?
The only real question here is garage, basement, or living room?

44° 48° 52° and 56° peaks my interest here. Enough eggnog/Jameson, I’d consider going real nuts and adding a 60°

I didn't think it was all that noticable at address, thats interesting. You talking address, or sole/holding the head in hand? Because at address historically the CBX, CBX2, and now CBX Zipcore look almost identical to my CBX's and RTX 4's with just SLIGHT differences.
At address, and maybe not bigger per-say but maybe just how the shaping hit my eye. To be clear, neither was off-putting.

I noticed it more after I have been gaming the RTX Zipcore a bit and then went back to test the CBX2 when the black ones were starting to go on sale.

(I really want to add some black wedges to the stable :unsure:)

I am super curious to see how a cavity-backed 60* plays. IME, the normal 60* gets very inconsistent on full shots because the steep face has such a small sweet spot. The best 10 yard flops I've ever hit came when I was swinging for 50.

A more forgiving LW that plays on full swings could be a SUPER ton of dumb fun.

I am super curious to see how a cavity-backed 60* plays. IME, the normal 60* gets very inconsistent on full shots because the steep face has such a small sweet spot. The best 10 yard flops I've ever hit came when I was swinging for 50.

A more forgiving LW that plays on full swings could be a SUPER ton of dumb fun.
Depends on how you play your lob wedge. The sole is wider, so it isn’t as versatile as some low bounce wedges, but so far there’s been enough versatility for me to open it some and throw them up top.

It was only a matter of time before these came along, and they made sure this has all the new tech yet still all the forgiveness built into it too.

Back