The Car Shopping Thread

I think OBD2 only reads and clears codes though, correct? It doesn't unlock features that you would otherwise have to go to the dealership for. I may be wrong though. Or maybe they are the same thing, just 2 different names.
OBD2 is the diagnostic port but you can program through it. That is how the have the permanent turn off for the auto stop/start for trucks like the F150.

I used to use an ACCESSPORT from Cobb on my Subaru to reprogram the ECU/CPU.

Here is an example of 1 for an F150.

OBD2 is the diagnostic port but you can program through it. That is how the have the permanent turn off for the auto stop/start for trucks like the F150.

I used to use an ACCESSPORT from Cobb on my Subaru to reprogram the ECU/CPU.

Here is an example of 1 for an F150.
Oh ok.

I have one more car to test drive today.
Going the opposite direction of my car for a bit larger and less "feel the road" based.
Looking forward to it.

That also happens to me lol. I get flashed constantly and I started flashing my high beams back when they do. I’m sure most of the trucks that blind me don’t actually have their high beams on. It was definitely the last straw for me though. I love my car but I need an SUV next
Man, preach! All these trucks with the backyard aftermarket hackjob LED swaps that project the light of 7 suns drive me crazy. When in my car I feel like I'm getting X-rayed as they drive by.
If someone needs THAT much light to drive safely, they shouldn't be driving at all lol.

Man, preach! All these trucks with the backyard aftermarket hackjob LED swaps that project the light of 7 suns drive me crazy. When in my car I feel like I'm getting X-rayed as they drive by.
If someone needs THAT much light to drive safely, they shouldn't be driving at all lol.
It’s absolutely brutal, especially at red lights when they’re right on top of me. I’m sure they need the light for all that country back road driving they do in the suburbs

I think you should talk to DOT then, because they obviously think we need it...:ROFLMAO:

I have a few dealers reaching out to me offering to by my car. It's a nicely spec'd BMW with low miles, 2019. I can sell it to them for basically what I paid for it. So I am driving it for free. The problem is to get a new sports sedan I have to pay MSRP which I refuse to do. I might just take the money and wait until the supply catches up and go get another BMW then. Sure don't want to be with a sweet, fast, reliable ride.
I have a 2019 Silverado LT with 18k miles. I have had no less than 10 emails from every Chevy dealer in Charlotte asking. I am like what would I even trade to? They are offering 3k over what I paid for it in 2019.

I too very much hate people that put LEDs or xenon bulbs into halogen housings. I changed my low beams to HIDs since the factory light already has a projector, and its got a clean cut off. The driver side is even aimed lower for the very purpose of not blinding people. I can see the line on the other side of the road where the lights are aimed, and they still act like I'm shining them directly into the cabin of whatever they're driving. The extra 20,000 lumens of my actual high beams dispels that notion.

Last edited:
I too very much hate people that put LEDs or xenon bulbs into halogen housings. I changed my low beams to HIDs since the factory light already has a projector, and its got a clean cut off. The driver side is even aimed lower on the driver side for the very purpose of not blinding people. I can see the line on the other side of the road where the lights are aimed, and they still act like I'm shining them directly into the cabin of whatever they're driving. The extra 20,000 lumens of my actual high beams dispels that notion.
My truck has factory LED lighting and people flash me still

I will know tomorrow if a couple of the Japanese models are in play or if I stick with German engineering long term. Be it with my car or something else down the road.
I'm a big fan of the German cars for the handling. I've owned several BMWs, a Golf TDI and now a Macan. Not a lover of SUVs generally but this one drives like a sports car. My son has a manual Golf GTI which I love to drive whenever I get the chance. It's like a go-kart.

Well, back from the dealership and made the switch to the Lexus. Larger overall, but so comfy and with the reliability and how much travel I have next year, it was the right move over the previous car.

Well, back from the dealership and made the switch to the Lexus. Larger overall, but so comfy and with the reliability and how much travel I have next year, it was the right move over the previous car.
IS 500 F Sport, amirite?

This buying process was about as simple as I have ever gone through. They “appraised” my car in 5 minutes. Price was the price of the car and we signed about 5 things and were out the door. They opened up a garage area and pulled new car in and my car in so we could get my stuff out. Set up the mobile app on my phone for it and we drove off.

It was a piece of cake

This buying process was about as simple as I have ever gone through. They “appraised” my car in 5 minutes. Price was the price of the car and we signed about 5 things and were out the door. They opened up a garage area and pulled new car in and my car in so we could get my stuff out. Set up the mobile app on my phone for it and we drove off.

It was a piece of cake
Love the ES... Awesome purchase!

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Just priced my new car that I bought in the spring to see what they would offer. Tempting….

This whole thing is bat sh!t crazy. We traded my wife's POS 2016 Dodge Dart in in May of 2020 on a 2017 RAV 4 LE. The sticker price on the RAV 4 was $16,999. With our trade in we were still 6k under water but out from underneath the POS known as the Dodge Dart and my wife was in a vehicle that was more suitable to transport our scent dog (though she lacked the AWD drive she probably needed). My wife went into our local Toyota dealer yesterday. They're giving her 21K for her RAV 4 toward the purchase of a new 2021 RAV4 XLE AWD. She'll end up $568.00 under water on the old loan and into a car 3 years newer. They already told her that they'll probably get 25K for her car when they put it on the lot......and it won't last 1 day. Her new car should be here by the 10th.

I've been craving buying a car for quite some time (I'll never sell my truck), but I'm buying used. I want something fun to drive. I've been in a truck or large SUV for the better part of the last 20 years. But I'm not touching this market for at least a year. This is f***ing nuts. Sorry endless Genesis, Infinity, Acura, BMW and Lexus searches. I'll pick you up again next year........or the next. Insane.

The used car market is insane. I mentioned this a few pages back but i'm looking at upgrading my modded Rav4 TRD for either a Tacoma TRD Pro or a 4runner TRD Pro. Toyota offered me 87% of retail value for my Rav , it's 2 years old with 22k KM on it.

I'm decided on a 2022 4runner TRD Pro if i do make the leap---Gotta decide before February or i won't get the car until 2023

On the fence. I definitely don't need the Runner. The Rav4 is plenty for the snow rallying and trails i do. But the Runner Pro is one of the most iconic offroad beasts on the market. A lot of this is just image LOL. But i do want it

New car and already 1500 miles on it from drive to FL. What a smooth and quiet ride compared to 430 and couldn’t be happier.

Back