2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

meh, i know what i like and need well enough to know whether something will work for me even if that specific setup isn't great. it probably doesn't help that i've watched a ton of videos, and so far i haven't seen anything compelling about the stealth yet. my fitter buddy hit it great, but he already had it on his quad with his preferred shaft and said it's spinning too high for him. i'd agree, if i can keep up with some of his better drives then it's not a good fit for him seeing that he's about 10-12mph faster than i am.
Wow that is SUPER interesting, as I've read a bit that this head is low spinning not high spinning.

I need to get my internet facts straight hahahaha - next thing someone is going to tell me it's not a made for kai'li :ROFLMAO: (yes I read it, yes it's a joke)

Wow that is SUPER interesting, as I've read a bit that this head is low spinning not high spinning.

I need to get my internet facts straight hahahaha - next thing someone is going to tell me it's not a made for kai'li :ROFLMAO: (yes I read it, yes it's a joke)

but it’s not.. Right?

Man the mysteath website is pretty cool, matte crown with gray face looks good...

After hitting the Stealth and Stealth+, I would say Stealth is low-mid spin and Stealth+ is low spin. Neither head were blowing my doors off during testing with my Tensei Pro White 1K 60S. They are certainly nice clubs but I’m not seeing where the hype is coming from. On average they were neck in neck with my Epic Speed TD. The Plus model was less forgiving than my TD. I’d lean towards the Stealth if I had to play TM because I think I’d wring more out of it in the long run.

wow looks like MyStealth says preorder now to ship march 24th.... I have a standard on order already but continue building a mystealth almost daily. I doubt I would get any rounds in by march 24th anyway but I wouldn't have the patience to wait almost another 2 months for it

Man the mysteath website is pretty cool, matte crown with gray face looks good...
I'm not even a TM guy or likely to ever be, but I have already spent probably too much time playing with the mystealth page - completely blacked out matte with the gray face would be me :LOL:

my buddy's takeaway was that it was more forgiving than his sim2 (i'd assume that's spin?), but there wasn't a big enough performance benefit to justify a purchase. he did also say the sound was drastically improved, to which i would agree. he also let one of our other playing partners try it, someone who struggles a ton with spin and was playing an m6 iirc. he hit the stealth plus a couple times and the drives were the same distance as his m6 with eerily similar flights/shapes.

Well, I was hoping to get on a simulator last night. But, they were all booked out. Going to be at least 2 weeks before I can hit this again. Kind of bummed. Gives me time to try and track down a real LM in the meantime I guess.

Well, I was hoping to get on a simulator last night. But, they were all booked out. Going to be at least 2 weeks before I can hit this again. Kind of bummed. Gives me time to try and track down a real LM in the meantime I guess.
or ship out that club to me so I can continue updating everyone on performance...... strictly to give valuable feedback for everyone else

or ship out that club to me so I can continue updating everyone on performance...... strictly to give valuable feedback for everyone else
Haha. Sounds risky. I better hang onto it in case my recovery goes better than expected.

It took about 5 minutes to find a trackman I can rent. It’s an hour drive. But, worth it to get some numbers for the driver as well as the rest of my bag. I’ll try to source some of those new prov1x’s so the spin numbers are more accurate too.

Carbon. Fiber. Face.

Yes, the worst kept secret in golf equipment the past month or so is real, and yes, it is coming.

I'm guessing the hot look for next season will be the Stealth driver with the new Rogue fairways.
I priced out a 12-18-21-24 set with Ventus Reds and wrap grips.
$2401.96 sound right?
And only ten more clubs to buy.

Not good for ours kids' inheritance is my first take.

I guess the Stealth will take away the clang. Ping fans especially may not like that.

It turns out that there's a Club Champion right in Needham. Who knew? But God forbid, what if I tried them and hit them pretty well?
I'm willing to bet that Club Champion is owned by divorce lawyers. That way they can get you coming and going.

I already bought irons this past season.

Lets take off the plastic. Just hit the floor 2 hours ago 😍

D5F1862F-0EA3-4A0C-A885-303C10CB7265.jpeg

The red face, in some ways, reminds me of the old persimmon drivers that had red in the face between the screws. The price seems high, but then again I always buy two or three year old tech cause I'm cheap that way. :p

I guess if golf was my only hobby, I'd say "what the heck". Problem is musky fishing, bow hunting and bowling are all expensive when you want the newest or best of something, so I have to allocate discretionary $$$ across them all. :confused:

After hitting the Stealth and Stealth+, I would say Stealth is low-mid spin and Stealth+ is low spin. Neither head were blowing my doors off during testing with my Tensei Pro White 1K 60S. They are certainly nice clubs but I’m not seeing where the hype is coming from. On average they were neck in neck with my Epic Speed TD. The Plus model was less forgiving than my TD. I’d lean towards the Stealth if I had to play TM because I think I’d wring more out of it in the long run.

They are not a game changer. FWIW I think Cally drivers are always a little easier to hit and go a lot straighter without the fade bias. Even Tiger's at the PNC had weight all the way in draw setting which is typical. They cover up hook swings pretty well but on the whole they're quite fade bias and it looks like the plus is no exception. Nothing that blows drivers from the last couple of years out of the water and I'd argue that in a raw long dog contest the Mavrik Sub Zero might beat the plus. That thing is still an absolute cannon.

They are not a game changer. FWIW I think Cally drivers are always a little easier to hit and go a lot straighter without the fade bias. Even Tiger's at the PNC had weight all the way in draw setting which is typical. They cover up hook swings pretty well but on the whole they're quite fade bias and it looks like the plus is no exception. Nothing that blows drivers from the last couple of years out of the water and I'd argue that in a raw long dog contest the Mavrik Sub Zero might beat the plus. That thing is still an absolute cannon.

You mean Callaway drivers cover up slice swings? I mean all the pros play the triple Diamond versions with more fade bias. Callaway had to develop a flatter adapter to counteract the hook bias. That being said everyone’s swing is different. It’s good different companies make clubs that will give people options to find a club that will work for them. And I’m not a Callaway hater. I was a huge fan of the Epic Flash triple Diamond. But none of their clubs since have shown much improvement in my view.

Limited swings with this today. Didn’t give anything extra but didn’t hate it. Would need more time with it for sure. The red face didn’t bother me like I thought it would

Looks like a few swings were taken with the plastic still on :LOL:

Someone got to them ahead of me and took two swings with the plastic on the Plus 9*, and took the plastic off the Plus 8*. I took the plastic off this one plus the regular Stealth 9*, and had some fun.

I spent about half an hour tinkering today, warmed up with my Driver, then Stealth Plus in 9*. I was pleasantly surprised, I liked the feel and sound. I am not as much a TM guy so the overall look is maybe not my favorite, but I do think its a good looking driver and would have no problem looking down at it. Much better than anything with white paint on it (y).

I hit the Plus pretty well, littering the face on strike location but got a sense for what some of the misses do. Pretty decent overall, my one complain is that my swing (or club?) was not cooperating and never really got in the groove with my draw. Left most out to the right.

Then I hit the regular Stealth in 9*, and probably due to me did not have as good a result. I was leaving them out short right, except for a couple of freaky low spin bombs out off the high toe.

Here are a couple pictures:
C0A23920-C600-4229-99E7-B81AC330C79B.jpeg
939206A8-04FE-4FA5-9698-42A755F3332E.jpeg

Stealth Plus on the left, Stealth on the Right:
78586EE2-7990-408A-8696-650A2BF40385.jpeg
15F414BB-8054-404C-9C84-1271D040308B.jpeg
C9D0C651-F876-4AEE-B86D-0C171763AEB4.jpeg

Back