PING G425 Drivers and Irons

What options did you all order? Mine showed up about 5 weeks after ordering this springs.
I know earlier in 2021 I was looking to order a g425 driver with Tensei Orange shaft and when I went to place my order the online shop guy told me that they quit taking orders with that shaft as it was back ordered several months. They suggested going with a different shaft option.

A buddy of mine ordered g425 irons and I think he wanted a certain golf pride grip and was told it would be months out for that grip so he opted for the stock Arccos based grip and they arrived quicker than normal. Thinking it was around 5 weeks or so.

My guess is fitters are fitting people into certain shafts and grips that Ping has on backorder causing most of these longer delays.

Whose fault is it ?
depends, lots of Blame to go around.
**Poor supply chain mgt / risk mgt at Ping
**poor supply chain mgt / risk mgt at their vendors
**communication by ping to their fitters on items out of stock.
**communication by fitters to their customers if they are fitting people into known delay components

I’ve wanted to try out G425 irons for awhile, but they just aren’t easy to come by: I guess Ping has been hit pretty hard by supply chain issues. However, it looks like my buddy came across a set, and I will get to play a demo round with them on Saturday. They are black dot (standard lie), but the specs look like they have similar lie angles compared to my PXGs.

I’ve wanted to try out G425 irons for awhile, but they just aren’t easy to come by: I guess Ping has been hit pretty hard by supply chain issues. However, it looks like my buddy came across a set, and I will get to play a demo round with them on Saturday. They are black dot (standard lie), but the specs look like they have similar lie angles compared to my PXGs.

Ping standard black are kinda' upright since they changed about 20 yrs ago

Ping standard black are kinda' upright since they changed about 20 yrs ago
If I decide to buy a set, I’ll go through a fitting to get the right lie angle, unless the black dot clubs work for me already. The lie specs looked close enough to my PXGs that I should be able to get a good comparison.

I have a set with stiff awt. Shafts fir my loaner set for people traveling in at work. They seem to really like them.

Going on 6 months wait on a G425 7 wood lefty (stock rogue white shaft) 2ndswing said another 2months to go.

THAT IS SO WEIRD.

Ordered and delivered Ping irons within 3 weeks. My guess is that the factory making driver and fwy heads in China is having issues - they are having another Covid breakout for some time now.

And I ordered a Ping 425 5wd about 2 weeks ago ... :oops:

THAT IS SO WEIRD.

Ordered and delivered Ping irons within 3 weeks. My guess is that the factory making driver and fwy heads in China is having issues - they are having another Covid breakout for some time now.

A lot of emails I’ve been getting lately are saying g410/425 are back in stock. I’m wondering now if it’s more about then sourcing shafts and grips. I know I’ve been on Golf Prides site recently and they are back ordered on many of their grips.

I ordered G425 irons in mid August 2021 and received them this January, about 22 weeks. The local shop installed the grips. I have a 7 wood ordered and Ping is waiting on heads. There supposed to be in sometime in April. Should have by mid May which will be about 25 weeks.

I ordered G425 irons in mid August 2021 and received them this January, about 22 weeks. The local shop installed the grips. I have a 7 wood ordered and Ping is waiting on heads. There supposed to be in sometime in April. Should have by mid May which will be about 25 weeks.

Were those wait times about what you were quoted? I know a guy I got grouped up with recently was fitted in Mizuno Hot Metal's, He was told 3 weeks and said after 3 weeks he called the shop and its going to be 5-6 weeks total now. He was pretty bummed because he said he would have gone with his #2 in the fitting (TM Stealth's) which he could have bought off the rack.

Were those wait times about what you were quoted? I know a guy I got grouped up with recently was fitted in Mizuno Hot Metal's, He was told 3 weeks and said after 3 weeks he called the shop and its going to be 5-6 weeks total now. He was pretty bummed because he said he would have gone with his #2 in the fitting (TM Stealth's) which he could have bought off the rack.
Originally Ping said 8-10 weeks on irons. The 7 wood was supposed to be 6 weeks. The local shop has offered me refunds but I decided to wait since I was fitted for Pings. So far I’m very satisfied with results.

