Take Your PuttOut With You

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
We here at THP have been covering PuttOUT since they burst onto the scene in 2017, from the inception of the Pressure Putt Trainer all the way to the most recent PuttOUT Studio Accessories here. However, when it comes to the products which the brand has designed, there tends to be a heavy emphasis placed on using them indoors, which makes sense, but is definitely missing out on the bigger picture potential. 

PuttOut-1.jpeg

While reviewing golf equipment here for THP is a big part of my life, the other side of my career in golf centers around coaching high schoolers in this...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the trainer at the course a few times and would take it out there more if the practice green at my home course was not useless. Never really considered that as an aid to be just used indoors.

I have the putting gates that I plan on using on the putting green this year.

Since I don't have one, I have never really thought about it's indoor / outdoor application. I think honestly though, if I did have one I would rarely if ever take it outdoors. Like I would practice in the basement with that or my loft and if I was trying to practice outdoors I would take a club and hit little chips. This is great food for thought though, and a great reminder thanks @Jman

Although I have not had mine to course yet it will be used thee soon. Have been traveling. My setup works perfectly in my Motorhome or on patio at rv campsite. Multiple uses for all the pieces to the system. I can promise that mirror and gates will be in my bag at the Quest Cup.

Great concept @Jman! I hadn't considered taking it outside, as a result I didn't buy it. Maybe I should reconsider!

Timing of this is pretty spot on for me as I am working on my short game.
Our club has a decent putting green with both large and small holes, but it can get crowded. I just folded up my PuttOut and put it in my bag so I can bring to the course tomorrow.

I have planned to take my trainer to the outside practice green since I bought it. It just seemed natural.

Good idea!

I have the Puttout, mirror and gates but predominately use it at home on my Big Moss putting mat.

Have tended to use an elevated Dave Pelz string and posts for outdoor practice.

Looks like it is time to bring the Puttout to the course.

Timing of this is pretty spot on for me as I am working on my short game.
Our club has a decent putting green with both large and small holes, but it can get crowded. I just folded up my PuttOut and put it in my bag so I can bring to the course tomorrow.
This is the biggest boon to it IMO, and it is funny that part of the design is forgotten by most.

Great article @Jman i enjoyed reading about how you’re utilizing Putt out to help train your kids.

Feel a bit dumb for never doing this! Especially having two of them, why wouldn’t I stick one in the bag!

Have the Putt Out and the mirror. I have only used them indoors on my putting mat.

Great timing. I’m going to take mine on my trip this weekend. May bring the mat for evening putting but will tuck it in the bag if crowded

During the season, my PuttOut is in the bag all the time.

It sees the practice green almost every round. It almost never fails that there are never enough holes to go around on the practice green. It is also handy for trying to gauge speed on uphill/downhill putts where there normally wouldn't be a hole.

Great timing. I’m going to take mine on my trip this weekend. May bring the mat for evening putting but will tuck it in the bag if crowded
Maybe take some $$$ off your friends in the evenings?

Back