Best “golf” book you ever read...?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
What is the best “golf book” that you’ve ever read..? It can be historical, instructional, biographical or fiction... just primarily about golf.

Only one read for me, and I really enjoyed it. Harvey Pennick's Little Red Book.

6C1292A9-BD58-4F97-8494-D69B6533C935.jpegBest golf book I ever read. While it is primarily instructional... Jones had wonderful stories to go along with the teaching... and his command of the English language was wonderful!

P.G. Wodehouse's "Golf Omnibus". A collection of 31 short stories about golf written in a hilarious way. Wodehouse is better known for the Jeeves and Wooster series.

I've read way too many golf books but the one that I have re-read more than any other is Harvey Penick's Little Red Book. It's a gem.

Little Red Book.

Read it at least once every year.

"Tee'd Off" is a funny one.
As is "Missing Links" by Rick Reilly.

Hogan by Curt Sampson

Currently reading An American Caddie in St. Andrews and I'm enjoying that one too.

The only "golf" book I've ever read.

alice-cooper-golf-monster.jpg

John Daly's autobiography. (y)

The Practice Manual by Adam Young changed everything I assumed about my golf game and how to improve.

Penick's Little Red Book and those that followed.

John Feinstein's Caddie for Life: The Bruce Edwards Story and his book on Q School.

On the fiction side, I love Dan Jenkins stuff - Dead Solid Perfect, The Money-Whipped Steer-Job Three-Jack Give-Up Artist and Slim and None.

I enjoyed “The Match “.

Robt. Trent Jones book on designing golf courses
Tiger Woods How I Play Golf

John Feinstein’s “A Good Walk Spoiled”.

Penick's Little Red Book followed by Hogan's Five Lessons.

The P.G. Woodhouse stories.

1. 'Golf Has Never Failed Me' -Donald Ross
2. The 3 Harvey Penick books - 'Little Red Book'
'And If You Play Golf, You're My Friend'
'The Game For a Lifetime'
3. 'The Spirit of St. Andrews' - Alister MacKenzie
4. 'Masters of the Links' - Geoff Shackelford
5. 'Under the Lone Star Flagstick' - Melanie Hauser
6. 'A Wee Nip at the 19th Hole' - Richard MacKenzie
7. 'The Gods of Golf' - David Smith/John Holms
8. 'Alliss' 19th Hole' - Peter Alliss

Tom Coyne's A Course Called Ireland

Harvey penick “little Red Book” is one of my most read golf books. Read it constantly. The other three that follow are good too

Grand Slam Bobby jones, America, and the story of golf” mark frost. I like it better than” the match”which is also a good read.

It's a 1st place tie for me. Penick's "Little Red Book", and Earnest Jone's ""Swing The Club Head".

I'd even give del la Torre's book "Understanding The Golf Swing" some heavy credit.

Yes, I have read quite a few of the newer, modern swing books.

Golf is not a Game of Perfect

Tie: Who's Your Caddy and John Daly: My Life in and out of the Rough

Back