Hit my buddies 725 irons at the weekend (after he waited 7 odd months for them to be delivered). I was pretty excited to give them a bash as they are nice looking irons. I currently play P790’s, and when I hit them well, I love them. But irons are definitely the weakest part of my game, so always feel I could use a little more help. The irons looks pretty compact considering the type of iron they are (more chunky than my P790’s). But feel wise, horrible. Even when I felt I hit it sweet, these were so hard feeling. Didn’t get that feeling of a sweetly struck shot at all. Don’t think these irons would be for me.

Hit my buddies 725 irons at the weekend (after he waited 7 odd months for them to be delivered). I was pretty excited to give them a bash as they are nice looking irons. I currently play P790’s, and when I hit them well, I love them. But irons are definitely the weakest part of my game, so always feel I could use a little more help. The irons looks pretty compact considering the type of iron they are (more chunky than my P790’s). But feel wise, horrible. Even when I felt I hit it sweet, these were so hard feeling. Didn’t get that feeling of a sweetly struck shot at all. Don’t think these irons would be for me.

725 irons ??? Prerelease ?? Pics. NEED NOW !!
all kidding aside. Assume you mean G710’s right?

Looks like the next ping driver may be the first to have carbon fiber.

Their first Gen Rapture was carbon. They went away from it though citing too costly compared to titanium.

If they do go back to carbon that should fix the sound. Although for me I’ve been gaming the 425 since Sept and have acclimated to it. Bring a slower swinger sometimes the louder sound gives that feeling of crushing one. I know when I was comparing the PXG Gen 2 to the Epic flash people knocked the Flash for its louder sound. The PXG was more muted. I actually preferred the Flash.

Last edited:
Their first Gen Rapture was carbon. They went away from it though citing too costly compared to titanium.

If they do go back to carbon that should fix the sound. Although for me I’ve been gaming the 425 since Sept and have acclimated to it. Bring a slower swinger sometimes the louder sound gives that feeling of crushing one. I know when I was comparing the PXG Gen 2 to the Epic flash people knocked the Flash for its louder sound. The PXG was more muted. I actually preferred the Flash.

I also had a Rapture ... V2 I believe. Long, long time ago

i have only ever had one ping club in my bag. The isi tech driver. Didn’t remember the rapture having carbon..

i have only ever had one ping club in my bag. The isi tech driver. Didn’t remember the rapture having carbon..

Yes, the Rapture had the shiny carbon fiber top

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 10.28.42 AM.png

I also had a Rapture ... V2 I believe. Long, long time ago
Ah the V2. When I needed more loft I had the 13.5. It’s still one of the longest drivers I’ve ever owned. Drove a par 4 with it (Only time ever doing so) as well as did an on course test on a hole with some older and current drivers and the V2 had the longest drive of the day.

THAT IS SO WEIRD.

My iron order went about the same way. Was told 6-8 weeks, they came in 3-4 weeks. (Green dot g425+1/2” power spec with CB shaft).

Finally got to hit them this week in Tucson. Coming off Titleist T100s/T200 combo set, these are totally different but nice. As I get older and a couple knee surgeries later, I thought I’d venture back to a more GI iron. I like the shape and look of these. Playing again today…

I ordered the clubs listed at the bottom of this post on March 9th. All but the G425 22 degree were delivered yesterday. These all had a sticker on the grip with an offer to scan for a free sensor and free trial from ARCCOS Caddie.

The 22 degree was delivered today. It did not have a sticker but seems to have the Arccos sensor already installed.

The grips look different. Looks like I would need to replace the included grips with one that allows installation of the sensor, unless grips are sent as well? If I don’t want to buy new grips initially and just want to test the 4H club that already has the sensor, I wonder how to go about getting the free trial.

PING DRIVER - RH! G425 MAX 10.5* ALTA CB REG FLEX STD LENGTH/GRIP

PING FAIRWAYS - RH! G425 MAX 3,5 WOODS ALTA CB REG FLEX STD LENGTH/GRIP

PING HYBRIDS - RH! G425 19*, 22* ALTA CB REG FLEX STD LENGTH/GRIP

Edit: I found Ping would send a separate sensor that you screw into the butt end of the grip installed on the other four clubs. I like the look of the sensor pre-installed in the grip much better.

Any experience with the app, is it worth the trouble? Thanks

Ping_Arccos_Caddie.png

Last edited:
725 irons ??? Prerelease ?? Pics. NEED NOW !!
all kidding aside. Assume you mean G710’s right?

f**k knows what I was going on about LOL. I meant G425’s.

Back