Championship Courses You Have Played

Hoganman1

Reaction score
How many courses have you played where a men's major was held? I've played US Open venues Oakland Hills and Pinehurst #2, PGA tracts The Ocean Course at Kiawah and Quail Hollow (Oakland Hills has also held a PGA) and The Old Course at St. Andrews where they hold The Open Championship. Sadly, I've never played Augusta National. My one chance fell through and I doubt I'll get another.

Torrey Pines
Pinehurst #2
Pebble Beach
PGA National

That list is a bit on the smaller side, sadly. Few years from now, it’ll grow into something nicer

Bethpage Black
PGA National

I’ve played…
Bethpage Black - US Open & PGA Championship
Pebble Beach - US Open & PGA Championship
Firestone CC South Course - PGA Championship
PGA National - PGA championship

0 so far.

I guess of we want to stretch to senior open, Broadmoor would count.

I’ve played…
Bethpage Black - US Open & PGA Championship
Pebble Beach - US Open & PGA Championship
Firestone CC South Course - PGA Championship
PGA National has hosted a major : )

Just 1 - Whistling Straits

oops, added Coghill, Dubsdread. Didn't realize it hosted a major

so 2 😎

Last edited:
Cedar Crest GC in Dallas, host of the 1927 PGA Championship
Walter Hagen won his 4th consecutive PGA Title and his 5th overall

PGA National
Oak Hill
Cog Hill Dubsdread

I've played other courses that have hosted PGA and LPGA events ( like Harbour Town ) but not majors I don't think. Still need to play Bethpage Black at some point.

Last edited:
Pebble and Whistling Straits

Closest think I have every played has been either LPGA Senior, PGA Senior and one PGA Championship from almost 100 years ago.

TPC Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach SC - 2000 PGA Senior
The Pete Dye Course, French Lick Indiana - Multiple times on LPGA Senior
The Donald Ross Course, French Lick Indiana - 1924 PGA Championship

Oakland Hills
The Country Club
Bellerive (Thanks to THP)
Olympia Fields
Kiawah Ocean Course
Birmingham Country Club (Hosted a PGA a long time ago)

PGA National
Cedar Crest (1927 PGA, Dallas, TX)
Champions Country Club (Ryder Cup)

Only one for me Kingsmill River Course in Williamsburg, VA. Played 7 times in all but the most challenging by far was the Monday morning following the Michelob Championship. Talk about a treacherous rough and challenging pin placements. Getting to play before the course returned to "normal" conditions was one of the perks tournament volunteers had available. The course is now home to an LPGA event.

Torrey Pines - US Open
Canterbury - US Open, PGA Championship, Senior versions of both, and the US am
Firestone South - PGA Championship

If going with Dimples including national Am events:
Bandon Dunes and Bandon Trails - US AM

Will be adding Erin Hills and Whistling Straits this summer.

How many courses have you played where a men's major was held? I've played US Open venues Oakland Hills and Pinehurst #2, PGA tracts The Ocean Course at Kiawah and Quail Hollow (Oakland Hills has also held a PGA) and The Old Course at St. Andrews where they hold The Open Championship. Sadly, I've never played Augusta National. My one chance fell through and I doubt I'll get another.
How did this chance at Augusta come about???

I’ve only played at TPC Harding park. Although, my home course this year held a U.S. Open but way before you and I were even a thought

Valhalla - PGA championship & Ryder Cup
Firestone - PGA Championship
Grizzly (Cincinnati) - LPGA Championship

Ive played lots of tour event courses but only 2 major courses

Torrey Pines
Olympia Fields

The first 5 are all Twin Cities area courses since I’ve spent half my life calling it home. Minneapolis has an unusual concentration of amazing courses with the first three on the list all within a few miles of one another.

Interlachen, Minikahda, Minneapolis Golf Club, Hazeltine, Keller, Whistling Straits, Medinah #3, Cherry Hills, TPC Harding Park, and Torrey Pines.

Last edited:
Bethpage, Winged Foot, Shinnecock, Baltusrol, Merion, Fresh Meadow, Riviera, Pebble Beach, Whistling Straits, Pinehurst, PGA National

Back