Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

Put a Kinetixx Ballistic in one of these heads for my next round.

That could be a interesting paring for sure.....I had one of my group hit my C721 a couple of times today.....then he put it in his bag....aw heck no

Driver was good all day today. 2 of my longest drives of the year, both over 300 today. Granted they were both downhill, but still a great showing on a wet course. Hit 5 of 10 fairway with driver, with only one bad miss when I pulled it left. Otherwise I was putting myself in good positions even if I missed the fairway.

As the weather begins to turn, and I’m not sure how much more I’ll be able to get outside and golf, I wanted to provide a run down on my experience this year with the C721. I’ve been gaming since late March, and it hasn’t come out of the bag since, and don’t see it happening any time soon.

FIR went from 40% to 47%: In addition, I've also been incurring .5 less penalty strokes with this driver. I think a lot of this has to do with the forgiveness. If I do miss it’s not as far off line. It may be in the first cut, instead of the woods. But either way, I have confidence in this driver that I haven’t always had in others in the past.

Average has gone up 12 yards per drive: Went from averaging 250 per drive, up to 262. Long drives before were in the mid 280’s, now I’m at or just above 300, with a long of 308 this year. I think some of this distance gained is due to the low spin, resulting in more roll out than what I typically saw in the past.

Forgiveness: I’m still astounded by the forgiveness. Misses on both the heel, and especially the toe, want to stay in play. It's definitely not down the middle of the fairway, but on most courses with reasonable sized fairways, you are on the edge, or just in the rough. I think this will continue to keep me out of trouble.

Sound and Feel: The sound and feel of the C721 are very good. I believe that TEE definitely got it right. On solid, center of the face shots, I know it by the sound and feel. On misses, I also knew it by the sound and feel. It's exactly what I want. Confidence when I hit a good one, and feedback when I hit a bad one. Overall, I don't know what else I would want in this area. It checks the boxes for me. The sound and feel, to me, are just what I'm looking for. I would describe both as solid. You feel and hear the power when you catch one just right, and the ball jumps off the face.

Looks: The Ridgeback and Carbon wings look incredible on the course. Nothing distracting and nothing out of the ordinary. Just a great look. I do enjoy the Ridgeback as a sort of alignment aid. It helped me ensure I got the clubface square, as least before I started my swing. I prefer the matte of the Pro lineup, but the gloss is still very well done, so no complaints here.

Stock Shaft Pairing: Based on the Speed Analysis from TEE, and my swing speed, I fit into the HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, and after one round I think this pairing is fantastic. It feels a bit less stout than the Smoke yellow and Smoke green I've played in the past, which is a welcome change. I think I can get after it a bit more with Smoke Yellow or Green, but my swing isn't overly aggressive, so it felt too stiff and had me swinging out of my shoes to try to match up with the shaft. I'm not fighting the RDX Blue, and I have enjoyed that aspect very much, so kudos to the staff at Tour Edge getting this pairing right. This pairing allowed me to get my tempo back, and a smooth controlled swing was rewarded. May try some other shafts next year just for fun, but honestly I have no reason other than just trying them out. The stock shaft has been great!

Overall: As you can see my performance with the C721 has improved over my previous driver. The head and shaft pairing just work, both in distance as well as dispersion. The sound and feel are as good as anything I’ve played in the past. I’ve had more playing partners tell me this year that I’m hammering it off the tee, than in years past. Another example that shows me I must have something here, when others take notice. Then to have the data in FIR % and Distance to back it up, just confirms this is a great driver, and one that people need to take a look at if they haven’t already.

Thanks to THP and Tour Edge for the opportunity to be on the TEEm this year, as the C721 driver has been outstanding!

As the weather begins to turn, and I’m not sure how much more I’ll be able to get outside and golf, I wanted to provide a run down on my experience this year with the C721. I’ve been gaming since late March, and it hasn’t come out of the bag since, and don’t see it happening any time soon.

FIR went from 40% to 47%: In addition, I've also been incurring .5 less penalty strokes with this driver. I think a lot of this has to do with the forgiveness. If I do miss it’s not as far off line. It may be in the first cut, instead of the woods. But either way, I have confidence in this driver that I haven’t always had in others in the past.

Average has gone up 12 yards per drive: Went from averaging 250 per drive, up to 262. Long drives before were in the mid 280’s, now I’m at or just above 300, with a long of 308 this year. I think some of this distance gained is due to the low spin, resulting in more roll out than what I typically saw in the past.

Forgiveness: I’m still astounded by the forgiveness. Misses on both the heel, and especially the toe, want to stay in play. It's definitely not down the middle of the fairway, but on most courses with reasonable sized fairways, you are on the edge, or just in the rough. I think this will continue to keep me out of trouble.

Sound and Feel: The sound and feel of the C721 are very good. I believe that TEE definitely got it right. On solid, center of the face shots, I know it by the sound and feel. On misses, I also knew it by the sound and feel. It's exactly what I want. Confidence when I hit a good one, and feedback when I hit a bad one. Overall, I don't know what else I would want in this area. It checks the boxes for me. The sound and feel, to me, are just what I'm looking for. I would describe both as solid. You feel and hear the power when you catch one just right, and the ball jumps off the face.

Looks: The Ridgeback and Carbon wings look incredible on the course. Nothing distracting and nothing out of the ordinary. Just a great look. I do enjoy the Ridgeback as a sort of alignment aid. It helped me ensure I got the clubface square, as least before I started my swing. I prefer the matte of the Pro lineup, but the gloss is still very well done, so no complaints here.

