JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The PING G425 driver just hit the USGA conforming list. You will start to hear news about the product line, mostly the driver as irons won’t be on there, but it will be a full line. To start with, here is what we can say. The G425 driver is made up of three models.

MAXLSTSFT

The major story for driver will be a re-engineered CG shifter (weight movement) and a larger difference between the three models than the G410. For irons will be HydroPearl Consistency and multimaterial badge for feel.

Untitled-1-1-1024x692.jpg

These products (the full line) will then officially be...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• 20200002.jpg
    20200002.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,181
Last edited by a moderator:
What in the world is behind that strategy? I guess I can see the Japan reasoning since that seems relatively common with other brands but Australia?

release date 2021?! seems like big misstep there. interesting to read they’re all in on the movable weight when they were kinda late to that party.

Oh more staggered releases. Nothing like having a bunch of buzz built up online only to not be able to generate any revenue from it. I know Ping was way behind on custom orders. Maybe they are waiting until those are fulfilled before releasing a replacement before some customers received their order from the last line?

They make USA wait too long.

I can access via Japan - as everyone can of course buy without testing first - and this just means my new Big Berthas will have to share the locker with new Pings....

This makes no sense...

Wow that seems dumb.

I'm sure they have a good reason for not releasing, but I can't believe it.

Especially considering the position that Ping had established themselves with in the Driver space. Since G400 they have had some impressive products.

Seem so odd but there must be reasons that make sense to Ping decision makers

Hoping for a 12* in the Max model.

I'm no fan of this release strategy.

Thanks @JB for the info. It’s a bit odd to keep an embargo when you know that there are a lot of people that will create reviews and post images /shrug

Very odd release strategy. Not sure how they figure it will pay off well, but somebody's making the decisions for them.

they better hope those that buy them out of Japan and/or Australia really love them

With the MAX name replacing the Plus name at least we won't have to worry about a Double Max driver being released 6 months later.

With the MAX name replacing the Plus name at least we won't have to worry about a Double Max driver being released 6 months later.
It'll be the Max Plus! :LOL:

Extreme Max

I don’t get it at all. The G410 line has been discounted for a while. Should be a global release imo.

Maybe supply chain issues force them to only do non-US release as US demand likely multiplies the demand.

Maybe supply chain issues force them to only do non-US release as US demand likely multiplies the demand.

This is the ONLY possible explanation that makes any sense.

Seems kind of odd but someone with more experience than me seems to be making a mistake. :unsure: Just ahead of other company’s 2021 releases?

hmmm... 2021 release? that is more than 4 months away...

Back