Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Carbon. Fiber. Face. 

Yes, the worst kept secret in golf equipment the past month or so is real, and yes, it is coming. 

A company never afraid of putting itself out there by doing something different, be it paint or tech, TaylorMade golf is introducing the new STEALTH lineup of drivers and their 60X Carbon Twist Face is no doubt going to be the talk of the town for some time. While carbon has been done before, TaylorMade is adamant it has never been done like this. 

2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

Gone is the SIM and SIM2, and in comes a new naming convention, and one heck of a directional change materials wise as well. Although the overall shape of the three new drivers from TaylorMade look super similar to the aforementioned predecessors with the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst kept secret.. :LOL:

I like how you talked about their confidence in the tech. It's been pretty clear from the beginning that they either sold their guys hard on selling it, or they're actually really confident in the tech direction. A real no-turning-back attitude.

The actually larger face is interesting to me, besides just the bold appearance. Their goal or use of the weight savings of the carbon wasn't what I necessarily expected to hear.

I've enjoyed the look, personally. I like the shape and colors from above. Haven't been overly distracted by the face, and one guy I know actually think it helps his focus. The fact that the larger face is deeper has been interesting for me personally, too, with my miss creeping above center line. Past ones have been a less than great fit on speed and sound there.

I wasn't around for all the Yonex and creep and stuff, so I'd never guess how it'll all turn out, but it definitely is bold and demands attention.

Excited for more people to hit and love it and hate it like they surely will! :p

Really want to hit these. Good work with the details @Jman

These look awesome. Wish I could try one.

the question every year with TM, are those real deal shafts or made for? The Kai'li White is one im excited to try if it is real

damn ive already built 3 custom MyStealth drivers.....

Haven't wanted to even try a TM driver last several years, until now. Looks great, intriguing tech.

This might be one I have to see in person, I personally think this thing is ugly, which was always my thoughts on the SIM drivers as well. I don't like the colored face at all, it just feel so gimmicky, super flashy, almost to he point of gaudiness and I hate the font of Stealth.

It's interesting Callaway almost went the exact opposite way with this, kept it super sleek with subtle black and just he colorful accent from the weight. Callaway is winning looks wise for me.

the question every year with TM, are those real deal shafts or made for? The Kai'li White is one im excited to try if it is real
I saw the new Ventus Red with it early on, but not since. Different look and appeared to be a made for again. That's the one I'd watch out for.

I saw the new Ventus Red with it early on, but not since. Different look and appeared to be a made for again. That's the one I'd watch out for.
yea saw that one too

The PX hzrdus smoke red RDX fairway is interesting. Seems legit but TM has the torque at 3.8 for the 70g 6.5 flex compared to PX's site listing it at 3.5 torque

also there is a UST LIN-Q white that I dont see any info on anywhere. I thought it was the LIN-Q black hoping to be low/low but it looks like the black has white graphics compared to the white one on TM's site having grey graphics

I'll still go hit one just because, but not sure I can get past the colored face. Not being negative here just honest.

To my knowledge, same as it’s always been for TM.

Worst kept secret.. :LOL:

I like how you talked about their confidence in the tech. It's been pretty clear from the beginning that they either sold their guys hard on selling it, or they're actually really confident in the tech direction. A real no-turning-back attitude.

The actually larger face is interesting to me, besides just the bold appearance. Their goal or use of the weight savings of the carbon wasn't what I necessarily expected to hear.

I've enjoyed the look, personally. I like the shape and colors from above. Haven't been overly distracted by the face, and one guy I know actually think it helps his focus. The fact that the larger face is deeper has been interesting for me personally, too, with my miss creeping above center line. Past ones have been a less than great fit on speed and sound there.

I wasn't around for all the Yonex and creep and stuff, so I'd never guess how it'll all turn out, but it definitely is bold and demands attention.

Excited for more people to hit and love it and hate it like they surely will! :p
They 100% hard sold their guys on selling it. Fwiw.

I need to dive in a little deeper on this one later this AM. But it's pretty interesting on what they are saying about this. Obviously we've known this was coming between leaks and having that Tiger fella get one in play a few weeks ago.

Something I wasn't expecting so quickly is their customization option where you can choose the color of the face for your driver. Don't like the red, make it blue, or green, or even go back to black.

I need to dive in a little deeper on this one later this AM. But it's pretty interesting on what they are saying about this. Obviously we've known this was coming between leaks and having that Tiger fella get one in play a few weeks ago.

Something I wasn't expecting so quickly is their customization option where you can choose the color of the face for your driver. Don't like the red, make it blue, or green, or even go back to black.
All about that dolls dolls and the custom upcharge for those who don’t want the red they only went with because it can be seen on TV.

I seem to get along with TM at the top of the bag the best, but idk. I don't love the look. I'll have to see one in person first, but initial impressions are a pass

Oh yeah. One of the TM guys was pushing this on me really early on, and it feels like kind of an added option this year with the face being included in it. Feels like something people might take advantage of more.

All about that dolls dolls and the custom upcharge for those who don’t want the red they only went with because it can be seen on TV.

Oh 1000000%. I think the red will get people's attention. It will be polarizing, but hell it's so reminiscent of the white driver....made for TV.

Oh 1000000%. I think the red will get people's attention. It will be polarizing, but hell it's so reminiscent of the white driver....made for TV.
What I want to know is if the Tour staff will rotate new heads in more or less often this season.

I think the red face is incredibly SMART from a marketing perspective.

I get why people dislike TM because they just feel shady with their shafts, commissions they've offered to fitters in the past, you name it. I personally think this thing is UGLY as all get out, and I'll never buy a TM driver, but that red face is definitely smart for all the reasons mentioned above. It is going to be so easy to see on TV, and the vast majority of golfers who aren't us and know all the inside baseball will go grab it.

It's a brilliant marketing move, so I have to give them their kudos there. They know how to frickin' market.

Having watched the vids now, no surprise that they don't really perform any different to the last couple of years models.

Just goes to show that it's 90% marketing, even if they try and convince you its better tech.

Great stuff James - busy few days/weeks for you eh? I admit I am liking the look of this club from different angles it's growing on me. That said, I have not even swung a TM product since the first (white?) R1 - and that was demo not owned. I last played one it was the R7 425 - so, I am dating myself a bit. TM stuff has not worked too well for me over the years, but the R5 did work a bit. Anyway, looking forward to reading more from actual user inputs as that begins to happen. Thanks for whetting the appetite and increasing the interest.

Smart of them to allow face options other than space heater red. Still not my cup of tea but I do want to give it a hit or two.

Having watched the vids now, no surprise that they don't really perform any different to the last couple of years models.

Just goes to show that it's 90% marketing, even if they try and convince you its better tech.
I wouldn’t use that as a blanket for all companies though.

Back