The Edel Fitting Experience

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve long been a putter addict. I adore everything about them, the shapes, the materials, the finishes, and of course the chase for “the one”. After many years of writing, reviewing, and collecting I have acquired quite the stable of putters. Each and every one has stories to them, stories that end the same way, being replaced by something else on that elusive search for better.

Continue reading...

Excellent article! It really got me thinking about not just putters, but the importance of fit! I have never tried an Edel, but the lines on each one look clean and friendly for many different golfers.

What an article @Jman! Defintely going to be a re-read for me again today. So much info here I'll need to unpack it several times! Nothing like an Edel putting experience to say the least!

Hmm, this is very interesting stuff. Great write up @Jman. Almost everything explains my putting right on. When I started using the face for alignment instead of the line on top my putting really improved and I stopped pulling putts. This explains that.

Great stuff @Jman so much information. Makes me want to get fit. This will definitely be top of mind & referenced frequently.

This was awesome @Jman. Really felt like I was there with you as you experienced the fitting. Make me want to run and go get fit ASAP. Never really understood the impacts of all the differences in putter setups. Again - great review.

My previous instructor is also an Edel fitter, and reading this piece has got me thinking about booking a fitting

Thanks @Jman

Excellent article @Jman! Edel is a company I never heard of before I came here but one I have become impressed with the more I hear about them! Look forward to hearing more on how your putter performs for you on the course!

Nice article...well done!

At some point in time in the near future I would like to have a putter fitting. The Edel fitting appears to be a comprehensive complete fitting.

At some point in time in the near future I would like to have a putter fitting. The Edel fitting appears to be a comprehensive complete fitting.

A putter fitting is a must @Bernoulli! But if I'm being honest this Edel write up has me a little jelly! What a fitting experience!

What a great fitting experience. Thank you for sharing that @Jman. I have the same cross eye dominance. So much here for me go think about. I know I don’t see the line correctly standing over the ball. That’s a killer for confidence. My first take is that I can take some of your learning and apply it to my needs. That said, as you note from edel, everyone is different and generalizations don’t always apply to the individual.

Trying to learn something here, I want to make sure I understand what aim bias means. You have a right aim bias. I have watched edel videos and 100% understand the laser aspect. But on a green over a putt — a laser-less golfer — I am trying to correlate the impact. If you stand over a 20 foot putt and line up for 2 feet of break from behind the ball, what does that look like when you stand over the ball? If I am on the same page, a right aim bias means that putt will look like you are aimed at the hole, not 2 feet right? In other words, you would end up an extra 2 feet right if you trusted your eyes over the ball? Right aim bias?

The other aspect is loft. I know I need less loft. SamLab confirmed this, and I am certain too much loft has contributed to my lag putting challenges.

My take away is that I 100% want to go through an edel fitting. In the meantime — living states away from such fitting opportunities — I will attempt to hack my way to a putter setup that works a little better for me based on your excellent write up and helpful knowledge sharing. Thank you!

Certainly sounds more functionally useful than the club champion fitting I went through.

Pretty crazy how "different" than most stock setups you had to go considering how much and how long you've played.

So is the theory you would have to redo all those alignment and adjustment tweaks for any new putter, or would the same concepts transfer?

Sounds amazing. Too bad there is no option for an Edel fitting anywhere close to me.

Great write and what an experience.

How long was your putter fitting in actual time?

I have gone thru the Club Champion fitting, and while it seemed comprehensive, it would not hold a candle to what you just experienced.

So many options and I love it. The aim bias is what I am the most intrigued about.

Great detailed experience, thanks @Jman . Love the array of options to show you your aim point, then check and adjust across multiple components of the putter. Still blows my mind how much an alignment aid can affect your aim point. But when you take all of these into account, with a little adjustment here, another there, seems like they have enough options to get just about anyone dialed into a consistent, straight alignment.

Great write up. Have been waiting for this article to hit the home page. The fact that head shape shaft design and alignment marks can influence sim point so drastically is truly astonishing. Glad to get to experience the fitting through your eyes and hands. @Jman you nailed it on this one. Your previous statement regarding this fitting got me to experimenting with a couple of my putters. From 6 feet my Scotty 2.6 misses about 4 or 5 inches right while my spider is center cup.

Sounds like the Edel putter fitting takes things up to the next level. I like the attention to the little details and bring into focus things we don't consider or tend to overlook.

Love the review, @Jman! It’s very thought provoking. I also had a putter fitting at CC but it seems pretty rudimentary compared to Edel. Is the cost in line with a CC putter fitting?

Hmm, this is very interesting stuff. Great write up @Jman. Almost everything explains my putting right on. When I started using the face for alignment instead of the line on top my putting really improved and I stopped pulling putts. This explains that.
All about aim bias, the basis is very real. Shockingly real.

What a fantastic experience and writeup @Jman Clearly that is an amazing and in-depth experience. I assume just like any other fitting that its fitter dependent but yours was very thorough and that is EXACTLY what I was hoping for when I got a putter fitting at CC... What I got was nothing like this sadly and man now I am impressed. There is a local Edel fitter right down the road from me and I'm tempted big time now. I'm also concerned this would wreck using any other putter currently in my possession haha

Excellent article @Jman! Edel is a company I never heard of before I came here but one I have become impressed with the more I hear about them! Look forward to hearing more on how your putter performs for you on the course!
Teaser: 26, 28, 27, 29 the last four rounds. But, I’ve also averaged making 4 putts of 20+ Feet per round…which is obscene!

Back