Stock Shaft Pairing: Based on the Speed Analysis from TEE, and my swing speed, I fit into the HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, and after one round I think this pairing is fantastic. It feels a bit less stout than the Smoke yellow and Smoke green I've played in the past, which is a welcome change. I think I can get after it a bit more with Smoke Yellow or Green, but my swing isn't overly aggressive, so it felt too stiff and had me swinging out of my shoes to try to match up with the shaft. I'm not fighting the RDX Blue, and I have enjoyed that aspect very much, so kudos to the staff at Tour Edge getting this pairing right. This pairing allowed me to get my tempo back, and a smooth controlled swing was rewarded. May try some other shafts next year just for fun, but honestly I have no reason other than just trying them out. The stock shaft has been great!

Overall: As you can see my performance with the C721 has improved over my previous driver. The head and shaft pairing just work, both in distance as well as dispersion. The sound and feel are as good as anything I’ve played in the past. I’ve had more playing partners tell me this year that I’m hammering it off the tee, than in years past. Another example that shows me I must have something here, when others take notice. Then to have the data in FIR % and Distance to back it up, just confirms this is a great driver, and one that people need to take a look at if they haven’t already.

Thanks to THP and Tour Edge for the opportunity to be on the TEEm this year, as the C721 driver has been outstanding!
Just wanted to bump this up, and it's fallen too far down! As I've been unable to get out lately due to the holidays and weather, I keep thinking about how good this driver was. From increasing FIR and distance, to really liking the overall visual package, not to mention sound and feel, this is a driver that deserves a look from those thinking about upgrading!

Man, you can't argue with those stats!
I finally saw a C721 in person the other day. It looks WAY better than I expected.

Man, you can't argue with those stats!
I finally saw a C721 in person the other day. It looks WAY better than I expected.
The Ridgeback and Carbon wings are a lot better in hand than in pictures. It's something I've come to like during my season with it in the bag.

The Ridgeback and Carbon wings are a lot better in hand than in pictures. It's something I've come to like during my season with it in the bag.
Really does look nice doesn’t it! Sound is pure as well. TE did a great job with this driver. Will be interesting to see what they have coming in their next iteration.

Really does look nice doesn’t it! Sound is pure as well. TE did a great job with this driver. Will be interesting to see what they have coming in their next iteration.
I agree, and it's something I'll be keeping an eye on.

John Daly with the C721 driver in the bag for his PNC win.

Tour Edge Golf (@TourEdgeGolf) Tweeted:
John Daly plays Tour Edge Exotics in PNC Championship win https://t.co/FVdXWIR1v7

I’m so sure about the C721 I ordered a Tensei Blue Raw shaft from TE today. I think they may combo very well. C721 has a solid shot at remaining in this years bag.

I’m so sure about the C721 I ordered a Tensei Blue Raw shaft from TE today. I think they may combo very well. C721 has a solid shot at remaining in this years bag.
Best of luck, and I'll be interested in the differences you see. I really like this shaft in my pro 3w, great overall feel and performance.

Best of luck, and I'll be interested in the differences you see. I really like this shaft in my pro 3w, great overall feel and performance.
The feel and performance of it in 3 wood is what got me considering it for the 721.

Got shaft early in the week. About the same time I got Covid. Finally felt like doing some experimenting today. Blue raw launches higher than the smoke blue. I added a little weight back to the head may add a little more. Feel and performance were good on sim. More time needed to compare them. From 1st session it looks promising.

Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

So glad to have this club in the bag. Today hit 9 of 12 fairways, only lost one drive on an over swing, and averaged 261 off the tee. Feel really good about the average, because each ball was plugged, or even came back a bit. With some roll out, watch out!

So glad to have this club in the bag. Today hit 9 of 12 fairways, only lost one drive on an over swing, and averaged 261 off the tee. Feel really good about the average, because each ball was plugged, or even came back a bit. With some roll out, watch out!
What driver did you play before this? I'm still playing the TEE EXS and have had no urge replace it. Once I dialed it in, I've always been in the fairway and consistently longer than most of my peers. Of course, to be one of my peers, you have to be over 75. :p

Great stuff right there! That is how you start the season.

What shaft are you rocking?

Great stuff right there! That is how you start the season.

What shaft are you rocking?
I have the HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX. Been a really good pairing with the C721 head.

What driver did you play before this? I'm still playing the TEE EXS and have had no urge replace it. Once I dialed it in, I've always been in the fairway and consistently longer than most of my peers. Of course, to be one of my peers, you have to be over 75. :p
I played the Cobra Speedzone before this. I'm found the C721 more forgiving for me and my swing, and about 10 yards longer too, if memory serves me right. I'm not in your peer group, but for my peer group I'd say I'm in the fairway more, and a bit longer. But all that depends on the day and my swing ;)

@bbutler how has that Tensei Blue Raw been paired with the C721?

I have the HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX. Been a really good pairing with the C721 head.

Ahh, I didn’t realize that! That’s the shaft I’m going with in the Cobra LTDx for the MC. Liked it when I hit it at Golf Galaxy.

@bbutler how has that Tensei Blue Raw been paired with the C721?
Launches high for me with c721. Turned it down to lowest launch. It then worked pretty well. Only wish is it was slightly lighter. I pulled adapter from it and put it in an LTDx. Put RDX blue back in C721.

Back