2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

Holy smokes people! I was able to take my new Rogue ST Max Driver to PGA Tour Superstore for a test run with both the Chrome Soft X and the Chrome Soft X LS. I was also asked where I got it too! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I told him from Callaway at the Grandaddy! “So you got it really early!” I just smiled. :)

To start the session I was set at -2D, I was having to hold it off to make it not go left. After about 4 or 5 drives, I decided to move it to -2N to open it up a little and it changed everything. I was able to give it everything I had and the ball speed went the highest I have seen it personally.

The first set was with the CSX:
View attachment 9058432

The 2nd set was with the CSXLS
View attachment 9058433

If I go with the CSXLS because of my new set of irons, I think I have to move the Max to -1N to get the spin up another 4-500 rpm.

I am so excited to play golf! I have never really been able to go full bore on the driver. I think I have the one to do it now.

the ball speed difference is nuts. Also good to see the spin isn’t that much different between the two. Get that launch up and holy 🚀 Batman!

The more I read and watch about these drivers the more excited I am to try them. It's a pretty big deal for me that the Triple Diamond came out because I constantly fight the lefts. Adding that the head may be a little heavier than in the past could make this the perfect solution for me. I hadn't planned on a new driver this season but I'm getting more and more tempted.

heavier head is HUGE

i keep coming back to what @JohnnyCallaway (and another reviewer) said: the stability of that driver everyone knows is super stable with the speed of that driver everyone knows is super fast. pretty freaking exciting. and almost every head to head i’ve watched is showing the rogue line going toe to toe ballspeed with the much hyped red faced release.

Is the preorder date also when they are available for demo?

Lots of shops should have received demos and fitting components the past couple days, or should have them in the next week or so.

Launch events are happening everywhere and the reps are putting on demo events.

When you go to https://www.callawaygolf.com/custom-fitting/ click on the FIND FITTERS link.

06FDFC50-4CE3-4CA7-AF84-AF329173564C.jpeg

Then from there go to the filters, highlight only FITTING EVENT and then put in your zip code. It should return any shops and/or clubs having a fitting event, which should include the new lineup. You could call to verify if you’d like.

76B65023-AF7C-4D40-ADAB-D1FA71BAB376.jpeg

Lots of shops should have received demos and fitting components the past couple days, or should have them in the next week or so.

Launch events are happening everywhere and the reps are putting on demo events.

When you go to https://www.callawaygolf.com/custom-fitting/ click on the FIND FITTERS link.

View attachment 9058444

Then from there go to the filters, highlight only FITTING EVENT and then put in your zip code. It should return any shops and/or clubs having a fitting event, which should include the new lineup. You could call to verify if you’d like.

View attachment 9058445

My @Club Champion guy said he got the “Red Faced” testing heads in and is waiting for the Rogue heads. Has me on speed dial when them come in.

could you measure from the face (alignment chev) to the back? I’m curious how big that is because it “feels” overly elongated in pictures and wanted to compare to what I have in the bag now

From the chevron to farthest point is 4.5in

From the T to farthest point is 4.375

Surprisingly they're roughly the same, tho pics would have one think otherwise.

All has to do with how the crowns slope, it does more visually than the .125 will.

thanks for this. Measuring form the alignment aid to the back on my current driver I’m seeing the same 4.5. The difference I’m seeing is from the toe to the farthest point and it’s 3.75. Not a big difference and how I’m sure part of the tech story for this one. I need to see these in person because the gains you guys are seeing can’t be denied

Hitting gcquad sim range in an hour or so to work on some swing mechanics. I'll be taking a few whacks with the triple diamond LS. I'll post the results.

Last edited:
thanks for this. Measuring form the alignment aid to the back on my current driver I’m seeing the same 4.5. The difference I’m seeing is from the toe to the farthest point and it’s 3.75. Not a big difference and how I’m sure part of the tech story for this one. I need to see these in person because the gains you guys are seeing can’t be denied
Remember, the way the crown slopes (and the rate at which it does) is a lot of the visual difference here. It’s a different way to skin a cat, but it also changes the appearance at setup too.

Hitting gcquad sim range in an hour or so to work on some swing mechanical C's. I'll be taking a few wacks with the triple diamond LS. I'll post the results.
This is your chance to sell me on it.

Please? Hahaha

Hitting gcquad sim range in an hour or so to work on some swing mechanical C's. I'll be taking a few wacks with the triple diamond LS. I'll post the results.

This is your chance to sell me on it.

Please? Hahaha

Need to process the data and pics but sneak preview.

IMG_20220109_124602.jpg

1.52….? Missread?

Maybe? It wasn't the only one at or above 1.5. Normally I see a few swings with efficiency on trackman over 1.5 during a session. Rarely ever on gcquad.

Good grief when did I become the shortest hitter on THP lol?! Everyone in the 3 bills club.

I'm 90% sure I've settled on the Rogue ST over the Stealth. However being unable to get an order in before I change my mind 33x is annoying. Two options I'm considering:
1) Rogue ST Max 10.5 with Tour Red adapter (i'm just hoping this is actually feasible and I don't need to jump through a bunch of hoops). Good spin and higher MOI with the flat adapter to fight that slight left bias.
2) Rogue Triple Diamond 10.5. Does it carry enough spin is the main question for me.

1641755694342.gif

I thought I had my driver decided after a recent fitting trying out the main newcomers this year, but this Max driver is throwing a wrench in things. I will have some data coming up, but when you start fitting towards a miss, I’m not sure I have seen better spin and launch retention when struck low on the face, maybe ever.

I thought I had my driver decided after a recent fitting trying out the main newcomers this year, but this Max driver is throwing a wrench in things. I will have some data coming up, but when you start fitting towards a miss, I’m not sure I have seen better spin and launch retention when struck low on the face, maybe ever.

Low strokes and high toe misses seem to be really good with this family of heads. Low strokes in particular seem to always end up much further than I thought and way more on line than previous gens.

What that comment it makes it more likely this is going to be my driver.

Just scheduled a Rogue ST fitting. My last Callaway driver was the original Rogue. I can see this becoming a reality.

@vgolfman in general if someone misses left and fights a hook would the Triple Diamond Rogue or the LS with a red adapter be a better fit?

@vgolfman in general if someone misses left and fights a hook would the Triple Diamond Rogue or the LS with a red adapter be a better fit?
In general, the Rogue Triple Diamond LS would be the go to for the miss you described. The flat cog (red line) would then further fight the left miss, but only if really needed. As always, trial and getting fit is the correct answer, but there's your starting point.

1641759746789.png

In general, the Rogue Triple Diamond LS would be the go to for the miss you described. The flat cog (red line) would then further fight the left miss, but only if really needed. As always, trial and getting fit is the correct answer, but there's your starting point.

View attachment 9058535
Max LS is calling me.

Back