Top Flite- Gamer v2

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone used this ball. Do you really get a top performance ball with out the top ball price?

Why don't you buy a sleeve and find out and let us know..They aren't expensive are they?

I actually think I will, even though I probably won't be able to get to scheels until thursday.

I played the gamer for a bit. The V2. I was actually fitted for it. You get real good spin for a non urethane cover ball. It wont spin as much as the premium balls but for me it was very good.

My experience with distance was good. Pretty average but seemed to do well with the wind. High ball flight for me.

These are pretty durable. No issues there.

Overall I really liked them. If I didnt find the deals I did on the balls Im playing now, these would be near the top. Second only to Wilson Zips. Everything the gamer has but longer for me. You may want to see if you can try the Zips too. Either way cant go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gamer is a decent ball for the money. No, it is not a premium level ball. But for many, that is a good thing as it reduces spin off the driver and irons. The cover is not my favorite, being a surlyn type of material rather than urethane, but for the money, it is hard to expect much more.

Good for the price certainly.... i'd take it over most topflites.

I played 2 rounds with the GamerV2 and have since switched to the Noodle+.....Until my game improves drasticlly. I'll eventually go to a better ball, but for where my game is now. I'm happy with the Noodle.

I know I'm digging up an old thread but I actually gave this ball a shot yesterday for 9 holes.

I must say, for $20/dozen, I'm very impressed.

Good distance off the tee, ball flight is straight, and feel around the greens is good. I got a good amount of spin off of my wedges. I hit a full 9 into a green and the ball was less than a foot from the ball mark.

I'll definitely play them and see how it goes.

The ball wasn't for me, but I have a higher handicap friend that plays these very regularly and raves about them. You can't beat the price and I've seen nothing to prove it's an inferior product when comparing side by side with similar balls. Would love to hear your thoughts on it if you decide to try them out.

I'm about a mid handicapper, and I still love this ball. I've played the e5, e6, dimension, and I keep coming back to this ball. Its a great deal, and a ball that for me flies further and straighter than the other ones I talked about. I would recommend you to at least try it. If you love it good, if not, its not for you.

I've also put a decent amount of play on the Nike PD Long and Nike Mojo. The Mojo has more spin out of those two, but the PD Long rolls on my drives in the fairways further. I'll put some more play on the V2 and give my opinion

Chalk me up and a user. I love them. I have a mix of E6 and V2s in the bag this year. I'm likeing the V2 better so far.

I really like the Gamer v2. IMO they feel responsive, gets good distance, sound good when struck and check up decently around and on the green. I grab them at the local Wmart for $15 a dozen so I love the price. I've played the Top Flite green label "feel" series balls for years. Always had good luck with them and I can knock the crap out of them. I've really tried to like the E6, but I just don't. The E6 has great feedback on THP, but I thought it felt muted in that I could tell no difference between a good n bad stroke. I originally bought the E6 in orange. I tried them in both white and orange just to make sure it was a "mental thing" with using an orange ball after years of using white balls..The Gamer v2 feels "softer" on contact to me. I also like the Callaway HX Diablo Tour. I tried these after the interview JB and GG had with the Callaway rep. They are $25 at Wmart so I buy them when I have a little extra cash. Good luck with your game. KCM

I used to use the first gamer but quit using it because they seemed to only last about 5 holes and would be junk. I guess the v2 have fixed that problem but dont really plan on going back to them after playing the penta. That would be like trading in your lexus to buy a ford tempo.

I played this ball for about 10 rounds very durable and looooong

I've been playing these for the last year or so. Switched from the Nike Mojo. Good ball for a mediocre golfer like myself. :D As others have said, they check up nicely and are pretty long off the tee. I'm not good enough to shape shots or anything like that, so I have no experience there. Great value at $15-20 a dozen. I have not had any issues with cover durability.

I've been playing these for the last year or so. Switched from the Nike Mojo. Good ball for a mediocre golfer like myself. :D As others have said, they check up nicely and are pretty long off the tee. I'm not good enough to shape shots or anything like that, so I have no experience there. Great value at $15-20 a dozen. I have not had any issues with cover durability.
I too have played the Mojo (2 dozen this year). I'm not sure what spins better(I think the Mojo does by a bit), but it seems the Gamer is more durable.

In my first sleeve, I found a D2 Feel (wtf?). So I emailed Top Flite about it and they asked that I call customer service. When I reached a CSR at Callaway Customer Support, I explained what I found, and just told her that I wanted them to know so that they could correct whatever issue called it. She then asked for my address.....

Now I have a full dozen Gamer V2's in the mail on the way to me FOR FREE! She said I should have gotten a complete dozen in the first place. Callaway/Top Flite customer service is excellent in my book!

On to the main point, I played 9 holes on Friday and 9 holes yesterday. I'm loving the roll I get on the fairways and the checking ablility of this ball on the greens. It's no One Tour D, but for a fraction of the price, I'm not complaining.

The V2 Gamer is a good ball for the buck. Really good distance off the tee and decent spin around the greens. I like the Precept Laddie if I am gaming an economy ball as it plays better with more green side spin IMO.

I've had good experiences with the v2, but these days I pretty much exclusively play the E6.

Dollar for Dollar its a great ball. IMO I would put it above some of the more expensive balls like the NXT tour, Nike's Vapor, Srixon Trispeed tour. Of the non urethane 3 piece balls its as good or better than any and cheaper than most .

Good thread.

I can't find too many negative comments about these balls and, as such, I will be trying them very soon.

I've been switching between the AD333 and Gamer V2, I like them both, the Gamer spins a bit more off the driver but also has better spin on the greens. I just bought some e6's, looking forward to trying them out :)

The gamer v2 is a decent ball for sure. I'd game a sleeve if someone gave them to me

Tap tap taparoo

This is a very good ball for the money. I have been playing it exclusively this season and don't have any intent to change.

I started using the Gamer balls two weeks ago. So far so good. They do give nice distance off the tee.

Back