Vokey WedgeWorks Low Bounce SM9 K Grind

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in January, Titleist launched the new Vokey SM9 wedges and if you missed all of the details, you can find them here. Today, the company is making an addition, with the tour proven K Grind that will be available as part of their WedgeWorks program.

The SM9 K Grind was born the same way as a lot of their designs. From Bob Vokey and Aaron Dill collaborating with tour players on the perfect options and getting feedback from amateurs on what they want and like in a wedge. The SM9 K Grind will favor golfers who like the wide, cambered sole and ease of use green side in thicker grass and sand...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Choices are good...

I love that finish.

Looks good but low bounce and 60* are not a combo for me.

6 degrees of bounce but a much wider sole. That will make an interesting play..

I'm not great but don't you want a higher bounce with a higher degree wedge?

I could totally be thinking wrong with being super sleep deprived, but I thought higher bounce was higher launch or am I thinking the other way?

• Admin
I'm not great but don't you want a higher bounce with a higher degree wedge?

I could totally be thinking wrong with being super sleep deprived, but I thought higher bounce was higher launch or am I thinking the other way?
Not necessarily. Wider sole for higher handicappers in a lot of cases, but that doesnt necessarily mean more bounce.

Will have to take a look at this one! Really liking the option and idea here! Limited run pricing I get it.

$225

Yikes. I don't mind paying for a wedge because they make scores, but this one is so specific that it would actually get used less for me, so that's a pass.

Scheffler playing one of these

$225

Yikes. I don't mind paying for a wedge because they make scores, but this one is so specific that it would actually get used less for me, so that's a pass.

Isn't the K low bounce a wedge to take to Bandon? I keep hearing that ...

Wedge works in general? Is it worth it? Is just just extra expense for some bag appeal? The low bounce k has my interesting but I struggle with the cost…

Wedge works in general? Is it worth it? Is just just extra expense for some bag appeal? The low bounce k has my interesting but I struggle with the cost…
Depends on how specific you want to get. My Vokey SM8 was from Wedge Works and I liked the grip and shaft band.

Some of their specifics are pretty great like this K grind, which I love.

Depends on how specific you want to get. My Vokey SM8 was from Wedge Works and I liked the grip and shaft band.

Some of their specifics are pretty great like this K grind, which I love.

the idea of the low bounce K intrigues me. Wider sole but lower bounce seems like a good idea. The cost though…

the idea of the low bounce K intrigues me. Wider sole but lower bounce seems like a good idea. The cost though…
Have you tried the Cobra Wide Low?

Have you tried the Cobra Wide Low?

have not.. I was just trying to think what is similar out there. I think the callaway X grind is in the same vein as well. But I would have to check..

have not.. I was just trying to think what is similar out there. I think the callaway X grind is in the same vein as well. But I would have to check..
Similar, as it has a pretty concentrated area of low bounce. The Wide Low might be my favorite of this style.

I had quite a bit of grinding done to my SM8s and it's totally worth it. My custom wedges became more custom.

I've only heard good things about the low bounce K Grind.

On a related note, since there have been some press releases about the low bounce K, and some guys take it to Bandon as a specialty wedge, I was in Artisan yesterday and asked about a Bandon Wedge - so he looked in the files, took out my spec sheet, and said, you don't have much bounce and your leading edge number is very low - low to the ground - your 59 will be fine. At least that saved money and could put the thoughts of another wedge ... away.;)

Go for it... if you want or another wide low... then tell us about it.:D

I've only heard good things about the low bounce K Grind.

On a related note, since there have been some press releases about the low bounce K, and some guys take it to Bandon as a specialty wedge, I was in Artisan yesterday and asked about a Bandon Wedge - so he looked in the files, took out my spec sheet, and said, you don't have much bounce and your leading edge number is very low - low to the ground - your 59 will be fine. At least that saved money and could put the thoughts of another wedge ... away.;)

Go for it... if you want or another wide low... then tell us about it.:D

i would probably go with the cobra at 75 dollars less as a trial to see if I like the design. If it works, maybe consider the wedgeworks. But if the cobra works.. why spend more for the same thing??

i would probably go with the cobra at 75 dollars less as a trial to see if I like the design. If it works, maybe consider the wedgeworks. But if the cobra works.. why spend more for the same thing??

Your reasoning is impeccable. :)

The scallop in the back promotes it sitting lower to the ground on the Wide Low as well.

The scallop in the back promotes it sitting lower to the ground on the Wide Low as well.

whoever is talking sounds like they know their stuff. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Back